Check out this "new breed"

Old August 12th 20, 03:13 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.breeds

Default Check out this "new breed"

On Thursday, September 24, 1998 at 3:00:00 AM UTC-4, LMMcK wrote:
This was on another dog list. Amazing what some will do for a buck!

There is some woman in the Indiana area breeding mixed breeds and giving
them a new breed name and selling them for BIG bucks! I believe $450-$750!
The higher end for tinies and females. The mix she is breeding are a combo
of Maltese, Pekenese and Lhasa! What a wonderful mix! She calls them
Ocherese! What a scam. Her web site is: http://dogs.spinweb.net/.

Supposedly the CKC (Continental Kennel Club,
http://www.ckcusa.com/index.htm) supports this type of breeding. An exerpt
someone submitted to the other list,
The article says,
"Continental supports a New Breed Development department. Other clubs do
not encourage this, Fontenot said, even though the inbreeding of
existing pedigrees leads to health problems and weakens bloodlines."

People from the list have written this woman and she is a sort of
person that is highly intelligent and makes no sense at all in the same
sentence. Some have also visited this woman, a quote from them:
"Also, she said that she usually has about 5 different litters at a
time!!!!!!!!! When I visited she had 35 puppies ready to go!"

The recent response from the Ocherese woman in regards to the leters sent by
people from the other list is as follows:

Dear Ignorant person,
You should not judge someone for
you may live in a glass house. Every one of my puppies goes to very
loving homes and every one is fixed before they are 6 months old. It is
in my contract. For every puppie I place I receive from the vetrinarian
a receipt that each puppie has been fix. If every breeder did this you
would be out of a job, which in my book would be wonderful. I am not
breeding for the perfect dog except for temperament. If you would talk
to anyone who has an Ocherese you would find a group of people who love
their dogs. The person who is a flamming idiot may be you for not
investagating someone before you sit in judgement. Their is nothing
throw away with what I am doing. Maybe you should look to some of those
AKC breeders who are looking for the perfect standard and in the process
breed some of those dogs who find their way to you because people can't
live with what they produce. No their is nothing throw away about the
Ocherese. The first Ocherese that was placed in a home is still living
at the age of 16 and still very much loved. I sleep very soundly every
night with three Ocherese at my side. Thank you for adding a link to
your web page someone may look in to what I am doing and find all you
say is not true. You never know maybe with your link I may place an
Ocherese in another loving home.
Thank you for the link
Janet Dilger
KEEPER OF THE OCHERESE----------