BSL - 75 Breeds Listed (Even Goldens!)

Old June 6th 07, 02:36 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.breeds
Tara

Default BSL - 75 Breeds Listed (Even Goldens!)

Shelly wrote in
:

Oh, ferpetesake! They are Pit Bulls, not pitties.

I have no idea what the problem with that is.

People say "Eskies", "Sheppies", "Dobies" (in the way its pronounced) and
many other diminutives of the breed of choice's name. What's so offensive
about saying "Pitties"?

Tara
Old June 6th 07, 02:49 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.breeds
Suja

"Tara" wrote in message:

I have no idea what the problem with that is.

Ditto that. There's even an all-breed rescue around these parts that
focuses on Rottweilers and Pit Bulls called It's a ROTTn PITy!

Suja

Old June 6th 07, 03:37 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.breeds
Tara

"Suja" wrote in news:wno9i.41806$NU1.10235
@newsfe13.lga:

There's even an all-breed rescue around these parts that
focuses on Rottweilers and Pit Bulls called It's a ROTTn PITy!

That is VERY cute.

Tara
Old June 6th 07, 06:08 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.breeds
Paul E. Schoen

"Rocky" wrote in message
diddy said in rec.pets.dogs.breeds:

The same article was copied to well over a hundred
websites. I couldn't find the original source.

Perhaps Paul can verify his quote?

As a starting point, the list resembles the Italy "breed ban"
list which was disseminated about a year ago. IIRC, it was a
proposed list of dogs which some politico thought needed a
greater degree of control than the average pet dog.

I found this originally as a link on a post on the AOL CBB, but found it
again on the Yahoo Groups for Anatolians, which I just joined. It is listed
under something called Yahoo Answers:

The complete URL for the link is:

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/?q...Dog&grp_user=1

Good luck pasting that in your browser!

Paul and "The Mutt"

Old June 6th 07, 11:18 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.breeds

Suja wrote:

Ditto that. There's even an all-breed rescue around these parts that
focuses on Rottweilers and Pit Bulls called It's a ROTTn PITy!

Sorry, but I find it gross in a way that I am not bothered by other
diminutive breed names. I associate it with the furbaby crowd. My
experience has been that folks who have "pitties" think that dog
aggression is all in how they are raised. Also, the association
with "pity." It's just gross.

--
Shelly
Old June 6th 07, 11:20 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.breeds

diddy wrote:

I'll forgive your passive aggression tonight and chalk it up to hormones.

Ugh. You really *do* hate women, don't you?

Anyway, you've repeatedly said that you support Pit Bull bans. You
conveniently did not address that point.

--
Shelly
Old June 6th 07, 11:22 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.breeds

Paul E. Schoen wrote:

I found this originally as a link on a post on the AOL CBB, but found it
again on the Yahoo Groups for Anatolians, which I just joined.

Golly, it must be true then!

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/?q...Dog&grp_user=1

Good luck pasting that in your browser!

Xnews has no trouble handling long URLs, and pasting is just a
simple matter of ctrl-v. That said, Yahoo Answers is about as
reliable as About.com. As in, it isn't.

--
Shelly
Old June 6th 07, 12:04 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.breeds
Janet Boss

In article ,
diddy wrote:

If Muttley's city decides to instill breed bans over 100 pounds, Muttley is
still probably SOL regardless of non-breed status

Muttley lives in the 'burbs, so it would be a county or state ban if
anything, which I really don't think will happen. We (yes, myself as
well as some other dedicated folks) managed to kill a proposed BSL in
the major city nearest to Muttley, even in the midst of some pretty bad
pitbull incidents, and close to the time of the SF incident.

Paul is a great fiction writer these days though, so who knows what
story will be woven?

--
Janet Boss
Old June 6th 07, 12:04 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.breeds

elegy wrote:

pittie doesn't bother me at all. it's the "pibble" people that annoy
me

Pibble is *way* too close to dribble. O ick!

--
Shelly
Old June 6th 07, 12:46 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.breeds
Judy

"Rocky" wrote in message
As a starting point, the list resembles the Italy "breed ban"
list which was disseminated about a year ago. IIRC, it was a
proposed list of dogs which some politico thought needed a
greater degree of control than the average pet dog.

And the Italy list included miniature schnauzers. Among a whole lot others
that I don't recall that were just as absurd.

Judy

NEW BREEDS Dee Dog breeds 10 September 26th 06 02:22 PM
GDI is a "Top 50" Inc500 Listed Company...Are You Tired of Working Hard to Make Someone Else Rich? [email protected] Dog behavior 0 September 13th 06 11:00 AM
Saw two new breeds White Monkey Dog breeds 7 October 3rd 05 01:18 PM
Lab-like breeds?? Marcel Beaudoin Dog breeds 19 May 14th 05 01:10 AM
Goldens, colors and genes Darby Wiggins Dog breeds 22 January 21st 05 06:18 PM