Dogs dogs dogs

Old April 8th 09, 11:43 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health

Default Dogs dogs dogs

In article ,
Suja wrote:
Khan has never tried to eat anything he's killed. They always get buried,

Mine usually eat them but sometimes don't, and when they
don't they carry them around. Jack was carrying around a
badly-gummed rat carcass the other morning and at first I
assumed he killed it himself but on further reflection I
think that someone else killed it and he decided that it was
a Valuable Object. They generally won't eat rats. Rabbits
and groundhogs, yes, but rats and possums, no. Fortunately
I do not know what they'd do with a skunk, and I am very
very grateful for that.

Old April 9th 09, 12:25 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
Paul E. Schoen

"Janet Boss" wrote in message

I had a rescue puppy who tried to bury bones in my hardwood floors. NOT
a good idea! I think that some dogs are just hoarders and others are
instant gratification types. My current 3 are much too interested in
consuming things to bother with burying. My first dog used to save his
milkbone that he got when I left for work, until I came home. As soon
as I arrived, he'd bring it to me and eat it. I think "only" dogs are
the only ones to even try that.

Muttley usually does that with his rawhide chews and any leftover kibble in
his bowl. I think he even avoids drinking water until I get back home.
Maybe he knows that he might be there a while and wants to avoid having an
"accident" as he did once when I fed him some canned food and then
immediately left for eight hours or more. He left his puddle and pile just
inside the door where I would see them, and he really let loose when I let
him out. We both learned from that experience.

Muttley has never buried anything that I know of, but he has unearthed some
things. And he has done some impressive excavations to make cool places for
him to take "dirt naps".

Paul and Muttley

Old April 11th 09, 07:06 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
~shady angel~[_3_]

wrote in message
I do not care what Melinda or anyone else thinks. Today's economy has
hurt everyone. I built my lens to promote sites that offer free
advice, plans, training techniques, pics etc. to all the dog lovers
out there. And yes, I am a dog lover, and to the person that thinks
my dog's Lance and Sampson arent real...FU! They were a big part of
my family, and the pain is still raw! If you were true dog lover's,
you wouldnt be so insensitive. And Melinda, apparently after reading
numerous posts, your only reason for being here is to flame people.
Why are you in a dog website? Why not just go to craigslist's rant
and rave, you will fit in perfectly there!

She has helped meny people. including myself You are wrong!

Old April 11th 09, 07:15 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
~shady angel~[_3_]

"Melinda Shore" wrote in message
Janet Boss wrote:
I think that some dogs are just hoarders and others are
instant gratification types.

I think that's a good distinction. The only time any of my
dogs has buried anything, to my knowledge, was when Emmett
buried a big icicle I'd given him. I don't know if he ever
tried to go back for it.

But they've got excavation projects all over the yard.
Mowing is going to be interesting this year.

So you dont punish this digging behaviuor?

Old April 11th 09, 11:51 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health

In article ,
~shady angel~ wrote:
So you dont punish this digging behaviuor?

What? Why would I?

Old April 11th 09, 12:50 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
diddy[_2_]

"~shady angel~" spoke these words of wisdom in
:

But they've got excavation projects all over the yard.

So you dont punish this digging behaviuor?

WHY? the yard belongs to THEM!
Old April 11th 09, 12:55 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
Janet Boss

In article , diddy none
wrote:

"~shady angel~" spoke these words of wisdom in
:

But they've got excavation projects all over the yard.

So you dont punish this digging behaviuor?

WHY? the yard belongs to THEM!

For my yard, I won't got THAT far! OTOH, holes can be dangerous as well
as unsightly, so anything that may happen (pretty rare and always trying
to get at a critter) gets fixed without much fanfare. Just as happy
that I don't have breeds who live to dig holes. Of course, dogs aren't
left out to be bored either.

--
Janet Boss
Old April 11th 09, 01:08 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
Janet Boss

In article ,
Janet Boss wrote:

Of course, dogs aren't
left out to be bored either.

Just to be clear - I'm not saying that either Melinda or Diddy to this
either.

--
Janet Boss
Old April 11th 09, 01:09 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
Janet Boss

In article ,
Janet Boss wrote:

to this

~~~

or even DO this. Too early, rain in the brain.

--
Janet Boss
Old April 11th 09, 01:14 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health

In article ,
Janet Boss wrote:
For my yard, I won't got THAT far! OTOH, holes can be dangerous as well
as unsightly, so anything that may happen (pretty rare and always trying
to get at a critter) gets fixed without much fanfare.

I have a fair amount of land and the section that's fenced
off belongs to the dogs. I'm happy to let them dig - they
love it and pretty much no other humans, besides me, go
inside the fence. But yeah - one time last year I
accidentally put one wheel on the lawn tractor into a husky
hole and had to tow it out with the quad because the hole
was so deep the tractor was resting on its frame.