Canadian Agility Nationals

Old August 22nd 06, 12:02 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.activities,rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Rocky

Default Canadian Agility Nationals

Just got back from a wonderful 11 days away, judging on
Vancouver Island, visiting family, and then competing with
Friday in the AAC Nationals in Burnaby BC. I had more trouble
than I thought finding wireless connections with the new
laptop, but was able to leech off mom's neighbours' to keep up
with things here a bit.

This was our best Nationals yet - Friday and I ran clean and
fast on both jumpers rounds and on both Standard rounds -
something that very few teams did. Just so that I didn't get
a big head, we blew both gamblers rounds, dropping us to 26th
out of the 77 dogs in our class. Looking at the names above
us, though, I'm really proud to be 26.

Friday handled the plane rides well, though he didn't like the
1.5 hour ferry ride from Victoria to Vancouver. Plus, he
slept in 3 different houses and didn't have his best buddy,
Rocky, for company.

Glad to be home.

Old August 22nd 06, 12:37 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.activities,rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Show Dog Bark

Rocky wrote:
snip
[...]

Sorry I could not make it. I remember you inviting me to come a few
months ago.
It sounds like an adventure. I think that friday coming in at 26 is
great.
I know about dogs not liking plane rides. Sometimes it is easier on
them then driving so it is always a toss up.
I know what you mean about wireless computers, they can be a problem to
connect with while traveling. I have a Power Mac G4 laptop and it is
handy to have when I travel. I never thought I could get used to a
laptop, but after using one for 8 months now, I can not see how I did
without it.
I bet you are glad to be home. I always find that my own bed and pillow
is what I miss the most. Home sweet home. There is nothing like it.
Perhaps if you have some time you may like to look at the photos I
posted of Blue. I remember you posting that you also have a Border
Collie. He is growing so fast that he looks like a little horse. He is
going to be a large dog as his legs are long and he has big feet. Cute
cute cute. There is nothing like a puppy to melt one's heart.
Maybe another time if you are going to a dog show not too far from the
Kootenays I will drop in and you can see Blue.

Show Dog Bark

Old August 22nd 06, 01:15 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.activities,rec.pets.dogs.behavior
[email protected]

In rec.pets.dogs.activities Rocky wrote:
This was our best Nationals yet - Friday and I ran clean and
fast on both jumpers rounds and on both Standard rounds -
something that very few teams did.

Yay! Wonderful!

Just so that I didn't get
a big head, we blew both gamblers rounds, dropping us to 26th
out of the 77 dogs in our class. Looking at the names above
us, though, I'm really proud to be 26.

I agree. Good to hear all went well, even if with a glitch or two. Well
done.

--
Diane Blackman
There is no moral victory in proclaiming to abhor violence
Old August 22nd 06, 03:07 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.activities,rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Robin Nuttall

Rocky wrote:

This was our best Nationals yet - Friday and I ran clean and
fast on both jumpers rounds and on both Standard rounds -
something that very few teams did.

Wow! Congratulations! It's hard to perform well at big events. Sounds
like you did great.

Just so that I didn't get
a big head, we blew both gamblers rounds, dropping us to 26th
out of the 77 dogs in our class. Looking at the names above
us, though, I'm really proud to be 26.

Yeah, I think Stacy's Able won the 24" or 26" class--so you definitely
had big-name competition. Congrats for doing so well!

Friday handled the plane rides well, though he didn't like the
1.5 hour ferry ride from Victoria to Vancouver. Plus, he
slept in 3 different houses and didn't have his best buddy,
Rocky, for company.

Glad to be home.

Home is always best.
Old August 22nd 06, 04:20 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.activities,rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Rocky

Robin Nuttall said in
rec.pets.dogs.behavior:

Looking at the names above us,
though, I'm really proud to be 26.

Yeah, I think Stacy's Able won the 24" or 26" class--so you
definitely had big-name competition. Congrats for doing so
well!

Thanks!

Stacy competed in the Alberta regionals to qualify for the
Nationals. She's a very nice lady and her dogs are oh-so-
cool. She probably doesn't know me from Adam, though I've
talked with her a few times. She was first in 26" with Able
with some serious Kelpie competition.

We were only a few points behind her Rumor in 22", but Stacy's
bad day with a new dog is very similar to my best day with an
experienced Friday.

Old August 22nd 06, 03:27 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.activities,rec.pets.dogs.behavior

Rocky wrote:

This was our best Nationals yet - Friday and I ran clean and
fast on both jumpers rounds and on both Standard rounds -
something that very few teams did. Just so that I didn't get
a big head, we blew both gamblers rounds, dropping us to 26th
out of the 77 dogs in our class. Looking at the names above
us, though, I'm really proud to be 26.

Congratulations! It sounds like a good time was had by all.

Friday handled the plane rides well, though he didn't like the
1.5 hour ferry ride from Victoria to Vancouver.

I can't blame him. I don't think I'd enjoy that very much, either.

--
Shelly (Warning: see label for details)
Old August 22nd 06, 03:36 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.activities,rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Marcel Beaudoin

Rocky wrote in
:

This was our best Nationals yet - Friday and I ran clean and
fast on both jumpers rounds and on both Standard rounds -
something that very few teams did.

YAYYY!!!

--
Marcel and Moogli
http://mudbunny.blogspot.com/
Old August 22nd 06, 04:24 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.activities,rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Rocky

Terri said in rec.pets.dogs.activities:

Friday handled the plane rides well, though he didn't like
the 1.5 hour ferry ride from Victoria to Vancouver.

Was it the deck movement? Champ never could get comfortable
with docks and the feel of them moving under his feet. He
used to crouch down when he traversed them, his belly about
an inch from the deck.

These are large ferries (many have a Starbucks, heh); over 500'
long and 400 plus cars - Friday never left the car. I think his
nervousness was from the cavernous echo in the car decks:
announcements, horns, tour buses, and the like.

Old August 22nd 06, 04:27 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.activities,rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Rocky

shelly said in rec.pets.dogs.activities:

It sounds like a good time was had by all.

That's why I think we did well - I had zero pretensions of doing
well so went into it relaxed and ready to have a very good time.