Dachshund Opinions

Old July 27th 03, 11:46 PM
C Newlin

Default Dachshund Opinions

Curious what you folks (especially Dachshund folks) think of this site:
http://www.dufoursdachshunds.net/
It'll take you *forever* to get to the actual page with the dogs on it...

--
C Newlin, Mercer, Mo!
free Webspace and Email for rescues:

FAYEvision...live nude boxers
http://www.box49.com/fayevision

Old July 28th 03, 05:00 AM
C Newlin

Well, my concern is that the site is listed on a webring as a *rescue* site.
There seems to be an emphisis i\on either getting the site owner a date (ie
the pics) or on her dogs and breeding. I was not sure about acceptable
colors, but only one dog seems to even have a Ch in the last 3 or 4
generations and I saw nothing about health testing.
I guess I'm wanting to raise a concern with the ring master that the site
doesn't fit the criteria.

--
http://www.box49.com/rescue
FAYEvision...live nude boxers
http://www.box49.com/fayevision

"Andrea" wrote in message

"Tara O." wrote
snip
I don't believe she's actually showing.

She doesn't appear to be. Of her 15 or so adult dogs (which is a lot in my
mind!) only one has a CH, and it's not her breeding. I find this a problem
in that she claims to breed show quality dogs.

PROS:
Written health guarantee, health testing,

I didn't see where she had health tests & results listed for any of her
dogs. They only have a one year guarantee, according to their contract. If
there's a problem, you must return your dog, and they'll give you a new

one.
Not that great if you ask me.

Not the worst, but she's got some work to do, IMO.

--
-Andrea Stone
Saorsa Basenjis

Old July 28th 03, 07:04 AM
Andrea

"C Newlin" wrote
Well, my concern is that the site is listed on a webring as a *rescue*

site.

She does have a rescue page, but that end of things seemed less emphasized.

Old July 28th 03, 09:15 AM
C Newlin

Yeah...really not the "primary goal" of rescue and adoption that the ring
requires right?
I guess since I'm a ring member (and acutually the ring *founder), I'm not
really comfy with this site representing rescue.
But its so ambigous that I felt I needed some input. Also wasn't sure about
things like Pied coloring and the like...
Some of the dogs sort of have a JRT look to them, but I'm not a Dachshund
person, so wasn't sure...

Thanks for the input!

--
C Newlin, Mercer, Mo!
free Webspace and Email for rescues:
http://www.box49.com/rescue
FAYEvision...live nude boxers
http://www.box49.com/fayevision

"C Newlin" wrote

Old July 28th 03, 11:07 AM
Chris Jung

"C Newlin" wrote in message
Yeah...really not the "primary goal" of rescue and adoption that the ring
requires right?
I guess since I'm a ring member (and acutually the ring *founder), I'm not
really comfy with this site representing rescue.
But its so ambigous that I felt I needed some input. Also wasn't sure

about
things like Pied coloring and the like...
Some of the dogs sort of have a JRT look to them, but I'm not a Dachshund
person, so wasn't sure...

Thanks for the input!

Well Dachies are permitted to be any color. I just double checked the
standard and yes even Isabella is there (I think this breeder was calling
that cream but I might be mistaken). I didn't see much about health
testing - or at least no health testing info beside each breeding dog entry.
For someone who says they breed for show, they should have their sires and
dams in show pose in order to see conformation and some sort of outside
evaluation. As for rescue, I think I see some lip service about it but IMHO
this is a for sale site.

BTW, I despise the graphics, stupid floating hearts, roses & stars and the
way each page opens and closes. All this kind of cutesy-gimmicky stuff just
sets my teeth on edge. Whoever designed this web page has earn him/her self
a special place in computer graphics hell.

Chris and her smoothies (Bode went home and Pablo is depressed. Time to look
for a new collie pup but that's for another post at another time)
Zeffie & Pablo (sniff, I miss that little twerp)

Old July 29th 03, 06:03 PM
Jenifer

"Tara O." wrote in message ...
"Jenifer" wrote in message
om...

Four litters on the ground in four weeks? **ALARM BELLS** I have
issues with that... Non-refundable deposit, unless something happens
to the puppy before it leaves the breeder's house? That makes me
nervous...

I must not have read the site very well then. I didn't see anything about 4
litters on the ground. I thought she had too many Dachshunds but then I
know Boxer breeders who have alot of Boxers, they just don't breed them all
or breed them every year.

On the Puppy Room Update page
(http://www.dufoursdachshunds.net/PUPPIES-PAGE.html), she has pictures
and info about all the puppies she has. One litter was born on 6/22,
one on 6/24, one on 7/1, and one on 7/3. Three of the litters had the
same sire... I guess he was busy that week!

~~Jenifer (owned by a muddy, hedgehog amputating Samoyed)