strange behavior of owner and his 2 dogs

Old September 11th 03, 03:24 PM

Default strange behavior of owner and his 2 dogs

Hi, everyone,

My neighbor has two dogs that he keeps inside his house almost
constantly. The dogs are both female, one is a large black lab and the
other is a fat Stafford pitbull-looking dog. When the guy first moved
in, the black dog was very friendly and the other one, who had already
bitten a little girl down the street during one of his first escapes,
was mean and dangerous looking. Over the past few months I've seen
that the neighbor never opens his garage door, never goes outside his
house, never waters his lawn, trees, and plants (it was a brand new
house) even though he has an automatic sprinkler system, never ever
walks his dogs and never leaves the dogs outside except for about 5
minutes each day. A couple of weeks ago, I saw the dogs outside while
he was standing there, and the black dog, instead of being the
sweetheart she was, tried to attack me while barking shrilly, like
killing me was her sole purpose in life. I have two children and these
dogs have esaped before and chased ducks. I am worried about these
animals (and about this guy, to tell you the truth). Are these dogs
being abused? I called our local cops and they couldn't do anything
until the animals actually bite someone.

naybor
Old September 11th 03, 06:39 PM
Child

wrote in message
[...]

i hear no evidence that the dogs are abused in your story. I hear evidence
that the dogs are poorly socialized. He needs to make sure his dogs don't
get loose.

Old September 11th 03, 06:48 PM
Charlie Wilkes

On Thu, 11 Sep 2003 14:24:48 GMT, wrote:

[...]

Stay OUT of this situation unless the guy does something illegal or
unless the dogs are starving or appear to be physically injured, in
which case you call the ASPCA.

You don't know what is going on. This may be a guy who has people out
to kill him. Or, the guy may be a tweaker or a paranoid nut.

You are slightly worried, but you are also curious. I strongly
suggest, for your own sake, that you find something else to be curious
about.

Charlie

Old September 11th 03, 09:30 PM

On Thu, 11 Sep 2003 17:48:50 GMT, Charlie Wilkes
wrote:

[...]

I'm not curious. His dogs ran across my yard and attacked some
animals. That could easily have been one of my kids. I am concerned
and will be as nosy as I see fit.

Old September 11th 03, 10:04 PM
Child

wrote in message

I'm not curious. His dogs ran across my yard and attacked some
animals. That could easily have been one of my kids. I am concerned
and will be as nosy as I see fit.

Ohh, your animals.!
if his animal attacked one of your animals on your property, call animal
control and file a report.