Puggles

Old August 3rd 07, 08:26 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.breeds
diddy[_2_]

Default Puggles

Adorable name.. but oh not so adorable when they grow up!

http://search.petfinder.com/petnote/...?petid=8846031
Old August 3rd 07, 10:35 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.breeds
[email protected]

On Aug 3, 3:26 pm, diddy none wrote:
Adorable name.. but oh not so adorable when they grow up!

http://search.petfinder.com/petnote/...?petid=8846031

Agreed, not to mention if you get a howler...

Nick

Old August 4th 07, 01:34 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.breeds
Paul E. Schoen

wrote in message
ups.com...
On Aug 3, 3:26 pm, diddy none wrote:
Adorable name.. but oh not so adorable when they grow up!

http://search.petfinder.com/petnote/...?petid=8846031

Agreed, not to mention if you get a howler...

Nick

That's really not a great picture. If it is, then it is not very adorable.
It is very important to wait for the right moment for a good shot, or else
do something (such as with a treat or other distraction) to make it so.

Paul and Muttley and for now !Lucky

Old August 13th 07, 07:44 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.breeds
[email protected]

On Aug 3, 8:34 pm, "Paul E. Schoen" wrote:
wrote in message

ups.com...

On Aug 3, 3:26 pm, diddy none wrote:
Adorable name.. but oh not so adorable when they grow up!

http://search.petfinder.com/petnote/...?petid=8846031

Agreed, not to mention if you get a howler...

Nick

That's really not a great picture. If it is, then it is not very adorable.
It is very important to wait for the right moment for a good shot, or else
do something (such as with a treat or other distraction) to make it so.

Paul and Muttley and for now !Lucky

I do believe the point was that puggles are not adorable when they
reach adulthood like they are in the puppy stage when they are prime
for selling. Since neither of us took the picture, giving us advice
on how to properly take pictures of a dog is of no relevance.

Nick

Old August 14th 07, 07:41 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.breeds
Paul E. Schoen

wrote in message
oups.com...
On Aug 3, 8:34 pm, "Paul E. Schoen" wrote:
wrote in message

ups.com...

On Aug 3, 3:26 pm, diddy none wrote:
Adorable name.. but oh not so adorable when they grow up!

http://search.petfinder.com/petnote/...?petid=8846031

Agreed, not to mention if you get a howler...

Nick

That's really not a great picture. If it is, then it is not very
adorable.
It is very important to wait for the right moment for a good shot, or
else
do something (such as with a treat or other distraction) to make it so.

Paul and Muttley and for now !Lucky

I do believe the point was that puggles are not adorable when they
reach adulthood like they are in the puppy stage when they are prime
for selling. Since neither of us took the picture, giving us advice
on how to properly take pictures of a dog is of no relevance.

I have seen quite a few poorly taken photos posted on petfinder and other
sites, and I think it is a disservice to the dog. I don't claim to be a
pro, but I've taken some good photos, and know how to do basic editing to
make them attractive. Maybe I need to see a picture of an adult puggle to
understand the point.

Paul

Old August 14th 07, 10:37 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.breeds
[email protected]

On Aug 14, 2:41 am, "Paul E. Schoen" wrote:
wrote in message

oups.com...

On Aug 3, 8:34 pm, "Paul E. Schoen" wrote:
wrote in message

roups.com...

[...]

As I don't have any puggles to take pictures of to your exacting
photography standards, I can not help you out here. If you go to
http://images.google.com and search for puggle you will surely find
many pictures of puggles as puppies, which tend to be very cute. If
you keep looking through it though, you will find adult puggles as
well, which can be cute, but tend to be kind of ugly. I of course
can't complain about ugly dogs, as my mutt has a face that only I
would love, but as many puggle pups are bought on the line of "aren't
they cute", it's a shame they don't typically turn out that way, at
least in my eyes.

Nick

Old August 15th 07, 06:58 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.breeds
Paul E. Schoen

wrote in message
ps.com...
On Aug 14, 2:41 am, "Paul E. Schoen" wrote:
wrote in message

oups.com...

On Aug 3, 8:34 pm, "Paul E. Schoen" wrote:
wrote in message

roups.com...

[...]

http://www.dogbreedinfo.com/pugglephotos.htm

I didn't see any that looked all that ugly to me, even the older ones. But
then, I think bulldogs and boxers are kinda ugly. But true ugliness goes
much deeper than external appearances. And hopefully it is rare.

Paul, Handsome Muttley and the comely Miss Lucky

Old August 20th 07, 03:59 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.breeds
[email protected]

On Aug 15, 1:58 am, "Paul E. Schoen" wrote:
wrote in message

ps.com...

On Aug 14, 2:41 am, "Paul E. Schoen" wrote:
wrote in message

groups.com...

On Aug 3, 8:34 pm, "Paul E. Schoen" wrote:
wrote in message

roups.com...

[...]

Well, just an observation, but this is where multiple sources of
information comes in handy. You post one link to a website dedicated
to dog BREEDS, but yet they list mixed-breed puggles as a HYBRID
breed, which they are not. They are a mixed-breed. Magically all the
adult dogs and puppies on this website share a similar desired
appearance for a puggle breeding, but anyone who has the slightest
understanding of genetics (my understanding is only slight) will know
that when you mix two dog breeds you will not get a separate breed
that breeds true to the same appearance, but most likely a mix of both
breeds appearances and characteristics. And the particular mix you
get in each puppy or breeding is not going to be the same. So I call
the credibility of your link into question as it appears to promote
the designer mutt breeders' line that their "breeds" breed true.

Nick

Old August 20th 07, 04:07 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.breeds
diddy[_2_]

"
spoke these words of wisdom in
oups.com:

On Aug 3, 8:34 pm, "Paul E. Schoen" wrote:
wrote in message

ups.com...

On Aug 3, 3:26 pm, diddy none wrote:
Adorable name.. but oh not so adorable when they grow up!

http://search.petfinder.com/petnote/...?petid=8846031

Agreed, not to mention if you get a howler...

Nick

That's really not a great picture. If it is, then it is not very adorable.
It is very important to wait for the right moment for a good shot, or else
do something (such as with a treat or other distraction) to make it so.

Paul and Muttley and for now !Lucky

I do believe the point was that puggles are not adorable when they
reach adulthood like they are in the puppy stage when they are prime
for selling. Since neither of us took the picture, giving us advice
on how to properly take pictures of a dog is of no relevance.

Nick

Nick, You got the point. It seems paul failed to.
Old August 23rd 07, 07:35 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.breeds
[email protected]

On Aug 20, 11:07 am, diddy none wrote:
"
spoke these words of wisdom groups.com:

On Aug 3, 8:34 pm, "Paul E. Schoen" wrote:
wrote in message

roups.com...

On Aug 3, 3:26 pm, diddy none wrote:
Adorable name.. but oh not so adorable when they grow up!

http://search.petfinder.com/petnote/...?petid=8846031

Agreed, not to mention if you get a howler...

Nick

That's really not a great picture. If it is, then it is not very adorable.
It is very important to wait for the right moment for a good shot, or else
do something (such as with a treat or other distraction) to make it so.

Paul and Muttley and for now !Lucky

I do believe the point was that puggles are not adorable when they
reach adulthood like they are in the puppy stage when they are prime
for selling. Since neither of us took the picture, giving us advice
on how to properly take pictures of a dog is of no relevance.

Nick

Nick, You got the point. It seems paul failed to.

One of the local rescues has an adult puggle. It falls into the ugly
group as well. I just hope he landed into rescue for reasons other
than ugliness. I can handle people giving up dogs to shelters because
they shouldn't have gotten the dog in the first place, I don't like
it, but I can accept it. But if someone got rid of a designer mutt
because it ended up ugly instead of the cute dog the breeder promised
them... I just don't know what I would say to them. Sadly, I could
see this happening in the world we live in now.

Nick

Nick

Respond to reporter re "doodles" and "puggles" Janet Puistonen Dog breeds 14 August 11th 06 06:19 PM
Puggles-a-Go-Go!1!! shelly Dog breeds 39 February 6th 06 04:06 AM
puggles? Brad Griffis Dog breeds 11 August 6th 03 01:44 PM