Puppy Growling and Attacking me when he has a bone

Old July 14th 05, 09:26 PM
Simon Adebisi

Default Puppy Growling and Attacking me when he has a bone

Hi,

When I give my puppy a pigs ear growls at me from across the room when I
approach him he attacks me. He is very fun and placid with everyone, other
dogs, children and all people. Today he bit me really badly and ripped my
skin. He is 14 weeks old Old English Mastiff. He had a bad start in life as
10 of the 13 pups died and he had to be hand fed an live away from his
mother. I was told I got him at 8 weeks but when checking the date of birth
on the KC form I received nearly a month later it seems he was only 5 weeks
old.

I have him created and am cage training him.
He sleeps in the cage and enjoys the cage.
I eat first then him.
I am feeing his dry food from hand.
He will sit and wait for the command to eat before he eats.
He will also not touch the pigs ear or his food if I give the command not to
touch.
He will let me play with him with the pigs ear just after I have given it
him but if I leave him with it after a 60 seconds he goes into mental
protective dog mode.
I never look at him when he is eating his food after I give it him.

Any suggestions what to do? As he is an Old English Mastiff he will be a bog
lad when he get to full size (his dad was 18 stone and not an ounce of fat
on him)

Thanks in advance
Simon

Old July 14th 05, 09:59 PM

HOWEDY Simon,

Simon Adebisi wrote:
Hi,

When I give my puppy a pigs ear growls at me
from across the room

Perhaps he's just talkin...

when I approach him he attacks me.

PERHAPS HE'S JUST PLAYIN.

He is very fun and placid with everyone,

Good...

other dogs, children and all people.

As he should be.

Today he bit me really badly and ripped my skin.

Perhaps he was just REALLY EXXXUBERANT.

He is 14 weeks old Old English Mastiff.

INDEED. THAT'S The Amazing Puppy Wizard's breed.

He had a bad start in life as 10 of the 13 pups
died and he had to be hand fed an live away from
his mother.

Yeah... so he's been hand raised and should
be gentle as a lamb, eh Simon?

I was told I got him at 8 weeks but when checking
the date of birth on the KC form I received nearly
a month later it seems he was only 5 weeks old.

Yeah. That'll happen with orphaned pups.

NO PROBLEM. IT'S IRRELVENT.

I have him created and am cage training him.

Oh. No WONder he's attackin you. Dogs DON'T LIKE
bein locked in boxes and ignored when they cry.

He sleeps in the cage and enjoys the cage.

DOGS HIDE IN THEIR BOXES ON ACCHOWENT OF THEY
AREN'T USUALLY ABUSED IN THERE {); ~ )

I eat first then him.

THAT'S SHEER IDIOCY.

I am feeing his dry food from hand.

THAT'S SHEER IDIOCY.

YOU CAN'T BUY TRUST CONFIDENCE AND UNCONDITIONAL LOVE.

He will sit and wait for the command to eat before he eats.

Yeah. THAT'S PROBABLY HOWE COME HE DON'T TRUST YOU
when you offer him a LIFE THREATENING PIG EAR, Simon.

He will also not touch the pigs ear or his food if I
give the command not to touch.

THEN YOU WONDER... HOWE COME HE ATTACKS YOU.

He will let me play with him with the pigs ear just
after I have given it him but if I leave him with it
after a 60 seconds he goes into mental protective dog
mode.

No, Simple Simon. Withholding his treat INCREASES
ANXXXIHOWESNESS to DANGERHOWES LEVELS where seizure
and Obsessive Compulsive Behaviors occur {); ~ )

I never look at him when he is eating his food
after I give it him.

BWEEEEEEEEEAAHAHAHHHAHAAA!!!

THAT'S TELLIN HIM YOU'RE AFRAID OF HIM.

NO WONDER HE ATTACKS WHEN YOU WITHHOLD HIS STUFF
THAT HE SHOULDN'T BE EATIN TO BEGIN WITH ON ACCHOWET
OF DOGS DIE FROM EATIN PIG EARS RAWHIDE AND BONES.

Any suggestions what to do?

Here's your FREE copy of The Amazing Puppy
Wizard's FREE WWW Wits' End Dog Training
Method Manual:

http://makeashorterlink.com/?G 34D2527A

Just ASK The Amazing Puppy Wizard if you
need any additional FREE heelp. There's NO
arbritrary INFORMATION in your FREE copy
of The Amazing Puppy Wizard's FREE WWW
Wits' End Dog Training Method Manual so
study it well and do and follow ALL the
EXXXERCISES AS INSTRUCTED... it's a
PRECISE SCIENCE or it COULDN'T GET 100%
CONSISTENT NEARLY INSTANT SUCCESS for
all handlers and all dogs in all fields
or utilities and behaviors all over the
Whole Wild World {) ; ~ )

Date: Tue, 6 Jan 2004 09:41:01 -0500
From: "George von Hilsheimer, Ph.D."

Subject: "time-out"

Dan, my own firm hatred of punishment has
recently been intensified by meeting The
Puppy Wizard, Jerry Howe, whose work with
dogs is marvelous.

There is a literature on harms caused by time
out, and perhaps you'd like to look at
http://www.dogydoright.com
George von Hilsheimer, Ph.D., F.R.S.H.

"As Sam Corson (Pavlov's last student) demonstrated for
nearly 50 years at Ohio University (Oxford, O.) there
is no treatment more useful for dogs than tender loving
care."

George von Hilsheimer, Ph. D., F. R. S. H., Diplomate,
Academy of Behavioral Medicine

Date: 12 Jun 2005 06:02:47 -0700
Subject: Update from Angie & Duke

HOWEDY alphaFREAK,

alpha=A9 wrote:
We got a quick note from Angie this evening,

BWEEEEAAHAHAHHAHHAAA!!!

and she asked we share with those in the group who
have been following their story.

EVERY WON BEEN FOLLOWIN angie's STORY of JERKIN CHOKING
SHOCKING and MURDERIN her dog on accHOWENT of IT TURNED
ON HER for HURTING HIM.

Here's the quote from Angie:

BWEAAAAHAHAHHAHHAAAA!!!

EAT IT, alpha. HERE'S The Amazing Puppy Wizard's
ORIGINAL POST to angie and her POSTED CASE HISTORY
which will SHOWE YOU HOWE COME she's fixin to
MURDER HER DEAD DOG {) ; ~ )

"We met the breeders today and right off Duke was
stand offish but warmed up to them until Trav messed
around his face and he acted up.

BWEEEEEEEEEEEAAAHAHAHHAHAAAA!!=AD=AD!

They got him back to their house and said he is
really out of sorts,

Duh-Oh?

but from what they are seeing so far,

Are these ETHICKAL Pit Bull Breeders, alpha?
If so, would it be WIZE of them to RETURN a
DANGERHOWES Pit Bull dog, ALIVE, alphaFREAK?

they feel very strongly that he will make it

BWEEEEEEEEEEEAAHAHAHHAHHAAAA!!=AD=AD!

They'd have to STOP HURTIN HIM FIRST.

and get to come back home after a bit of attitude
adjusting

He'll STILL TURN on angie when she HURTS and INTIMDIATES HIM.

Will keep you updated

No need to, alphaFREEK. It's OVER for angies Pit Bull
Ambassador.

but wont be posting for awhile,

Duh? You think THAT will get The Amazing Puppy
Wizard to STOP POSTING HER OWN CASE HISTORY of
HURTING INTIMIDATING and MURDERING dogs?

so maybe you can let folks know. "

Yeah... THANKS, alphaFREAK.

We're hoping to see her back in the group soon.

BWEEEEEEEEEEAAHAHAHAHAHHAAAA!!=AD=AD!

She's FINISHED with DOGS FOREVER, alphaFREAK {); ~ )

- Shanna & Bob

BWEEEEEEEEEEEEAAHAHAHHAHAAAAA!=AD=AD!!

Hug a Pitbull Today!
email: Remove =A9

Subject: Hi everyone

HOWEDY angie,

Angie wrote:
I am having a very hard time getting this post together.

Havin a RHOWEGH day, eh, angie baby?

I have made a decision

Decision making is a learned behavior, angie.

to send Duke back to the breeders for awhile.

For a romantic interlude, angie?

Don't know where to begin actually.

Perhaps a little talk abHOWET the birds an bees would be in order?

Several of you know the problems I have had with him.

Not actually, angie. The Amazing Puppy Wizard didn't think
you HAD any DOG BEHAVIOR problems on accHOWENT of ALL temperament
and behavior problems are CAUSED BY MISHANDLING by lying dog
abusing MENTAL CASES, like yourself, angie:

From: "AngieM"
Date: Tue, 03 Jun 2003 12:14:46 GMT
Subject: Dont email me!
From: (Simons Mom)
Date: Mon, 2 Jun 2003 23:52:48 -0400 (EDT)

Who is this puppy wizard and WHY is he emailing me??????
Shannon

Ughhhhh - block him !!!!!! He is a wacko

=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3 D

HOWEver, THAT was THEN an THIS is NHOWE, AIN'T IT, angie {); ~ )

For those that don't, I will make it brief.....

This is gonna HURT YOU MOORE than The Amazing Puppy Wizard, angie,
and THAT'S GOOD, on accHOWENT of HURT is HOWE The Amazing Puppy
Wizard GETS PAID for offerin you miserable lyin dog abusin punk
thug cowards and active acute long term incurable MENTAL CASES,
like yourself, angie {); ~ )

he is showing signs of aggressive behavior,

ALL AGGRESSION IS FEAR.

ALL FEAR IS CAUSED BY MISHANDLING.

this morning he had a hold of the leash

You mean, the leash you jerk and choke him with, angie.

and when I reached for the leash he clamped down on my arm,

BWEEEEEEEEEEAHAHAHAHHAHHAAA!!!

You got your JUST DESSERTS, eh angie baby? You been
jerkin and chokin your dog since DAY WON and NHOWE
you got to PAY THE PIPER, angie. THIS is The Amazing
Puppy Wizard's PAY OFF, angie {); ~ )

while growling at me and he left teeth marks and bruises.

BWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAHAHAHHAHAHHH=AD=AD=ADAAAA!!!

YOUR BREEDER WILL MURDER HIM FOR YOU, angie.

THAT'S HOWE COME Pit Bulls got a REPUTATION for NOT BEIN HUMAN
AGGRESSIVE, angie, on accHOWENT of EHTICKAL Pit Bull Breeders
MURDER them on their first grHOWEL at a human {) ; ~ )

I can actually say that at that moment I was scared of him.

THAT'S THE HUMAN NATURE OF A DOG ABUSER, angie.

He is no longer friendly towards "most" people,

BWEEEEEEEEEAHAHAHHHHAAAA!!!

actually lunging at them and the hair will stand on his back.

While you stand there jerkin and chokin IT {); ~ )

When he doesn't get his way he jumps and tries to bite at me.

THAT'S ON ACCHOWENT OF YOU CHOKE HIM, angie.

There are other times when he is the most loving dog.......

You mean, WHEN YOU AIN'T HURTING HIM, angie.

I still have the barking whining issues when he is in the crate.

BWEEEEAAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAAAA!!!

He will pee in the crate almost out of spite.

YOUR SOON TO BE DEAD DOG PISSES HIS CRATE FROM PAINICK ATTACKS,
ON ACCHOWENT OF YOU ABUSED YOUR DOG, angie, and THAT'S HOWE
COME he's FEAR AGGRESSIVE {); ~ )

Just so you know,

You're a dog abuser, angie.

I went through 8 weeks of obedience training

BWEEEEEEEAAHAHAHHAHHAAAAA!!!

No, you didn't go through OBEDIENCE training. You
was taught to jerk and choke your dog JUST LIKE
HOWE The Amazing Puppy Wizard QUOTES from YOUR
OWN POSTED CASE HISTORY, angie {) ; ~ )

AND THAT'S HOWE COME you're fixin to MURDER your dog.

AND THAT'S HOWE COME THIS IS The Amazing Puppy Wizard's
FREE WWW Wits' End Dog Training Method Manual Forums
and SCHOOL Of HARD KNOCKS and HUMAN BEHAVIOR RESEARCH
LABORATORY, angie.

You're settin in it {) ; ~ )

and for the past 8 weeks I have had a
professional trainer working with us.

BWEEEAAHAHAHAHHAHHHAAAAA!!!

He has been socialized also.

That so? Socializatin was DONE pryor to your
puppy leavin the litter box or IT wouldn't
leave ITS litter box with you, angie.

So please don't get the wrong idea/opinion here.

Your obedience trainin and your in person trainer
are dog abusers and THAT'S HOWE COME you can't
train your dog not to BE AFRAID, and attack you.

The breeder will be meeting us half way on Saturday
to take him to evaluate.

THEY MURDER DOGS LIKE YOU GOT ON THEIR FIRST GRHOWEL.

They are very upset with things,

They MUST be used to it, angie. You dog lovers MURDER
the top 10% of your BEST DOGS for the same reason, angie.

as they have never produced a dog that acts like
this from any of their breedings.

PERHAPS they never sold a dog to a DOG ABUSER?

I have cried so many tears over this

Tsk tsk. You'll GET OVER IT, angie.

that I just needed to vent a bit.

Well, The Amazing Puppy Wizard THANKS YOU for
your POSTED CASE HISTORY, angie. THAT'S THE
ONLY REASON The Amazing Puppy Wizard posts
to PUBIC news groups, angie. Your own posted
case history may WON fine day go DHOWEN in
the medical textbooks documenting The Puppy
Wizard's SYNDROME {) ; ~ )

Having to do this and knowing he may not come back

Not to worry, angie. There AIN'T A CHANCE IN HEEL
your "ETHICKAL BREEDER" WON'T MURDER HIM A.S.A.P.

They CANNOT keep a dog like THAT in their kennel,
it'd bring them EMBARRASSMENT if someWON was to
SEE IT actin FEAR AGGRESSIVE {) ; ~ )

to me is just tearing me apart..................

To The Amazing Puppy Wizard, it's just another
day in HIS HUMAN BEHAVIOR RESEARCH LABORATORY,
angie. THANK YOU for makin this all possible.

Angie

Oh, bye the bye, here's HOWE COME your dog is TURNING ON YOU:

From: "AngieM"
Date: Tue, 20 May 2003 02:57:51 GMT

Subject: shocking collars??
WOW I must be lucky with Pete - nooooo digging and when I
got him at 8 mos old I promptly took him to obedience classes -
he would not even think about tugging or pulling me !!!

At first he tried to tug and pull - I used a short leather
lead and a choker and when he would tug I used both hands
and pulled him back, saying NO!! WAIT!! I think it just
freaks them out when you use a stern voice and tug right back

Just was wondering about the digging.....are your dogs left
out a long time alone? Maybe that has something to do with
it, they are bored perhaps?

Dot used to dig like crazy until I sprinkled tons of
Tabasco sauce and black pepper where she liked to dig -
seems to have done the trick - and the neighbors cat
used to like to chit in my flower beds until I tossed
the pods from sweet gum trees around - she didn't like
walking on them because they are prickly.=20

Good luck to you !!!!

Old July 14th 05, 10:02 PM

In rec.pets.dogs.behavior Simon Adebisi wrote:
When I give my puppy a pigs ear growls at me from across the room when I
approach him he attacks me. He is very fun and placid with everyone, other
dogs, children and all people. Today he bit me really badly and ripped my
skin. He is 14 weeks old Old English Mastiff. He had a bad start in life as
10 of the 13 pups died and he had to be hand fed an live away from his
mother. I was told I got him at 8 weeks but when checking the date of birth
on the KC form I received nearly a month later it seems he was only 5 weeks
old.

Please do not rely on internet advice. See an experienced trainer ASAP.
You can easily make this worse. On this page
http://www.dog-play.com/behavior.html I have some references to some
qualified trainer resources in the UK

--
Diane Blackman
http://dog-play.com/
Old July 14th 05, 11:01 PM

HOWEDY Master Of Deception blankman,

wrote:
In rec.pets.dogs.behavior Simon Adebisi wrote:

When I give my puppy a pigs ear growls
at me from across the room when I
approach him he attacks me.

Please do not rely on internet advice.

You mean, like your advice, Master Of Deception blankman,
you miserable lying dog abusing punk thug coward spammer.

See an experienced trainer ASAP.

You mean, WON LIKE THIS?:

captain arthur haggerty SEZ: "A CHIN CHUCK" Makes A
ResoundingSound Distraction: "When You Chuck The Dog
The Sound Will Travel Up The Mandible To The Ears And
Give A Popping Sound To The Dog."

OR DID YOU MEAN WON MOORE LIKE THIS?:

"After Numerous Training Classes, Behavioral
Consultations, And Hundreds Of Dollars In Vet
Bills, I Killed My Dalmatian Several Years Ago
Due To Extreme Dog-Aggressiveness," racetrack silly.

"I'll bet you don't know a thing about me. I volunteered
as assistant to the euthanasia tech at our local shelter
for a while, and I know a bit about overpopulation and
unwanted animals.

This however has nothing at all to do with responsible
breeders, because responsible breeders don't contribute
to that problem," Mustang Sally.

Or did you mean MOORE like YOUR OWN PERSONAL
REAL LIFE PAL lying "I LOVE KOEHLER" lynn:

lyinglynn writes to a new foster care giver:
For barking in the crate - leave the leash on and
pass it through the crate door. Attach a line to it.
When he barks, use the line for a correction.

- if necessary, go to a citronella bark collar.
Lynn K.

"Granted That The Dog Who Fears Retribution
Will Adore His Owner," lying "I LOVE KOEHLER"
lynn.

"I used to work the Kill Room as a volunteer in
one shelter.) But their ability to set their own
schedules and duties causes a great deal of
scheduling overhead.

And it takes effort and thought to ensure that
volunteers get the meaningful experience that
they work for.

Someone has to be responsible for that
Volunteer Program, and it is best done
by a non-volunteer."

Lynn K.

"I worked with one shelter where I bathed and groomed
every adoptable dog on intake. I frankly felt that the
effort/benefit equation was not balanced for some of the
older/ill poodle/terrier mixes we got in badly matted condition.

Should I have refused to groom them?

Or even more pertinent - I was one of the people who
had to make the euthanasia decisions at that shelter."

Lynn K.

"You Lying Sack Of Dung. When Have I Ever Said
Anything About Using A Prong Collar, Or Any Collar
Correction At All, To Make Dogs Friendly To House
Cats? Don't bother. The answer is never," lying "I
LOVE KOEHLER" lynn.

lying "I LOVE KOEHLER" lynn writes about kats and dogs:

"This Article Is Something We've Put Together
For SF GSD Rescue

From: Lynn Kosmakos )
Subject: I have a dog he has cats
Date: 1999/11/20

wrote:
How can I get him to quit chasing the cats.

Okay - this is going to be a bit loooong - Lynn K.

"Put a prong collar with a six-foot leash on the dog. Don't
forget to put the muzzle on the dog. I think a prong works
better than a choke with less chance of injury to the dog in
this situation.

Electronics can be used to create an aversion to cats, but
should be used under the direction of a trainer who knows how
to instruct the owner in their proper use. Electronics can
take the form of shock, sonic or citronella collars. At that
time the owner will train with electronics instead of food or
whatever other reward system was being used."

8) Put a prong collar with a six-foot leash on the dog.
Don't forget to put the muzzle on the dog. I think a prong
works better than a choke with less chance of injury to the
dog in this situation. Have the dog in a sit-stay next to
you with most of the slack out of the leash and let the cat
walk through the room and up to the dog if it wishes (this is
why you have the dog muzzled).

If the dog makes an aggressive move towards the
cat, it must be corrected strongly with both your
voice and the collar.

This is important - the correction must be physically
very strong - not a nag. (PS: not many dogs need
to be corrected at all)."

Or did you mean like her PARTNER IN RESCUE:

"Many People Have Problems Getting The Pinch
Right, Either They Do Not Pinch Enough, Or They
Have A Very Stoic Dog. Some Dogs Will Collapse
Into A Heap. About The Ear Pinch: You Must Keep
The Pressure Up," sindy "don't let the dog SCREAM"
mooreon, author of HOWER FAQ's pages on k9 web.

You can easily make this worse.

You mean, SEE A PROFESSIONAL TRAINER LIKE THIS?:

"He Was Next To Me And I Could See His Neck Muscles
Pulsing. I can't Imagine Needing Anything Higher
Than A 5 Even With An Insensitive Dog Like A Lab,"
janet boss Best Friends Dog Trainin {); ~ )

"I Had A Pointer Ignore A Neck-Muscle-Pulsing 9,"
sara sionnach, her PARTNER:

From: sionnach )
Subject: Correct use of prong collar
Date: 2001-05-05 13:03:14 PST

And Sally responded:

Who said that? I would never do or recommend
that, and neither would most of the regulars on here.
Sally Hennessey

I've posted my entire quote, since Patch failed to do so.
Take it out of context and you'd think I was flinging puppies
across the room!

here's what I said (keep in mind that we're talking about a
12 week old ~25# FCR puppy):

A small scruff shake is appropriate if he's
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^=AD=AD^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ^^^^^
very persistant.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Um, may I suggest a re-wording that might make
it clearer- given that "scruff shake" is too easily
misinterpreted as "pick the puppy up by the scruff
of the neck and shake the puppy in the air"?

I think I'd phrase it something like "if the puppy is very
persistant, it can be appropriate to take hold of the
loose skin at the back of the neck and give a slight
shake to the *skin*".

Janet's not talking about actually shaking
the puppy, which I think we ALL agree is
abusive."

"The actual quote is misleading when taken out of context"

sinofabitch writes:
What I have said- repeatedly - is that he took
posts from two different people,

Of curse THAT'S a lie.

took pieces of them out of context,

Of curse. QUOTED. You wanna see it in context?

cobbled them together,

No. There was WON DIRECT QUOTE.

then added his own words:

"Neatly," and "Smartly."

and a fake signature.

"sinofabitch" instead of sionnach.

Which is exactly what he did.

INDEEDY. That's HOWE COME you deny it.

The actual quote is misleading

That so?

when taken out of context,

We'd been talkin abHOWET beatin the dog with a shoe...

and Jerry's faked "quote"

The WON sinofabitch totally DENIES.

is downright meaningless.

Only if you're a MENTAL CASE.

Here's Jerry's version:

"I Dropped The Leash, Threw My
Right Arm Over The Lab's Shoulder,
Grabbed Her Opposite Foot With My
Left Hand, Rolled Her On Her Side,
Leaned On Her, Smartly Growled Into
Her Throat And Said "GRRRR!" And
Neatly Nipped Her Ear," sinofabitch.

Here's yours;

"I dropped the leash, threw my
right arm over the Lab's shoulder,
grabbed her opposite foot with my
left hand, rolled her on her side,
leaned on her, said "GRRRR!" and
nipped her ear. --Sara Sionnach

"The actual quote is misleading when taken out of context"

See?

"The actual quote is misleading when taken out of context"

On this page
http://www.dog-play.com/behavior.html
I have some references to some qualified trainer
resources in the UK

Yeah, but they're incompetent lying dog abusing
punk thug coward mental cases like yourself and
your own PERSONAL REAL LIFE REFERENCES:

WORDS OF WISDOM
From Our Own Lynn Kosmakos
1200mg Of Lithium And 50 Mg Of Zoloft
EVERY DAY For Twenty Years

I THINK I'M QUALIFIED TO TALK ABOUT LITHIUM

"I, too, have a bi-polar mood disorder (manic-depression)
requiring 1200mg of lithium and 50 mg of Zoloft every day.

I, also, care about dogs and use this forum to learn
more, while happily sharing pertinent information
I have learned. But if I were ever to post such sh*t,
I would hope that every other reader of this group
would be rightfully outraged."

"Community is an evolutionary thing that we earn
the right to participate in by observing the
easily understood rules and contributing to in
constructive ways."

Lynn K.

"It wasn't that meds didn't work for her
- she wouldn't take them. I particularly remember
a comment she made about scarey side effects of
Lithium. Hardly. After 17 years on it, I think
I'm qualified to say that the very low risk of
any side effect is far less frightening than the
very real dangers of life without it."

Lynn K.

LYNN K. and LOIS E, and a BiLateral, BiPolar
conversation on Mental problems. LYNN AND LOIS
Almost 50 years on mental illness medications combined

But I think what Lois was referring to
was the fact that Darlene actually
stated at some point that she was
bipolar--and, IIRC, that meds did not work
for her--so she was prone to major-league
ups and downs and sudden
enthusiasms..

"It wasn't that meds didn't work for her
- she wouldn't take them. I particularly remember
a comment she made about scarey side effects of
Lithium. Hardly. After 17 years on it, I think
I'm qualified to say that the very low risk of
any side effect is far less frightening than the
very real dangers of life without it."

Lynn K.

LYNN K. and the UNQUIET MIND

From: Lynn Kosmakos )
Subject: Where is Darlene?
Date: 1999/09/03

BoxHill wrote:
I know I am totally off topic here, but have you read
"The Unquiet Mind"?

Yeah. It's interesting, but kind of
watered down for the mass market, if
you know what I mean. There's really
quite a lot of good work out there and
decent research. Thank God.

Lynn K.
---------------------------------------

MOTHER AND CHILD REUNION
"KUCKOO!! CUCKOO!!!"
MOTHER (LOIS E.) 22 YEARS on TRICYCLICS,
DAUGHTER BIPOLAR...

YOU DO THE MATH

"What's really terrific, is now days you can say proudly,
'I take anti-depressives'"

From: Gary & lois Edwards )
Date: 1999/09/02

BEEN ON TRICYCLICS FOR ABOUT 22 YEARS

"I don't take lithium, but I've been on trycyclics
for about 22 years. Been there, done that, have
the t-shirt to prove it. What's really terrific,
is now days you can say proudly,

"I take anti-depressives". Back when I started
taking them it was seen as something shameful.
If you cut your leg off, and were lying there with
a bleeding stump, you'd never let the word
depressed, pass your lips, or the doc's would say,
"You're depressed, on medication? Well, can't have
any pain meds.....you could become addicted."

The good old days. I actually had a Great Aunt who's
father locked her in her room back in the twenties
because she was simple. A shame that medication
probably would have helped her live a normal life.

No Denna, I was just saying with Darlene's
personality, she has a way of making grandiose
plans when at the top of her manic cycle....as
does my daughter. I wasn't saying that anyone
with problems could be counted on to be
irresponsible."

Lois E.
-------------------------------------

--
Diane Blackman
SNIP SPAM

BWEEEEEEEEEEEEAAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAAA!!!

The Amazing Puppy Wizard {); ~ )

Old July 15th 05, 12:58 AM
Bernie

Seeking out a good and qualified trainer would be a good idea, but until
then, just don't give the pup any more pigs ears. I've seen many mild
mannered dogs become nasty and defend these treats or other leather chews.

Also, start right now with the "no free lunch" program. When feeding the
dog, make him sit and stay, and wait until verbally released before he is
allowed to eat from his bowl. Not too long, about 15 seconds the first time,
then keep increasing bit by bit. If he doesn't listen and goes for the food,
pick it up (you should still have your hand on the bowl when first doing
this), then have him step back, sit, stay, and try again. Work on reducing
any food defense attitude before it gets worse. Good Luck.

Old July 15th 05, 02:09 AM

Simon Adebisi wrote:
[...]

I am not a vet but ...it sounds like your dog may have
a case of *canine possessive aggression* disorder which
can be treat via training. When I worked on changing this
behavior was I wore leather gloves and jacket during the
training exercise to prevent from getting hurt (by the dog)
- it also helped that the dog was less than a year old
so its teeth were not that big. Having the leash and a
another trainer is also very helpful in working out this
behaviour. With the leash still on the dog, give the dog
its favorite toy, then asked to dog to "drop" its favorite
toy so you could take it. If the dog drops the toy, you
should praise the dog for dropping the toy on command.
If the dog resist and does not let go of the toy from
its mouth - pry open its mouth to take to toy away without
giving praise. If the dog tries bits, the dog will have
to drop the toy, you can must quickly take the toy away.
If the leash is on, have another person use the collar/harness
to restrain the dog if it tries to attack. If a leash is
not available or you are for some reason unable to
prevent the dog from attacking/biting/snapping at
you, you should say "ouch" if the dog actually
bits or snaps at you to show it has hurt you. If the
dog attacks you push the dog's head temporarily to the
ground in a submission position while sternly and loudly
saying "NO" to indicate that attacking a human to
protect the toy was an unacceptable behavior. After this
let go of the dog slowly ( if the dog attempted to attack
again you have to force the dog's head back down
into a submission position until the dog gives up the
attack). After a minute or so, give the toy
back to the dog to play with (to show the dog that
its fav toy was not lost but was only borrowed
temporarily). After the dog plays with its favorite
toy for a while, repeated the exercise to see if the
dog would give up its favorite toy when requested - if
the dog doesnot drop the favorite toy - repeat
the exercise. The goal of this exercise is to (1)
create trust between you and the dog that objects dropped
by the dog are not always lost forever, (2) communicating
to the dog that biting a human to protect an object
is wrong and unnecessary, and (3) teaching the dog
the command "drop". By providing multiple toy and fun
objects for the dog - this exercise can be repeated with
different objects to insure that the dog understands the
action to drop an object is not dependent on the object
itself but on the command "drop." I'm not sure the
above will work for you but it worked out for me.
Good Luck with your puppy. HTH

Old July 15th 05, 02:21 AM

HOWEDY bernie,

Bernie wrote:
Seeking out a good and qualified trainer

For WHAAAT, bernie?

All Simple Simon gotta do is STOP HURTIN an
INTIMIDATING and WITHHODLING BRIBING HIS DOG.

LIKE THIS:

From: "Simon Adebisi"
Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2005 21:51:33 GMT

he is also very nippy and mouthy but I know
puppies are like that. I have a very

large cage for him and put him in when he has
been 'anti-social', I have also tried growling
back at him holding

his mouth shut, shaking the scruff of his neck
and his jowls, making loud noises with pots and
pans and many

other things found on the net and in books but
nothings working so far.

Thanks In Advance
Simon

BWEEEEEEEEEEEEAAHAHAHAHHHAAAA!!!

would be a good idea,

All Simple Simon gotta do is EXXXACTLY OPPOSITE
of HOWE he's been handling his dog, bernie {); ~ )

but until then, just don't give the pup any more pigs ears.

The dog attacks him for WITHHOLDING bribes and punishing him.

I've seen many mild mannered dogs become nasty

You mean AFRAID, bernie, you dog abuser.

and defend these treats or other leather chews.

INDEED. On accHOWENT of THEY'RE AFRAID OF THEIR ABUSERS.

ALL AGGRESSION IS FEAR.

ALL FEAR IS CAUSED BY MISHANDLING.

Also, start right now with the "no free lunch" program.

Oh? You mean, to teach trust respect and unconditional love.

LIKE THIS?:

Simple Simon SEZ:

"I have him created and am cage training him.

He sleeps in the cage and enjoys the cage.

I eat first then him.

I am feeing his dry food from hand.

He will sit and wait for the command to eat before he eats.

He will also not touch the pigs ear or his food if I give
the command not to touch.

He will let me play with him with the pigs ear just after
I have given it him but if I leave him with it after a 60
seconds he goes into mental protective dog mode.

I never look at him when he is eating his food after I give it him."

=============================

When feeding the dog, make him sit and stay,

THAT'S HOWE COME HIS DOG ATTACKS HIM, bernie, you simpleton.

and wait until verbally released before he is
allowed to eat from his bowl.

THAT'S HOWE COME THE DOG ATTACKS HIM, bernie, you simpleton..

WITHHOLDING BRIBES MAKES DOGS FEAR AGGRESSIVE AND HYPERACTIVE.

Not too long, about 15 seconds the first
time, then keep increasing bit by bit.

DOGS GET SEIZURES AND ATTACK PEOPLE LIKE THAT, bernie.

If he doesn't listen and goes for the food,
pick it up (you should still have your hand
on the bowl when first doing this),

So his face will be in line with the dog's teeth.

You're a real idiot, bernie.

then have him step back, sit, stay, and try again.

THE DOG IS GONNA F UP HIS WEEKEND for him.

Work on reducing any food defense attitude

Yeah, he's doin that by lettin the dog bite his
hand instead of his face {); ~ )

before it gets worse.

IT ALREADY IS, bernie.

Good Luck.

LUCK, bernie? DOG TRAININ AIN'T LUCK, bernie.
"LUCK is for SUCKERS," The Puppy Wizard's
DADDY {); ~ )

All Simple Simon gotta do is STOP HURTING and
INTIMDIATING BRIBING and CRATING his FEAR AGGRESSIVE
DOG:

Old July 15th 05, 04:40 AM
FurPaw

Bernie wrote:
Seeking out a good and qualified trainer would be a good idea, but until
then, just don't give the pup any more pigs ears. I've seen many mild
mannered dogs become nasty and defend these treats or other leather chews.

I second this - no more pig ears until training happens. Dylan
showed similar behavior with pig ears when she was an adolescent
(when we first gave them to her), so we stopped giving them to her.
She was fine with all other treats. We re-introduced them when
she was four or five, and had no problems going forward. We didn't
specifically train her not to be aggressive with treats during that
time, just gave her general obedience training. I attribute most of
the change to maturation.

FurPaw

Also, start right now with the "no free lunch" program. When feeding the
dog, make him sit and stay, and wait until verbally released before he is
allowed to eat from his bowl. Not too long, about 15 seconds the first time,
then keep increasing bit by bit. If he doesn't listen and goes for the food,
pick it up (you should still have your hand on the bowl when first doing
this), then have him step back, sit, stay, and try again. Work on reducing
any food defense attitude before it gets worse. Good Luck.

--
"Don't believe everything that you think."
- Seen on a bumper sticker

To reply, unleash the dog
Old July 15th 05, 04:58 AM
si

We have a bull mastiff, staffy and bordeaux cross called Holly.

I can take food or chews right out of her mouth, no problem at all, not even
a murmer.

She has never, ever growled at me or displayed any aggressive behaviour. I
think thats because she knows her paws wouldn't even touch the floor if she
did. Nothing wrong with physically repremanding your dogs, as long as you
do not go overboard.

Happens in the wild and they understand it. Arguing with the pack leader
will result in a slap across the back thigh (at least I'm not biting here).

Old July 15th 05, 04:27 PM
Ronna

If the dog resist and does not let go of the toy from
its mouth - pry open its mouth to take to toy away without
giving praise. If the dog tries bits, the dog will have
to drop the toy, you can must quickly take the toy away.
If the leash is on, have another person use the collar/harness
to restrain the dog if it tries to attack

Please, please do not take this advice! It is dangerous and teaches
the dog nothing except that you will forcefully take away his
possessions, which is why he is guarding them in the first place.

Get thee to a qualified trainer/behaviorist. You can also follow this
technique:

http://k9deb.com/nilif.htm

Good luck!