Peticure rotary nail groomer?

Old August 31st 08, 08:51 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.misc
Dave Garrett

Default Peticure rotary nail groomer?

Can anyone comment on the effectiveness, or lack thereof, of the
Peticure rotary nail grooming tool (http://peticure.com/)? A bit of
googling revealed that this is supposedly a better-built device than the
similarly-named copycat knock-offs which I seem to be getting spammed
about multiple times daily.

Our GSD absolutely hates to have her nails trimmed, and I'm wondering if
this tool is a decent alternative to a standard nail clipper, or just a
cheap gimmick.

Dave

Old September 2nd 08, 04:48 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.misc
Mike S.[_2_]

In article ,
Dave Garrett wrote:
Can anyone comment on the effectiveness, or lack thereof, of the
Peticure rotary nail grooming tool (http://peticure.com/)? A bit of
googling revealed that this is supposedly a better-built device than the
similarly-named copycat knock-offs which I seem to be getting spammed
about multiple times daily.

Our GSD absolutely hates to have her nails trimmed, and I'm wondering if
this tool is a decent alternative to a standard nail clipper, or just a
cheap gimmick.

We don't have one, but perhaps this will be of use.

Our dog will allow us to stroke or massage his paws, but goes bonkers at
the hint of brushing them or clipping his nails. We looked around for
suggestions and came upon one which reocmmended using a Dremel tool with a
sanding wheel to file down the nails. A Dremel tool is a small electric
rotary tool which kinda looks like an engraver. It has various attachmens
for hobby work, including polishers, drills, cutters, and sanding drums.

Since I already own a couple of these, I tried it on our dog. It
definitely works, but it takes time and he gets just as fidgety as with
any other manipulation. Also, it is not foolproof as you still need to
watch how far you are going as you can sand right down to the quick and
cause pain/bleeding.

Why do I mention this? In the commercial, the dang thing sure looks like a
Dremel tool with sanding drum attached, encased in a clear plastic care.
YMMV.

Old September 6th 08, 03:49 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.misc
Susan H

"Dave Garrett" wrote in message
Can anyone comment on the effectiveness, or lack thereof, of the
Peticure rotary nail grooming tool (http://peticure.com/)? A bit of
googling revealed that this is supposedly a better-built device than the
similarly-named copycat knock-offs which I seem to be getting spammed
about multiple times daily.

Our GSD absolutely hates to have her nails trimmed, and I'm wondering if
this tool is a decent alternative to a standard nail clipper, or just a
cheap gimmick.

Dave

We bought the Peticure for our dogs. My dogs fight me terrilbe when it
comes to nails. The peticure site has tips and tricks on what to do to make
the dog more comfortable. We are still in that phase of making the dog
comfy with it. What we have learned from others is and what we have found
out for ourselves is that it is basically a dremel with a protective
covering. You do want that covering. The plug in, which is more expensive,
is more durable and a better investment than the light weight battery
operated. I do not regret the investment, it is a dressed up dremel, the
larger one is quieter and again more durable.
JMHO and experience,
Best wishes,
Susan