Natures Recipe

Old February 7th 06, 02:50 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health

Default Natures Recipe

"PawsForThought" composed these thoughts and
posted them oups.com:

wrote:
Ooh boy, the hypocrisy. For the record, Lauren is a infamous Hill's
Hater from way back. Lauren, don't be so coy. I'll bring everyone up
to speed.....you once claimed that Science Diet "killed" your cats.

Are you kidding me? Killed my cats? You are out of your mind, LOL,
but nothing new.

Now, you say it created problems for your "pets"? Am I to infer that
you mean you fed your dogs Science Diet in the past? If so, you've
never mentioned it until now. Hmmm?

You well know that I don't have a dog. Last summer I was taking care
of my sister's dog and wanted to learn more about feeding her. I still
watch her dog when she is out of town and continue to be interested in
feeding her a good food. I am also on a list serve where we have many
members who have dogs, so my interest is genuine.

Your problem with me is that I informed people how poorly my cats (not
my present cats, which you know, btw) did when I fed them Science Diet
food. I don't know, maybe it was the high corn content, or some other
ingredient, but their coats were very dry and they were vomitting from
it. As I stated before, my sister was feeding Hill's Science Diet to
her dog and she did poorly on it too. It seems that whenever anyone
tells the truth about Science Diet, the company you work for, they are
bashed and called a liar. My cats did very poorly on Hill's Science
Diet, learn to live with it.

Yet I almost killed my dog feeding raw. And my dogs have shiny coats and
are very healthy on Science diet. Perhaps you should take your cats to
the vet, and your problems were something other than the feed you were
feeding?
As you produce your individual testimony, you seem to ignore those
having fantastic positive results on the diet.
I also have a dog here that was on a commercial raw diet. The breeder was
so adamant about the diet that she had it shipped to ohio from California
to keep this dog on it's diet. After two misses on getting her pregnant,
I said I would do this breeding again ONLY if she changed the diet. This
was the only change we made. I put the dog on Science Diet and she got
pregnant. Positive results, right?

The dog is preparing to go home. She now has better coat than she ever
had. She has is in wonderful muscletone (actually i attribute this to
exercise and NOT diet, but Raw Feeders always use this as a condition
criteria for their food)
The breeder is again shipping RAW food for the dog since the puppies are
now weaned. Not my problem. But I get sick of people making testimony as
law, when others have a very positive experience from Science Diet.
Old February 7th 06, 03:02 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health

Last summer I was taking care
of my sister's dog and wanted to learn more about feeding her. I still
watch her dog when she is out of town and continue to be interested in
feeding her a good food.

if it's your sister's dog, why would you worry about what to feed her? Feed
the dog whatever dog food your sister uses so the dog doesn't get stomach
problems from having its food rapidly changed.

Old February 7th 06, 03:02 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health

John Wesley wrote:
Personally, I tried
Science Diet products on my pets in the past, but it seemed to make
their skin dry and they had vomiting problems from it. I have cats but
my sister has dogs and she had the same experience.

What does your sister use now? Dog in question is on Science Diet Puppy
right now. That is not agreeing with her stomach occasionally and she
has some skin flaking. My dog (her brother) is on Science Diet Puppy
also. He has a nice coat and soft skin and no stomach problems.

jw

Hi John,
I believe my sister has fed her dog California Natural, Innova and
Wysong. I'll ask her which one she's using now. Here's their
websites:

http://www.naturapet.com/display.php?d=home-tab

http://www.wysong.net/

Old February 7th 06, 05:05 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health

PawsForThought wrote:
wrote:
Ooh boy, the hypocrisy. For the record, Lauren is a infamous Hill's
Hater from way back. Lauren, don't be so coy. I'll bring everyone up
to speed.....you once claimed that Science Diet "killed" your cats.

Are you kidding me? Killed my cats? You are out of your mind, LOL,
but nothing new.

Lauren, are you on any form of medication? This is exactly what you
alleged about 2 or 3 years ago. Are you finally disavowing your
previous story?

Now, you say it created problems for your "pets"? Am I to infer that
you mean you fed your dogs Science Diet in the past? If so, you've
never mentioned it until now. Hmmm?

You well know that I don't have a dog.

That's what you've said before. Yet it seems that you are trolling
this ng, taking any opportunity to bash Hill's.

Your problem with me is that I informed people how poorly my cats (not
my present cats, which you know, btw) did when I fed them Science Diet
food.

No, my problem with you is that you take any opportunity to bash
Hill's. When called on the carpet for it, you then play the victim.
You claim that you want "unbiased" information, yet you don't have any
problem providing links and pointing others in the direction of your
own biases.

I don't know, maybe it was the high corn content, or some other
ingredient, but their coats were very dry and they were vomitting from
it. As I stated before, my sister was feeding Hill's Science Diet to
her dog and she did poorly on it too. It seems that whenever anyone
tells the truth about Science Diet, the company you work for, they are
bashed and called a liar.

And what truth would that be? You sound like a conspiracy theorist.
You've been called a liar only after inconsistencies in your "stories"
have been pointed out. Phil P did a nice job doing just that a couple
of years ago. Nobody bashes you for your "experience", it's mostly for
your rhetoric and your hypocrisy. You like to ignore the anecdotal
experiences of those whose pets thrive on Hill's products.

Old February 7th 06, 09:36 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health

diddy wrote:
Perhaps you should take your cats to
the vet, and your problems were something other than the feed you were
feeding?

I did take my cats to the vet, and unforunately, he advised me that it
was the food that was causing the problems. He recommended I switch to
another brand, and my cats improved and became healthy again.

As you produce your individual testimony, you seem to ignore those
having fantastic positive results on the diet.
I also have a dog here that was on a commercial raw diet. The breeder was
so adamant about the diet that she had it shipped to ohio from California
to keep this dog on it's diet. After two misses on getting her pregnant,
I said I would do this breeding again ONLY if she changed the diet. This
was the only change we made. I put the dog on Science Diet and she got
pregnant. Positive results, right?

Every diet will have diffferent results on different animals. I don't
deny your dogs are doing fine on Science Diet. But my pets did not, as
well as many other people I've come across. It's one of those YMMV
situations. I have a friend who thought their dog was doing great on a
particular food. Then she switched to another brand and couldn't
believe the improvement.

But I get sick of people making testimony as
law, when others have a very positive experience from Science Diet.

I don't think anyone is saying his/her testimony is law. I think
people who have good, and bad, experiences with a particular petfood
shouldn't be afraid to speak up.

Old February 8th 06, 12:24 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health

PawsForThought wrote:
wrote:
PawsForThought wrote:
wrote:
Ooh boy, the hypocrisy. For the record, Lauren is a infamous Hill's
Hater from way back. Lauren, don't be so coy. I'll bring everyone up
to speed.....you once claimed that Science Diet "killed" your cats.

Are you kidding me? Killed my cats? You are out of your mind, LOL,
but nothing new.

Lauren, are you on any form of medication? This is exactly what you
alleged about 2 or 3 years ago. Are you finally disavowing your
previous story?

What the hell are you talking about? You're the one who needs
medication. I never claimed Science Diet killed my cats.

Ooh boy. I ought to do a search sometime and prove you wrong. Or
perhaps I'll just let Phil P do it since he's pretty good at that sort
of thing. Perhaps someone was masquerading as you? shrug

As usual, you appear to be stalking me again.

LOL! Here you go with the "victim" thing again!

Seems you got
chased out of the cat newsgroup for your trollish behavior. I see it's
still going on over here.

Uh no. However, you coming into a dog ng when you don't own dogs and
then immediately putting words into Steve Crane's mouth and then
attacking him for something he didn't say would certainly fit the
behavior of a troll = you!

Is there any wonder why I don't care for
Hill's? It's employees like you who give the company a bad name.

Get over it, Lauren. You fed Science Diet to your cats, you weren't
satisfied with the result, you switched your method of feeding, BAM,
done deal. What's your beef? Why must you insist on constantly
bashing Hill's many years later? Why do you follow Steve Crane around
and nip at his heels? What did he or Hill's ever do to you? Talk
about a woman, scorned!?