'Sometimes I feel so hungry'

Old December 6th 12, 07:28 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health

Default 'Sometimes I feel so hungry'

'Sometimes I feel so hungry': Documentary charts 12 months in the life
of the 625lb mother who ate herself to death
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/ar...ate-death.html

A very sad story about a woman who didn't need to die. But she just
couldn't resist "Haitien food." "Haitien food," for those who don't
already know, is mostly beans, rice and other starches, with maybe a
little chicken thrown in. I.e., VERY high in carbs.

The weight gain supposedly started after she had her first baby, which
some may attribute to hormonal changes. I don't. I attribute it to her
addiction to carbs. She was probably told to eat all she wanted, that
she's "eating for two," etc. And that was the beginning of the end for
this poor woman.

In Gary Taubes' great book, "Why we get fat: And what to do about it,"
(which anyone concerned about his or her weight and/or health should
read), he says "People don't get fat because they eat too much. They
eat too much because they are fat." And he explains how that happens.

GP surgery may have been a lifesaver for this woman, but so would a
VERY low carbohydrate diet (in my opinion). No surgery required! Of
course, no one can force a woman to go on a VLCD. And perhaps she had
already reached the point of no return (and there is such a point).
And perhaps there is even more to the story. But this woman didn't
need to die. She, of course, was ultimately responsible for her own
death. But she had a lot of help along the way.

--
Dogman

"I have approximate answers and possible beliefs in different degrees of certainty
about different things, but I'm not absolutely sure of anything" - Richard Feynman
Old December 7th 12, 01:11 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health

So glad to see that you are still alive and spittin'. Someone asked
about you a while back in your more common hang-out. Your sometimes
ascerbic comments are missed. {grin}

Jo Wolf
Martinez, Georgia, USA

Boy, Do I Feel Stupid Leah Dog behavior 2 October 24th 04 12:44 AM
Feel and Stream cooking Dog rescue 0 November 27th 03 11:51 PM
Feel and Stream cooking Dog rescue 0 November 27th 03 11:51 PM
Feel and Stream cooking Dog rescue 0 November 27th 03 11:51 PM
Feel and Stream cooking Dog rescue 0 November 27th 03 11:51 PM