New Home Needed-Lab

Old November 15th 05, 07:15 PM
terrie

Default New Home Needed-Lab

I have a lovely male yellow labrador, age 2. He gets along well with
other dogs and loves everybody. While playing he accidentally nipped
my son who is now afraid of him. Unfortunately my son has major issues
which make it close to impossible to have him give Charlie a second
chance. The problem is the boy, not the dog. Charlie weighs about 80
lbs, is current with his shots and is neutered. He is accustomed to
being around another dog, a bird and a caged rabbit, and having a
fenced in yard to run around in. He does not like to swim. He is not
afraid of storms and gets along well with all other dogs. He does bark
at noises and makes a good watch dog. It breaks my heart but I can't
very well get rid of the boy :-). We live about 90 minutes outside of
NYC, neat the Jersey, PA border.

terrie

Old November 15th 05, 08:09 PM
Victoria Neff

In article .com,
terrie wrote:
I have a lovely male yellow labrador, age 2. He gets along well with
other dogs and loves everybody. While playing he accidentally nipped
my son who is now afraid of him. Unfortunately my son has major issues
which make it close to impossible to have him give Charlie a second
chance. The problem is the boy, not the dog. Charlie weighs about 80
lbs, is current with his shots and is neutered. He is accustomed to
being around another dog, a bird and a caged rabbit, and having a
fenced in yard to run around in. He does not like to swim. He is not
afraid of storms and gets along well with all other dogs. He does bark
at noises and makes a good watch dog. It breaks my heart but I can't
very well get rid of the boy :-). We live about 90 minutes outside of
NYC, neat the Jersey, PA border.

terrie

Have you contacted his breeder? Any responsible breeder would expect you
to return the dog to her/him when you cannot keep it.

He sounds like a lovely dog, and I wish him well as he faces an uncertain
future.

Old November 16th 05, 05:58 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.rescue

terrie wrote:

I have a lovely male yellow labrador, age 2. He gets along well with
other dogs and loves everybody. While playing he accidentally nipped
my son who is now afraid of him. Unfortunately my son has major issues
which make it close to impossible to have him give Charlie a second
chance. The problem is the boy, not the dog. Charlie weighs about 80
lbs, is current with his shots and is neutered. He is accustomed to
being around another dog, a bird and a caged rabbit, and having a
fenced in yard to run around in. He does not like to swim. He is not
afraid of storms and gets along well with all other dogs. He does bark
at noises and makes a good watch dog. It breaks my heart but I can't
very well get rid of the boy :-). We live about 90 minutes outside of
NYC, neat the Jersey, PA border.

Whether you keep the dog or *not*, it sounds like your boy needs some
behavioral counselling. A good child psychologist can probably help the
boy with his unreasoned fears. IMHO you do *not* want the boy to grow
up with these unresolved issues.

Good luck in re-homing your beautiful dog!!!