congestive heart failure

Old January 19th 05, 10:17 PM
Elana

Default congestive heart failure

Hi,

I recently took my part Husky 3 yr. old dog to see the Vet because she
appeared sickly and would not eat.

After listening with the stethoscope she came up with the diagnosis of
congestive heart failure. I noticed that she asked me several times
about the dog coughing and I assured her that the dog has never coughed.

In fact she sleeps right beside my bed at night and breathes completely
inaudibly all night long. So according to the Vet she has completely
congested lungs, yet according to my observations she doesn't cough or
show signs of breathing difficulty. Therefore my question is: Is it
possible to have congestive heart failure and show no signs?

She prescribed Fortekor and Deltasone heart pills.

Thnks, Elana

Old January 20th 05, 12:41 AM
Spot

Congestive heart failure is usually noticeable with some of the symptoms
your vet asked you about. Before I would put the dog on any medication for
this I would ask for chest x-rays to rule out lung pneumonia. Heart
medication is strong stuff and can cause damage if taken when it's not
needed. Get a 2nd opinion!!!

Celeste