strange dog behavior

Old January 13th 05, 06:08 AM

Default strange dog behavior

My dog has been acting very strangely for the past 2 weeks. Ever since
we came home from spending 2 weeks at my parents' house, she has
started having accidents in the house again (after a long period of no
wetting). She is about to be a year old. When we come home, she'll
immediately put her tail between her legs and hide under a bed.
Whenever we scold her for doing anything wrong now, she'll just put her
tail between her legs and pee. She seems very depressed. I would love
some advice or info; I want my spunky dog back! Thanks.
Laura

Old January 13th 05, 11:09 AM
Alison

wrote in message
oups.com...
My dog has been acting very strangely for the past 2 weeks. Ever

since
we came home from spending 2 weeks at my parents' house, she has
started having accidents in the house again (after a long period of

no
wetting). She is about to be a year old. When we come home, she'll
immediately put her tail between her legs and hide under a bed.
Whenever we scold her for doing anything wrong now, she'll just put

her
tail between her legs and pee. She seems very depressed. I would

love
some advice or info; I want my spunky dog back! Thanks.
Laura

Your dog is hiding from you because she anticipates you are going
to scold her and is anxious and wants to avoid you. That's not acting
strange, that is natural. She must be one very uphappy dog. Please
stop scolding her.
Alison

Old January 13th 05, 10:00 PM
Margaret

Has the vet checked her for urinary infection or similar problems?

On Thu, 13 Jan 2005 10:09:11 -0000, Alison wrote:

wrote in message
oups.com...
My dog has been acting very strangely for the past 2 weeks. Ever
since we came home from spending 2 weeks at my parents' house,

Did she go with you, or was someone else caring for her? Did something go
wrong that upset her? Peeing can be caused by stress. What else is she doing
wrong? Anything new?

she has started having accidents in the house again (after a long period

of no wetting). She is about to be a year old. When we come home, she'll
immediately put her tail between her legs and hide under a bed.
Whenever we scold her for doing anything wrong now,
she'll just put her tail between her legs and pee.

That can be a submission gesture -- a dog's way of saying "Yes, sir" when
she's scolded.

She seems very depressed. I would

love some advice or info; I want my spunky dog back! Thanks.

Your dog is hiding from you because she anticipates you are going
to scold her and is anxious and wants to avoid you. That's not acting
strange, that is natural. She must be one very uphappy dog. Please
stop scolding her.

That sounds like a good first step! All the scolding must be increasing the
stress.

Margaret
Old January 14th 05, 10:07 AM
Kathi Stein

On 12 Jan 2005 21:08:46 -0800, "
wrote:

My dog has been acting very strangely for the past 2 weeks. Ever since
we came home from spending 2 weeks at my parents' house, she has
started having accidents in the house again (after a long period of no
wetting). She is about to be a year old. When we come home, she'll
immediately put her tail between her legs and hide under a bed.
Whenever we scold her for doing anything wrong now, she'll just put her
tail between her legs and pee. She seems very depressed. I would love
some advice or info; I want my spunky dog back! Thanks.
Laura

Did she have someone taking care of her? If so I'd be wondering how
they treated her. It sounds as if she was severly punished and
possibly hurt for accidents.

Just my 2cents' worth

Kathi