Alsatian Shepalutes

Old September 11th 04, 10:44 PM
Shepalutes

Default Alsatian Shepalutes

As an owner of 3 beautiful Alsatian Shepalutes it grieved me to see them
being made fun of on this forum.. They really are a breed. Just like
the Shiloh Shepherd they have their own registry.
This breed has been perfected by Lois Denny of Shwarz Kennel in Oregon
USA. She has been perfecting this breed for going on 26 years.. If
anyone is at all intereted in them please visit her site at Founder
of the Alsatian Shepalute/Lois Schwarz Von der Schwarz kennels
http://tinyurl.com/6mk6u

or our kennel site at
http://tinyurl.com/3qps2
She has also wrote a book about them:

Alsatian Shepalute's : A New Breed for a New Millennium
Lois Denny
Format ISBN Price
Electronic Book 141846998X $4.95
Paperback (6x9) 1418439223 $18.75
Dust Jacket Hardcover (6x9) 1418439215 $29.25

About the Book

The ALSATIAN SHEPALUTE is an indispensable guide to this new and unique
breed that was created solely for the purpose of a companion dog. Most
breeds were bred for hunting or working and are hyperactive. Being a
companion dog this dog is laid back. This breed was bred to never bark
unless an intruder was around. Lacksidasical means this breed does not
care to dig up your yard or run after cars. The Alsatian Shepalute was
bred for his intelligence and the ability to read body language. This
breed pays attention to what is going on around him and is easier to
train than most breeds.

“This new breed of dog shall resemble the old extinct giant wolves that
use to roam throughout the North“. With his yellow eyed stare he seems
to look right through a stranger as if to say “Don’t come any closer”.

The following is a list of the book contents:

THE HISTORY OF THE BREED©THE MEANING OF THE WORD ALSATIAN©THE NORTHERN
BREEDS©THE GERMAN SHEPHERD©THE ENGLISH MASTIFF©THE WOLVES©GENETICS OF
THE DOG©BREEDING FOR INTELLIGENCE©THE LATEST NEW BREEDS OF DOGS©THE
OFFICIAL STANDARDS OF THE BREED©THE ALSATIAN SHEPALUTE CLUB AND
REGISTRY©DOG TRAINING TECHNIQUES©GENERAL HEALTH CARE©DOG LAWS©CREATING
NEW BREEDS.

About the Author

I do not write books for a living. I have never professed to a
knowledge of the English language or to the exact formula on how to
write a book. I am sure there must be a formula! My work and my love
is with these dogs. That is what I know and that is what I do, so I
ask you to go easy on me as I try to put all this information together
and create this, my first book.

I sold my first trained dog at the age of 13. A mother of a
12-year-old boy gave me $50.00 and promised to pay the rest later. (I
guess I don’t need to tell you how that went.)

I started breeding animals at the age of 7 or 8 since then I have had
the following animals share my life with me:

20 guinea pigs, a few rabbits, lots of chickens, and a bunch of ducks
and geese. Horses that we got from the rescue in Nevada. Calf's,
pigs, turkeys, pheasants and quail. A flock of sheep once. Love the
goats and still have some. One time a couple of gerbils. Turtles
whenever I could get them.

I built a couple of aviaries in my life so I had many different kinds
of birds that I bred for colors such as: 50 cockatiels, maybe 100
budgies, 1 Amazon parrot, 1 African gray, a few love birds, loads of
different kinds of finches and some canaries.

The different dog breeds that I have had included:

1 pointer for about 4 months, 1 German pointer until I found that one a
home, a couple of labs in my life, a golden retriever for the blind in
4-H, an Irish setter until I found it a home, Cocker Spaniels (at least
100), 1 English cocker, 1 vizsla, a weimaraner (until I found it a
home), basset hounds, 1 beagle that I gave to my son, dachshunds, 1
Norwegian elkhound, 4 akita‘s that I bred with shepherds and sold the
pups, a few Alaskan Malamutes, 1 boxer, a collie, a few Dobermans, a
bunch of German Shepherd Dogs that I co-owned or found homes for,
Mastiffs that I bred and showed, Rottwieler's that I raised and trained
for sale, 1 Samoyed that got lost, Shetlands, Siberian's that I sold,
Miniature schnauzers that I sold, Scottish terriers that I sold, 1
westie that I showed and then traded for a Breeding Rottwieler,
Chihuahuas that I bred and sold, a Maltese, a couple of miniature
pinschers, Pekingese, poms, poodles, pugs, shihtzus, silky t‘s,
yorkies, a Bichon Frise, Boston terriers, bulldogs, chows, a Dalmatian,
keeshond, lhasa’s, aussies, a cattledog, and several mutts.

Of all the different breeds I have had I have either sold or found
homes for. Some of my dogs did end up in the pound, but very few.

I taught dog obedience classes for over 20 years at naval bases,
recreation centers, and colleges.

I taught grooming classes, assistant veterinarian courses along with a
genetics night class on how to breed dogs.

I showed and participated in national dog clubs throughout the state of
California and Oregon.

I have lived in the mountains without electricity for over 12 years of
my life and I must say they were the best years of my life. There one
can live at piece with nature. Anyone, who gets the opportunity to do
that, I strongly suggest go!

I did most of my early breeding and trainings on this new breed in the
Los Padres’ National Forest.

My work is not over by a long shot! This breed has just begun and I
wish to share them with the world. The breed begets itself, or
reproduces itself consistently, and the pups fit the breed standards.
So, the breed’s character is set. Of course no pup is perfect when it
comes to a breeders point of view. That is why my work is not done.
Every good breeder will consistently strive to breed better than the
last, towards the standards of the breed.

I, of course, believe in the character and the gentleness of these dogs
as well as in their intelligence. Many new Alsatian Shepalute owners
have told me that they were so happy to have found such a dog! That to
me is worth its weight in gold. To be able to help or please another
human being and maybe make a difference in their lives makes me very
happy. To those owners I say “No, thank you!”

I wish to tell you, the reader, that I tried my best to write this book
and to do the breed justice. I also hope that you the reader will enjoy
my writing and will gain in life a little bit more knowledge than
perhaps you may not have known. God Bless.

L. E. Schwarz

Free Preview

Creating New Breeds of Dogs

It takes time and money to create or perfect a new breed. That is not
an understatement!

Why bring a new breed into the world? In the dog breeds of today how
many dog owners’ use their dogs for what they were bred for? Today’s
dogs still possess those inherited instincts. In my many years of dog
training it has always bothered me that owners were conditioning breeds
of dogs that were bred for a specific purpose, into becoming a family
pet. I have seen them try to modify the pup’s behavior. These dogs
were placed in city dwellings and were suppose to fit? There are dogs
that were bred specifically for that purpose. They are classified in
the breed books under the category “toys“. The toys are the only
breeds that were specifically bred as a pet.

Instead of changing old breeds into a new breed of dog that is in
demand today by breeding natural instincts out, I felt I should create
a new breed of dog. A plain ol’ companion dog.

The American German Shepherd is not the same dog as the German Shepherd
Dog. The American Shepherd is more of a companion dog. Since it is
still registered as a German Shepherd Dog it is suppose to be a
“working dog“ as described in the country of origins standards of the
breed. Working dogs were bred to do jobs as guarding life and
property. Well, that tends to confuse the public as to the proper
character of the German Shepherd Dog. How come a person could have a
great Shepherd for twelve years and then when they go to purchase
another Shepherd they find it intolerable?

Hunting breeds are being bred as companion dogs also, as that is what
the public wants. Owners who want to enter their dogs in field trials
find the breeds can not perform as they use to because breeders are
selecting the qualities that the everyday person wants. This is
causing a separation within many breeds’ characters.

By creating a new breed of dog and classifying it as a companion dog,
the public would be able to use the categories that go along with the
different breeds of dogs and the old hunting dogs would be protected
from breeders who breed family pet dogs.

As things are now the public doesn’t understand what those categories
are. When choosing a lifetime pet it would be so much easier to use
those categories to find the pet that best suits your family. Have you
ever tried to find a family pet by looking in the different categories
as to which breed would best fit your lifestyle?

--
Shepalutes

Yes, Its really True!!
Shepalutes's Profile: http://www.pet-manual.co.uk/member.p...nfo&userid=234
View this thread: http://www.pet-manual.co.uk/showthre...threadid=16650

Old September 11th 04, 10:44 PM
Shepalutes

http://members.tripod.com/rarek9

Old September 12th 04, 01:59 PM
Sue

I don't see any evidence that there is such a breed - this is a cross for
appearance given a not so cutsie name and I'm sure I've seen some of the
photos elsewhere?

Anyone can "start a breed" and set up a website.
Why would a bitch that was shy & not good with strangers be offered for
breeding?

BTW prior to this post I'd never heard of them - let alone seen anyone slag
the "breed" off.
A mutt is a mutt whatever you choose to call it.

Old September 12th 04, 11:10 PM
diannes

Debbie S wrote:
If ever a paragraph was begging for a tween, this is it! shelly? Terri?

Happy to oblige!

From: (Shepalutes)
As an owner of 3 beautiful Alsatian Shepalutes it grieved me to see

people making money off this bogus "breed". Those "breeders" deserve
being made fun of on this forum... They really are a breed. Just

go to your local shelter to see many of them. My mixed-breed dogs, just
like the Shiloh Shepherd, they have their own registry. This breed

registry is AMBOR (
http://www.amborusa.org/). The "Shepalute" ripoff has
been perfected by Lois Denny of Shwarz Kennel in Oregon USA. She has

been my inspiration - she's had lots of experience fooling fools, as she's
been perfecting this breed for going on 26 years.

As a special bonus, let me point out that the author of this post failed
to mention that she "... will have our first 2 litters in October 2004..
nature planned it earlier than we did, but we are excited." Yuck!!!!
More from the OP at http://home.earthlink.net/~d-kquarterhorses/.

Final point to the OP - learn to double-check your math, OK? A "breed"
that had its first litter in 1988 is NOT 26 years old.

Dianne
Old September 13th 04, 12:46 AM

On Sun, 12 Sep 2004 22:10:03 GMT diannes whittled these words:
Debbie S wrote:
If ever a paragraph was begging for a tween, this is it! shelly? Terri?

Happy to oblige!

And a truly masterful job you did!

As a special bonus, let me point out that the author of this post failed
to mention that she "... will have our first 2 litters in October 2004..
nature planned it earlier than we did, but we are excited." Yuck!!!!

Which means that they can't control their own dogs.

More from the OP at http://home.earthlink.net/~d-kquarterhorses/.

Final point to the OP - learn to double-check your math, OK? A "breed"
that had its first litter in 1988 is NOT 26 years old.

How DARE you bring facts into the discussion!
--
Diane Blackman
http://dog-play.com/