Raw Vegan dog food

Old December 19th 08, 03:02 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health

Default Raw Vegan dog food

Gary wrote in
:

If people can buy meat for themselves, why not for their dog?

I don't, actually, but thanks for asking.

And don't say its about money.

Partially. Meat is expensive. Lentils and rice? Not so much.

Remove coffee, tobacco, alcohol, snack foods, pop, etc and
your health will skyrocket.

Health will skyrocket? What does that *mean*? I think you and Chard
should get a room, as you have so very, very, very much to talk
about.

The good thing is that a dog eats far less when the meal
isn't almost all filler.

That's why it's best to feed a good quality kibble.

Don't think for a second that a meat byproduct is actually meat.

What do you think chicken necks, "beef trim" (whatever that is), and
organs are?

--
Shelly
Old December 19th 08, 03:05 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health

Gary wrote in news:gary-4798BF.04230919122008
@shawnews.wp.shawcable.net:

Do you pay someone to change your light bulbs when they burn out
at home?

Actually, I do ask maintenance to come change some of them for me,
since I cannot reach them. HTH!

The real problem here is most pet owners don't know what
kind of food to put in their own mouths.

I do, actually. It's something I pay attention to, as I think it's
important. It's only one piece of the health puzzle, though.

--
Shelly
Old December 19th 08, 03:22 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
Judy

"Shelly" wrote in message
09...
Gary wrote in
:

Don't think for a second that a meat byproduct is actually meat.

What do you think chicken necks, "beef trim" (whatever that is), and
organs are?

Also don't think for a second that people - humans! - don't actually eat
that stuff too. And consider it "meat"..

I have a friend who grabs up the pigs feet (*) every time she sees it in the
grocery store because SHE has a friend who can't find them nearly often
enough for his liking!

(*) pig feet, pig's feet, pig foot, pigs' feet. Why do none of those
phrases look right to me this morning?

Judy

Old December 19th 08, 03:24 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
diddy[_2_]

Shelly spoke these words of wisdom in
09:

Health will skyrocket? What does that *mean*? I think you and Chard
should get a room, as you have so very, very, very much to talk
about.

Yes but Chard promotes Meat. I thought the same thing, and wondered at first
if this was a sock puppet for Chard. But the vegan dogs thing is
fundamentally different from Chard's pov
Old December 19th 08, 03:26 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
chardonnay9

Shelly wrote:
Gary wrote in
:

If people can buy meat for themselves, why not for their dog?

I don't, actually, but thanks for asking.

And don't say its about money.

Partially. Meat is expensive. Lentils and rice? Not so much.

Remove coffee, tobacco, alcohol, snack foods, pop, etc and
your health will skyrocket.

Health will skyrocket? What does that *mean*? I think you and Chard
should get a room, as you have so very, very, very much to talk
about.

The good thing is that a dog eats far less when the meal
isn't almost all filler.

That's why it's best to feed a good quality kibble.

Don't think for a second that a meat byproduct is actually meat.

What do you think chicken necks, "beef trim" (whatever that is), and
organs are?

If a pet food lists "meat by-products" on the label, remember that this
is the material that usually comes from the slaughterhouse industry or
dead stock removal operations, classified as condemned or contaminated,
unfit for human consumption. Meat meal, meat and bone meal, digests, and
tankage (specifically animal tissue including bones and exclusive of
hair, hoofs, horns, and contents of digestive tract) are composed of
rendered material. The label need not state what the composition of this
material is, as each batch rendered would consist of a different
material. These are the sources of protein that we are feeding our
companion animals.
Old December 19th 08, 03:33 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health

In article ,
chardonnay9 wrote:
If a pet food lists "meat by-products" on the label, remember that this
is the material that usually comes from the slaughterhouse industry or
dead stock removal operations, classified as condemned or contaminated,

That is incorrect.

Meat meal, meat and bone meal, digests, and
tankage (specifically animal tissue including bones and exclusive of
hair, hoofs, horns, and contents of digestive tract) are composed of
rendered material.

That is *so* incorrect.

Old December 19th 08, 04:29 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health

diddy none wrote in
:

Yes but Chard promotes Meat. I thought the same thing, and
wondered at first if this was a sock puppet for Chard. But the
vegan dogs thing is fundamentally different from Chard's pov

Except that Mr. Vegan Dogs was recommending meat byproducts, which is
just plain weird.

--
Shelly
Old December 19th 08, 04:29 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health

chardonnay9 wrote in
m:

If a pet food lists "meat by-products" on the label,

Mine does not.

--
Shelly
Old December 19th 08, 04:31 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health

"Judy" wrote in
:

Also don't think for a second that people - humans! - don't
actually eat that stuff too. And consider it "meat"..

Absolutely.

(*) pig feet, pig's feet, pig foot, pigs' feet. Why do none of
those phrases look right to me this morning?

Trotters. HTH!

--
Shelly
Old December 19th 08, 04:34 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
Judy

"Shelly" wrote in message
09...

(*) pig feet, pig's feet, pig foot, pigs' feet. Why do none of
those phrases look right to me this morning?

Trotters. HTH!

Okay, that takes care of the feet/foot thing.

But what about the pig part? (Since other animals also have trotters, I
think.)

Should the "pig" word be possessive, plural or is it just descriptive?

I need coffee. Or maybe I should start right in on the limoncello batch
that I'm filtering today.

Judy