Rut Ro

Old December 4th 06, 10:24 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
ceb

Default Rut Ro

montana wildhack wrote in

On 2006-12-04 15:39:34 -0500, diddy said:

I thought NEO wasn't liking her puppies.
I would absolutely NOT allow Bella in the office.

No, Neo is a brilliant mother as far as I can tell. She did go on alert
when Bella came in, so we didn't let Bella stay, but they mom & pups
are also in a huge crate with the door closed.

We took Neo out to wipe her off and see if she needed to potty. While
doing that, DH changed the towels in the crate. Neo heard those babies
and it was all I could do to keep her away.

I have to say, this has been the most fascinating thread EVER.

Congratulations on the pups! I know it will be hard, but you will also
laugh a lot.

--
Catherine
& Zoe the cockerchow
Old December 4th 06, 10:33 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
sighthounds & siberians

diddy wrote:
in thread : diddy
whittled the following words:

Time for obligatory pictures

I agree. As long as Neo and the pups took the decision out of your
hands, you might as well take pictures and let us all ooh and aah over
the babies. Then we can start playing guess the breeds...

Mustang Sally

Old December 4th 06, 11:01 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
Tara

montana wildhack wrote in

Boy, howdy!

I'm hoping 6 is the last one. They're all wiggling and squeeking. I
don't think she was feeding before she was through giving birth. Seems
like she may be done.

I'm so glad all the little ones got out alright and that everyone seems
well and happy.

What a good mom & a clever girl!

Indeed!

Tara
Old December 4th 06, 11:11 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
peejoe

On 2006-12-04 15:39:34 -0500, diddy said:

I thought NEO wasn't liking her puppies.
I would absolutely NOT allow Bella in the office.

No, Neo is a brilliant mother as far as I can tell. She did go on alert
when Bella came in, so we didn't let Bella stay, but they mom & pups
are also in a huge crate with the door closed.

We took Neo out to wipe her off and see if she needed to potty. While
doing that, DH changed the towels in the crate. Neo heard those babies
and it was all I could do to keep her away.

Wow... shocker fer sure. The "awww, Puppies!" part of me is quite
jealous of you right now. It's gonna be fun, I think... or at least a
great adventure type a deal.

By the way, I've been lurking around quietly for the last forever... so
belatedly I say congrats on Neo... she is gorgeous. Her fluffybutted-ness
is very Loki like.

-Jenn

Old December 4th 06, 11:55 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
Tara

montana wildhack wrote in

On 2006-12-04 17:11:36 -0500, "peejoe" said:

Her fluffybutted-ness is very Loki like.

I think it was Mustang Sally that made me think twice about how fluffy
hides everything! (as in "Note to Self")

I've heard of carrying one's pregnancy low, but on one's ass?

Heh heh

Tara
Old December 5th 06, 12:31 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
Janet B

On Mon, 4 Dec 2006 18:27:31 -0500, montana wildhack
, clicked their heels and said:

Thank you so much to everyone who was here today. It really helped me
to calm down.

http://tinyurl.com/ympsa2

This should take you to the end of the album, where there are perfectly
awful photos!

We expect we'll get better ones! ;-D I was gone all day, started to
read the DH decisions and wham - puppies! Congratulations on what is
sure to be an adventure. Sometimes life throws us some interesting
curve balls.

--
Janet Boss
Old December 5th 06, 12:56 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
Paula

wrote:

Thank you so much to everyone who was here today. It really helped me
to calm down.

http://tinyurl.com/ympsa2

This should take you to the end of the album, where there are perfectly
awful photos!

They don't look premature. Hopefully, they won't take a lot of extra
care. Neo doesn't seem to be all in to the miracle of birth. She
seems to be searching for the miracle of a nap and I don't blame her.
I'm glad she is a good mom and is also so good with you. That will
makes things a lot easier. I think they are going to end up being
really cute, which will definitely make it easier. It's a puppy
survival thing, no doubt!

--
Paula
"Anyway, other people are weird, but sometimes they have candy,
Old December 5th 06, 01:40 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
Suja

"montana wildhack" wrote in message:

I had to go buy puppy food for the new mom and ran into a woman who is
on a board I'm on. She fosters puppies for the APL and said that she
would see if they can help us place the puppies if we need help (which
we will).

Yay! I was going to say that you might want to start contacting local
all-breed rescues to see how they can help with placement. Most of the ones
in this area will at least allow you a courtesy listing, and several will
also use their vetting process for potential adopters prior to placement.
If these guys work anything like we do, there may in fact be a list of
approved people waiting for dogs that fit a particular description,
including puppies.

She seemed to think that they might waive a placement fee due to
exigent circumstances (particularly after I affirmend that we're
keeping the mom).

I'd certainly hope so.

Suja

Old December 5th 06, 02:29 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
MauiJNP

I have to say, this has been the most fascinating thread EVER.

and the most enjoyable.

Congratulations on the pups! I know it will be hard, but you will also
laugh a lot.

breathe in some puppy cuteness for me

and yes, we need pictures!

Old December 5th 06, 02:32 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
MauiJNP

Thank you so much to everyone who was here today. It really helped me to
calm down.

http://tinyurl.com/ympsa2

This should take you to the end of the album, where there are perfectly
awful photos!

that's a good start (hint hint).

very cute, and good momma too