Bichon Frise that BITES!

Old June 2nd 17, 03:08 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
[email protected]

Default Bichon Frise that BITES!

On Saturday, 6 April 1996 01:00:00 UTC-7, James Blake Jones wrote:
We got our Bichon Frise at the Humane Society. Big mistake! It bites
the hand that feeds it. I can't believe we named it Einstein.
We have tried everything. We sprayed him with water. We sprayed him
with Bitter Apple. We shook him by the scruff of his neck. We even
hired a dog psychiatrist. He still bites.We even tried Prozac.
HELP!!!!!!!
He's a two year old neutered male. Even though he only weighs 12
pounds, his bite hurts. Any ideas? He bites only his owners. He bites
when he is crossed or groomed. We don't want to send Einstein back to
the pound. What can we do?

We got our Bishion Fris at the human society as well, our little male is 2 yrs old and neutered . We have had him for just over a year. my issue is i run a home daycare and he is amazing with all the kids they could seriously pull his ears poke his eyes and he would just kiss them. but adults he is scared to death of!!! he barks like hes defending us from serious danger and i do believe he would bite if i wasnt in the room!!! I seriously hope this behavior dosent last forever!
Old December 31st 17, 03:49 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
[email protected]

It's very hard to dominate these dogs they love to bite you and they play and they're very obnoxious about it and they don't quit but they're just having a good time for the most part. Stopping them a tricky business you do have to outsmart the dog things that will normally work and scare the dog they don't work after a couple of days. Eventually the dog learns the can with the pennies in it is harmless. The squirt gun becomes a joke Etc. If I learned one thing about bichon frise it's they are completely dedicated to wanting to please you. Hopefully you're taller than your dog and I would recommend standing up when he starts biting you and don't let him do it anymore.. You should not be at his level and if you are that's game on Play Time. And I agree with the other poster all the beatings and shaking in the world are just going to get him more riled up thinking it's a big game. Refuse to get on his level and if he doesn't see you in the bedroom or an in for situations pick him up and throw him out of the room. He'll learn quickly if he wants to be in the room with you you better not be biting you. They learn fast during that you'll have it solved in a couple of days I'm pretty sure.. Best dogs in the world by far
Old March 31st 18, 09:43 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
cshenk

wrote:

[...]

Hi, I think this is one of the reasons why I keep to smaller (calmer)
dogs. I'm more the beagle/hound dog level. Bassetts suit me as well.

Bichon Frise Peter Eerden Dog breeds 0 February 16th 13 07:28 AM
plural of bichon frise gargler Dog breeds 4 October 22nd 05 10:24 PM
Bichon Frise Help homer227 Dog health 1 June 16th 05 05:19 PM
Looking for home for Bichon Frise pup starbucked Dog breeds 2 May 24th 05 05:47 AM
Bichon Frise? Bichon.ca Dog breeds 3 July 15th 03 04:19 PM