a horrible pet owner???

Old March 26th 07, 05:10 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.rescue
Thekeeper

Default a horrible pet owner???

i feel so guilty...
i started out a single woman, with one dog, a german shepherd that i
rescued from bad breeders. she was starving, and chained up, she was only
13 weeks old. bad hips, unloved and uncared for, i took her to the vet,
loved her and made her mine. then i found out i was ill, and may never
conceive, so we (my shepherd and i) volunteered for the humane society,
and rescued a mountain pyrinese/lab retriever mix who was nearly broken
when we found him. well, that was almost a year ago, and we still have
him. then i got married, to a man who had one dog. and one cat. now we
have a chihuaua, and two more cats, rescued. am i horrible for not
getting rid of them once i have made them better?
i had a "kennel" license of sorts when i was volunteering for the humane
society, but i'm no longer a volunteer, what should i do?

Old March 26th 07, 06:24 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.rescue
Michael A. Ball

On Sun, 25 Mar 2007 23:10:32 -0500, "Thekeeper"
wrote:

i feel so guilty... what should i do?

Surrender, give away or sell all of the animals you can't nurture and/or
provide vet care for.

_______________________________
Judge a man by his questions rather than by his answers.
- Voltaire
Old March 26th 07, 10:45 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.rescue
diddy

in thread
lkaboutpets.com:
"Thekeeper" whittled the following words:

i feel so guilty...
i started out a single woman, with one dog, a german shepherd that i
rescued from bad breeders. she was starving, and chained up, she was only
13 weeks old. bad hips, unloved and uncared for, i took her to the vet,
loved her and made her mine. then i found out i was ill, and may never
conceive, so we (my shepherd and i) volunteered for the humane society,
and rescued a mountain pyrinese/lab retriever mix who was nearly broken
when we found him. well, that was almost a year ago, and we still have
him. then i got married, to a man who had one dog. and one cat. now we
have a chihuaua, and two more cats, rescued. am i horrible for not
getting rid of them once i have made them better?
i had a "kennel" license of sorts when i was volunteering for the humane
society, but i'm no longer a volunteer, what should i do?

The way I read this, correct me if I'm wrong, you are worried about being
perceived as an animal collector?
or
you have more animals than you can legally keep?
Or you have more animals than you economically can keep?
Or you have more animals than you can physically keep?
Or your health issues are forcing you to get rid of them?
I'm sorry, but I can't wrap my brain around what is the problem here that
you are feeling guilty.
Old March 26th 07, 02:26 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.rescue
CDC

If you can provide them with love and the proper vet care, I don't see the
problem.

- Cindy

--
CDC

If you're going through hell, keep going
- Winston Churchill
lkaboutpets.com...

Old March 27th 07, 01:50 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.rescue
Spot

I feel the same as Cindy. As long as they are taken care of properly I
don't see an issue.

I have two dogs & 3 cats and as long as they are cared for I don't think
it's anyone's business but my own.

Celeste

t...

Horrible experience Lynda Dog behavior 0 September 17th 04 10:02 AM
Horrible experience Lynda Dog behavior 0 September 17th 04 10:02 AM
Horrible experience Lynda Dog behavior 0 September 17th 04 10:02 AM
Horrible accident Jdoee Dog behavior 9 January 21st 04 05:33 PM
Horrible accident Jdoee Dog behavior 0 January 21st 04 05:02 AM