steam cleaners

Old July 8th 03, 07:58 PM
Suja

Default steam cleaners

Lee Newman wrote:

I was wondering, does anyone have any recommendations for rug
steam cleaners? I looked through the archives a bit and saw
that people seem to like the Hoovers better than the Bissells...
we have a Hoover Steamvac Deluxe 5-Brush Agitator we got about
5 years ago that never seemed to work that well to me, though.

I have a Hoover SpinScrub currently, and it does a really nice job of
cleaning up the carpet. I use Oxy-clean along with the cleaning
solution, and am pretty sure that it helps.

If there was a urine spot on the carpet, and we got it right
away with the steam cleaner -- once the area dried (which it
did, very quickly), it was visually obvious the spot was still
there (the smell was still there of course, too). I always end
up re-cleaning after steam cleaning -- hand-scrubbing the carpet
with Simple Solution and then re-saturating the area with another
coating of the stuff to try to neutralize leftover odor. That seems
to work the best -- but I keep hoping for a better steam cleaner,

This shouldn't be too hard. As soon as you spot the urine stain, use an
enzymatic cleanser like Nature's Miracle to take care of it. Soak the
spot thoroughly so that it doesn't leave a stain or a smell. I've
cleaned up pee and diarrhea stains with it, and it is a godsend. I
always end up spot cleaning with the steam cleaner, but that's more for
my peace of mind than anything else.

Suja
Old July 9th 03, 09:56 PM
Deb