Barf Diet

Old October 31st 03, 02:42 AM
Supergoof

"HAIRY ASSHOLE" wrote ...

Feed the dog a balanced dog food like Canidae or Natural Balance and
your dog will have great teeth. Plus, they will not barf.

She's been on Nature's Recipe for most of her 11 years, and required regular
scaling under anasthetic to remove tartar and also had a few of her little
bottom front teeth out due to decay.

It was good for her IBD, but not for her teeth.

Since she's been getting raw meat and bones her teeth are beautifully clean
and her breath is also a wonder to behold! It's undetectable even to my
sensitive nose.

Rachel & Murphy
(New Zealand)

Old October 31st 03, 05:22 AM
Rene

"Steve Crane" wrote in message
om...
"Rene" wrote in message

........It's called Maxiguard and is manufactured by Addison

Biological
Laboratory. Ingredients are Deionized water, zinc, gluconate,

ascorbic
acid, methylcellulose, taurine, methylparaben, propylparaben, F D & C

Blue
No 1 and may also contain zinc sulfate. Available through licensed
veterinarians.

buglady
take out the dog before replying

But does it work? Many people on this ng argue against enzymes being

able
to do anything such as keeping teeth and gums healthy and clean.

René

Rene, Maxi guard is not an enzymatic product. The zinc and gluconate
are the primary active ingredients.

Sorry, supergoof called it an enzymatic tooth cleaner.

So, are you saying it works? It would be great if a product like this
actually works. I was looking at the ingredients in the Biotene mouth rinse
I use (on myself) and I believe it is somewhat the same. My teeth do feel
cleaner after using it.

René

Old November 7th 03, 05:06 AM
Supergoof

"Rene" wrote ...
"Steve Crane" wrote
Rene, Maxi guard is not an enzymatic product. The zinc and gluconate
are the primary active ingredients.

Sorry, supergoof called it an enzymatic tooth cleaner.

So, are you saying it works? It would be great if a product like this
actually works. I was looking at the ingredients in the Biotene mouth

rinse
I use (on myself) and I believe it is somewhat the same. My teeth do feel
cleaner after using it.

The vet recommended it to us as a preventative - it won't remove existing
tartar, but it will prevent further buildup.

You can rub it on with a soft cloth or just squirt it along the teeth and it
is supposed to work just as well.

We've decided to try and use it daily, so in a few months I might be able to
answer the question better!

)

cheers
Rachel
(New Zealand)

Old November 10th 03, 03:25 AM
Supergoof

"Supergoof" wrote ...
"Rene" wrote ...
"Steve Crane" wrote
Rene, Maxi guard is not an enzymatic product. The zinc and gluconate
are the primary active ingredients.

Sorry, supergoof called it an enzymatic tooth cleaner.

I read the bottle at the weekend, and it's definitely maxi-guard. Not sure
if it's enzymatic, but it works "with or without rubbing"

cheers
Rachel & Murphy
(New Zealand)

Old November 10th 03, 03:25 AM
Supergoof

"Supergoof" wrote ...
"Rene" wrote ...
"Steve Crane" wrote

Old November 11th 03, 12:52 AM
Rene

"Supergoof" wrote in message
"Supergoof" wrote ...
"Rene" wrote ...
"Steve Crane" wrote
Rene, Maxi guard is not an enzymatic product. The zinc and

gluconate
are the primary active ingredients.

Sorry, supergoof called it an enzymatic tooth cleaner.

I read the bottle at the weekend, and it's definitely maxi-guard. Not sure
if it's enzymatic, but it works "with or without rubbing"

cheers
Rachel & Murphy
(New Zealand)

Thank you!