The Pound Today

Old July 16th 03, 05:20 AM
nehmo sergheyev

Default The Pound Today

I had to go to the pound today. I was just doing some license paperwork,
but over here in Kansas City, Kansas you get your license at the pound.

Animal Control (913) 321 1445
3301 W Park
Kansas City, Kansas 66102

Map: http://www.ericseven.com?id=265

I asked if I could see the dogs. There weren't that many compared to
other places I've been. I'm guessing there were about twenty-four. As
soon as the door opened, they all came to life. They knew I could get
them out, and they knew they weren't in a good situation. Not one of
them was a vicious stray. They all had been pets or something like that.
Many of them were acting happy, but it was not a happy occasion.

One older female, like a setter maybe, quietly and politely pleaded with
me. She wasn't begging. She was just scared. She was very scared. It was
obvious. She was an older dog, and she wasn't used to this. Perhaps she
was a little sick. I couldn't even pet her. I felt like I was imposing
on the guard's time. I was about to break-down publicly. I left.

It costs $61 to bail out a female and $51 for a male. They come with a
coupon good for a spay or neuter and a rabies shot.

At this pound, a dog only has 3 to 5 days to live.

If you're in the Kansas City metro, and you've got a little extra space
and a few dollars, go down to the pound.

--
* Nehmo Sergheyev *