My GSD Died Today

Old March 20th 04, 05:04 AM
Intergate

Default My GSD Died Today

He was a companion, a friend, and the best GSD anyone could ask for. We
spent 10 long years together but it now seems so short.

Sure he was feeling a little slow the past few days but that has come and
gone. Today he sat and had lunch with me as usual.and now he is gone. It
came on way to quick. The trip to the vet could not save him.

The look in the poor fellows eyes as he was dying was heartbreaking, him
looking to me for comfort and help, and me knowing that no matter what,
there was nothing I could do to save him.

He fought it till the end, his weak heart giving up a beat every few seconds
then longer and longer until it would never beat again.

So long fella, the tears I cry tonight are for you. I miss you so much.

Take your dog and give him a big hug and cherish every moment you are
together.

May my "Fuzz" Rest in Peace

Old March 20th 04, 01:23 PM
House\O\Dogs

I am so sorry that you lost your dear friend.

Please visit the Rainbow Bridge section of our web site for some very
comforting essays. The site is www.shepherdrescue.org My favorite essay is
the one called "Living Love".

I will hug my own German Shepherds a little longer and harder than usual
tonight in honor of Fuzz.

Yours in GSDs and rescue,

Lea
Virginia German Shepherd Rescue

Old March 20th 04, 03:42 PM
Intergate

Thanks so much for the site.

It is really helping today

Old March 21st 04, 12:44 AM

When the ancient war dogs did battle on Fri, 19 Mar 2004 23:04:19
-0500, "Intergate" did speak the
following bit of wisdom:

May my "Fuzz" Rest in Peace

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Indeed! I am so terribly sorry for your loss. No matter how long they
live, they are with us for all too short a time. RIP Fuzz!

*~ *~ *~
Karen C.
Spammers be damned! I can't be emailed from this account! So there...

"You have no power here!
...Be gone! Before somebody drops a house on you too!"
Old March 26th 04, 03:52 PM
After L1F3

I LOVE dogs & animals in general. I currently have a
shepard and one morning I woke up to a really loud crash/bang downstairs. We
have HW floors. I didn't think anything of it until about 10 secs later it
happened again, I figured the dog was chasing one of our 3 cats and crashed
on the floor. So I get up, when I get down the stairs she is standing there
in the middle of the floor, shaking like a leaf and then she just let go and
did a face plant right in front of me. I was like what the hell is going on
with you? She is really healthy and that is TOTALLY out of character for
her. So I thought well maybe some fresh air will help. So i grabber her by
the colar (she was back on her feet by then) and started down the stairs to
the basement door. About 2 steps down, she crashed again and fell down the
other 11 steps head first. I was starting to freak out now and had to pick
her up to put her out the 3 steps to get outside and I put her on the ground
and she just fell face first into the dirt. She had dirt all over her
tongue. By then I was bawling. I tied her up and ran inside to call my wife
who was at work. I couldn't even contain my emotions and was sobbing
uncontrollably at this time. My wife thought I was a crank caller becuase I
couldnt' even speak. I said there is something wrong with our dog. She was
like shocked to hear me let go like that. I've NEVER ever been like that in
front of my wife for anything, ever. By the time I told her and said that I
was going to check on her, was maybe 4-5 mins. I figured I was going to step
outside and have to bury my friend, but to my surprise, she was FINE. It has
never happened again, and I hope it never does......

Just wanted to share my experience with all of you, I know exactly how you
feel....even though my friend made it, I didn't think for a second that she
would, my appologies to you and your loss....
I will give Nakita a long big hug tonight in memory of FUZZ.....

al

Old March 27th 04, 02:04 AM
Rick Hooker

The God of my undersdtanding would not give us these fabulous relationships
with these incrediable animals to take them from us. Fuzz WILL BE waiting in
heaven probally with a ball and some ears that need a good rubbing.
I am sorry for your temporary loss.