Still Peeing in House

Old August 17th 07, 12:40 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
[email protected]

Default Still Peeing in House

Lab/Aussie Shepard mix, 19 weeks/4 months old. We trained them to go
to the door when they want to go to the bathroom. We always see them
at the door, so there is no waiting. They still will pee either near
the door or in the same room as the door. Sometimes, it's a sudden
squat-and-go even if they weren't occupied with a game. Cutting down
on water availability only cut the peeing frequency (and makes us
nervous about them having enough water, even though we are following
our vet's guidelines). We clean the pee with anti-pee-smell stuff
(although maybe they still smell pee in the room since the trash can
is there?). They are crated at night and when we are away. They go 8
hours or more at night without asking to go to the bathroom. Any
advice?

Old August 17th 07, 02:07 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Janet Boss

In article 2007081708561816807-montana@wildhackcominvalid,
montana wildhack wrote:

Take them out on a schedule and don't let them have the opportunity to
make a mistake. You might want to take urine samples to the vet for
analysis.

This is where the "two puppies at the same time" becomes an obviously
bad idea. It's hard to watch 2 at once, and since they have each other
for virtually non-stop play, they will have a larger number of "gotta
go, gotta go, gotta go right now" moments. I would add some
regulation to their free play time together. Work on obedience with
each as an individual, impose nap times (separate crates!), teaching
them to settle. I hope they go to a good puppy class as well. Even
though they have each other, socialization is much more than just other
puppies, and obedience instruction is a good thing as well.

--
Janet Boss