Bichon Frise Help

Old June 16th 05, 03:48 AM
homer227 homer227 is offline
Junior Member

Default Bichon Frise Help

I have a small bichon frise and she is 16 years old, now I know that the small dogs probably only last around this age but she doesn't act old. She has had some joint problems before, and sometimes she limps and can't always jump up on things or go up or down the stairs without help. But today she was fine like usual, nothing was out of the ordinary. Until for dinner we had hamburgers and sometimes we give her some of them. So we did and it wasn't much just a little bit, but it did have some cooked onions on it, I tried to get them all off but I think their were still some in it. Well a few hours later, as in maybe 2 hours later, she is having walking problems. She cannot stand up on her hind legs, and she cannot walk. She tries to do this swaying motion to stand up but she can't. It's not like she is in pain and she still has motion in her feet, when I tickle her feet she still moves them, and if I stand her up sometimes she can keep her balance but if she tries to walk she sits back down. Now she didn't hurt her self on anything this just happened after dinner, and I was wondering if maybe it could just be discomforting gas? I'm not sure but I’m really worried as of how this could have just came on.
Any advice would help
Thanks guys

Kelly
Old June 16th 05, 05:19 PM

on 2005-06-16 at 02:48 wrote:

Any advice would help

take her to the vet ASAP. seriously. there could be any
number of things wrong with your dog--some of them requiring
emergency treatment--and there's no way for anyone here, even
if they were vets, to diagnose your dog without seeing her in
person.

http://home.bluemarble.net/~scouvrette
http://cat-sidh.blogspot.com/
http://letters-to-esther.blogspot.com/ (updated 4/3/05)