What Food Do You Feed Your Dogs?

Old January 21st 09, 02:54 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
The Dog Food Dude

Default What Food Do You Feed Your Dogs?

Just a little curious because i feed Oskar my Lab home made natural
food and have done so for years. What dop you feed your dog?
Old January 21st 09, 03:17 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
Tara Green

The Dog Food Dude wrote:
Just a little curious because i feed Oskar my Lab home made natural
food and have done so for years. What dop you feed your dog?

Honest Kitchen, and some Natural Balance log for training treats.

I try to feed the cats their "Prowl", but the cats (many MANY of them
now that I do cat rescue) really think its "eeeeewie", so I feed them
Evo canned and Before Grain dry.
Old January 21st 09, 04:08 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health

In article ,
The Dog Food Dude wrote:
Just a little curious [ ... ]

Why do you call yourself "The Dog Food Dude?"

Old January 28th 09, 12:29 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
[email protected]

On Jan 20, 8:33*pm, Tara Green wrote:
Rocky wrote:
(Melinda Shore) said in rec.pets.dogs.health:

The Dog Food Dude wrote:
Just a little curious [ ... ]
Why do you call yourself "The Dog Food Dude?"

Sigh, another blogspotter. *Apparently Marley would not have
died if he'd been eating The Dude's free recipes. *Bacon and
eggs is one suggested meal.

yikes!!!

Here's my two cents that I truely believe in...I've decided to keep my
dog on a bones and raw food diet (BARF). Yes
it costs more, but at least I know what does into the food and how
much is actually consumed at a sitting. Our dog came from the shelter
which had adopted a BARF diet for all it's dogs. I don't see a
downside, honestly, and even our vet agrees (although I do know some
vets are dead set or reluctant against BARF).
Old January 28th 09, 12:31 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health

Here's my two cents [ ... ]

You're up to six cents.

Old February 2nd 09, 06:30 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
Shari and Dakota

We feed ours Science Diet as their mainstay. For treats they get raw
carrots, cabbage hearts, broccoli stems, cheese, and dog biscuits.
We've tried celery and grapes, but they aren't keen on either one.
Some of our leftovers they get, but not dinner meat. If we have
leftover soup, we'll share it with them.

Some people think we're daft for not giving them meat bones from
dinner, but instead giving them raw carrots and things. But our
oldest is 14 and she's still pretty spry, and the last cat I had lived
to 17. So I trust my methods :-)

Shari

---
Dogs and bears, sports and cars, and patriots t-shirts
http://www.villagetshirts.com
The Retraining of Dakota, the shelter dog
http://www.squidoo.com/pounddogtraining