Puppy farm alert!

Old April 1st 04, 06:58 PM
Rocky

Sue said in rec.pets.dogs.breeds:

A puppy farm is a place where puppies are produced as a
cash crop - it can be a mill or a dealer/broker.

Thank you for the response.

Old April 1st 04, 07:07 PM
Rich

I just don't get what you're saying. Is it wrong to breed dogs for sale??
Where do they come from if you don't breed them?

Old April 1st 04, 07:42 PM
Sue

It is wrong to breed dogs with no consideration for the welfare of these
dogs or their offspring.
Any litter should be bred to be the best possible, a breeder should try &
produce the best they can. This includes considering the breed standard,
temperament, health & available, suitable homes!

I always advise people looking to buy a puppy to ask which one the breeder
is keeping - if the breeder didn't PLAN to keep one to walk away..... ( the
breeder may have a good reason for not keeping one - no bitches or mismarks
etc but they should have hoped for "the one" )

There will still be puppies that don't quite make the grade available for
pets - reared as well as possible with everything possible ( health checks &
studied pedigrees ) being done so that they have happy & healthy lives in
appropriate homes.
There is no reason for puppies to be moved away from their "nest" or
birthplace for sale - unless it is for the instant gratification of an
uneducated puppy buyer.

Dogs bred for purely for sale just need to look cute to pull in a sucker!
What do you need to be a suitable owner? Oh yes, money!

These poor puppies were probably born in cages to bitches who were bred
every heat ;- more puppies = more money.

Sue

Puppies

Old April 1st 04, 07:43 PM
Rocky

Rich said in rec.pets.dogs.breeds:

I just don't get what you're saying. Is it wrong to breed
dogs for sale?? Where do they come from if you don't breed
them?

How long did you read these groups before you started posting?

Old April 1st 04, 07:48 PM

Rocky wrote:
How long did you read these groups before you started posting?

Usenet is a write-only medium. You read this stuff?

On 3/30/2004, House Republicans killed a proposal to impose
spending caps to offset the cost of the GOP tax cuts
Old April 2nd 04, 04:33 AM
Melissa S. Frye

"J1Boss" wrote in message
I understand that a dog can obtain a CSX, but only if it extracts the hot
dog buns from the bag and then replaces the bag in its original condition
on the counter with the twistie back on.

--
Kate

I believe Lucy would come close to earning her CSX. Does

Kizzi once consumed two beef livers coolng on the stove and the water around
them without ever rattling the pan (I was in the next room reading).

Gunny on the other hand, can push out chairs to get on to the table, where
she can then leap to the counters.
She has done this for whole wheat flour (she won't eat the regular fould but
the whole wheat...).

Last time we were in a hotel room in five minutes she had her head in the
little fridge trying to select her treat (but it opens so easy!).

We usually put all food up on the thing about the coat rack in hotels, and
Gunny and my friend's dog will circle under it sniffing and standing on
their hind legs like a pair of starved bears.

Food motivation is very powerful.
--
Melissa S. Frye
Skyrocket cockers www.mfrye.com/skyrocket/

Old April 2nd 04, 03:03 PM
Sionnach

"KWBrown" wrote:

I understand that a dog can obtain a CSX, but only if it extracts the hot
dog buns from the bag and then replaces the bag in its original condition
on the counter with the twistie back on.

How about a dog who removes a hamburger bun from a plate on the table with
a human three feet away, carefully conceals the entire bun in his mouth,
walks past the human and into the other room out of sight before eating the
bun?

Old April 2nd 04, 03:08 PM
Sionnach

"J1Boss" wrote:

How about extracting
individual pieces of grilled asparagus from a glass loaf pan on the

counter,
without making a sound or moving the pan at all?

My favorite in the food-in-the-pan line: the time that Morag removed a
large slice of ham from a frying pan on the stove WHILE IT WAS COOKING.
The fact that she's only 20.5" tall made it even more impressive. G

And for sheer chutzpah, nothing beats the time (two days after she came to
live with us) that she came up to me, put her chin on my leg and looked at
me adoringly, climbed halfway into my lap and leaned her head against my
shoulder....then, having disarmed me with affection, lunged and snatched my
bagel off of the plate in front of me.

Old April 2nd 04, 04:26 PM
KWBrown

"Sionnach" wrote in
:

"KWBrown" wrote:

I understand that a dog can obtain a CSX, but only if it extracts the
hot dog buns from the bag and then replaces the bag in its original
condition on the counter with the twistie back on.

How about a dog who removes a hamburger bun from a plate on the
table with
a human three feet away, carefully conceals the entire bun in his
mouth, walks past the human and into the other room out of sight
before eating the bun?

It depends on the number of crumbs left on the floor of the other room...
sloppy surfers leave evidence...

Kate

Is getting a Chihuahua puppy reasonable for me? Pyro Doug Dog breeds 0 March 28th 04 03:42 PM
New Puppy Questions (Shih Tsu) MikeTheBike9 Dog breeds 1 November 24th 03 11:18 PM
Puppy problem &michael Dog breeds 3 September 7th 03 08:45 AM
Problem with spayed puppy and un-neutered puppy. M&M Dog health 1 July 13th 03 01:13 AM
Adopted Golden Retriever puppy, worried about size queenmother Dog breeds 7 July 10th 03 02:47 AM