Gaubster is Steve Crane's sock puppet -- it's now official!!!

Old March 13th 05, 02:30 PM

In article .com,
wrote:
No it is not! It would take a conspiracy larger than the Hill's -
Colgate Palmolive fleecing of the public to alter the IP address
headers of someone's NNTP posts.

No, not really. It's possible (anything in a Usenet post
can be forged with enough effort) but it's not as
straightforward as changing a From: header, for example.

Still, given a variety of explanations for the same thing
the simplest one is the most likely. To my mind the most
useful thing here has been finding out that Gaub works for
Hills.

George Bush's proposed budget will create $1.6 trillion in additional
federal debt, compared to just tracking inflation, according to the CBO.
Old March 13th 05, 04:01 PM
Joe Canuck

PawsForThought wrote:

Joe Canuck:

Marshall Dermer wrote:

In article . com
" writes:

Here are a couple more!

Mar 10, 4:35 pm http://tinyurl.com/5wemz

and another

Mar 11, 10:51 am http://tinyurl.com/3ralu

Thanks David.
What could be said in Steve's defense?

--Marshall

That someone went to great lengths and trouble to set him up.

Yes, it is possible.

Oh please. You've been watching too many conspiracy theory movies. LMAO

No, I'm a former computer guy with 30 years experience with a damn good
idea of what is and isn't possible wrt computers. I know it is possible.

What I'm *not* saying, that that *is* what took place here. Rather, I'm
just pointing out possibilities.

Because of one incident in which not all the facts are known, let us not
paint Science-Diet as the wolf in the chicken coop.

At this point, I'm not particulary a diehard fan of any pet food. I look
at all the pet foods with some measure of reservation.

I'd switch from the brand I'm currently using to something else in a
heartbeat if it was proven beyond a doubt the food I'm feeding now is
harmful or has deteriorated in quality.

And, who is to say the food picked as a replacement is going to be any
less harmful or of better quality.

I get the impression that folks in this newsgroup are pretty much
divided into two camps... pro and con Science-Diet. Thus the giddy
exuberance displayed by some when someone appears to have uncovered
something "scandalous" and can slam the other side.

Big deal.

It isn't about that for me. I'll feed what I am comfortable with and
foremost what my cat appears to do well on. That, is the bottom-line.

Old March 13th 05, 04:06 PM

Joe Canuck wrote:
What I'm *not* saying, that that *is* what took place here. Rather, I'm
just pointing out possibilities.

I suspect it's not possible to post everything that's
possible. What a vexing problem.

Old March 13th 05, 04:15 PM

On Sun, 13 Mar 2005 10:01:29 -0500, Joe Canuck
wrote:

At this point, I'm not particulary a diehard fan of any pet food. I look
at all the pet foods with some measure of reservation.

I'd switch from the brand I'm currently using to something else in a
heartbeat if it was proven beyond a doubt the food I'm feeding now is
harmful or has deteriorated in quality.

for some folks, it's a matter of not giving their money to a company
that condones unprofessional, unethical behavior on the part of its
employees. besides that, i don't do business with companies that
engage in spamming.

http://home.bluemarble.net/~scouvrette || http://cat-sidh.blogspot.com

I am interested in ideas, not merely in visual products.
-- Marcel Duchamp

Old March 13th 05, 04:31 PM
Marshall Dermer

In article Joe Canuck writes:
Marshall Dermer wrote:

In article . com " writes:

Here are a couple more!

Mar 10, 4:35 pm http://tinyurl.com/5wemz

and another

Mar 11, 10:51 am http://tinyurl.com/3ralu

Thanks David.

What could be said in Steve's defense?

--Marshall

That someone went to great lengths and trouble to set him up.

Yes, it is possible.

I agree.

Really shouldn't Steve and Gaubuster be speaking up?

--Marshall
Old March 13th 05, 04:40 PM

On 13 Mar 2005 15:31:40 GMT, (Marshall
Dermer) wrote:

I agree.

Really shouldn't Steve and Gaubuster be speaking up?

to what purpose?

http://home.bluemarble.net/~scouvrette || http://cat-sidh.blogspot.com

One eye sees, the other feels.
-- Paul Klee

Old March 13th 05, 05:09 PM
PawsForThought

Joe Canuck:

PawsForThought wrote:

Joe Canuck:

Marshall Dermer wrote:

In article . com
" writes:

[...]

I don't feed any commercial food so I really don't care one way or the
other what someone feeds. I think if any company were to behave like
Steve Crane aka Gaubster, I would be against that company's practices
and wouldn't support them. Although computer hardware is more my
forte than programming, I find it particularly hard to believe that
someone could actually change the IP headers to reflect that both Steve
Crane & Gaubster are both posting from Hill's and I believe there is a
strong probability that they are one in the same person. I always
wondered why Gaubster has harassed me for the past couple of years and
his extremely unnatural defense of Hill's products, and his continual
denials that he did not work for Hill's. I find it so ironic that he
has always called me a liar because I stated that my previous cats did
so poorly on Hill's Science Diet food, a fact that he just could not
take. He subsequently flipped out like a rapid animal. Now his
behavior all makes sense. Funny, him calling me the liar. I don't
care if Steve Crane and Gaubster aren't one in the same. But the fact
that they both have lied here for years gives them zero credibility in
my eyes.

--
PawsForThought

Old March 13th 05, 05:13 PM

On Sun, 13 Mar 2005 11:00:42 -0500, "PawsForThought"
wrote:

Oh I don't know. If it helps sell more food, I think they could very
easily turn a blind eye to what Steve Crane aka Gaubster does.

obviously, they do turn a blind eye, as past complaints have not had
any impact on Stevester's behavior. it seems clear to me that Hill's
is complicit.

http://home.bluemarble.net/~scouvrette || http://cat-sidh.blogspot.com

Color is the place where our brain and the universe meet.
-- Paul Klee