Dog Barking

Old January 26th 09, 10:31 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
[email protected]

Default Dog Barking

I have a 6 year old Golden Retriver and she always barks whenever
someone knocks on the door. Any ideas on how to make her stop?
Old January 27th 09, 02:51 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
Nessa

On Jan 26, 4:44*pm, Janet Boss
wrote:
In article
,

wrote:
I have a 6 year old Golden Retriver and she always barks whenever
someone knocks on the door. Any ideas on how to make her stop?

tell her what a good dog she is for doing that, and then tell her that's
enough as you allow her to politely greet your guest.

--
Janet Boss www.bestfriendsdogobedience.com

that's what's always worked for us.

"thank you for keeping us safe and alerting me to the fact that daddy
is home, that's enough now"

they shut right up...
Old January 27th 09, 05:19 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
chardonnay9

Nessa wrote:
On Jan 26, 4:44 pm, Janet Boss
wrote:
In article
,

From: Nessa
Date: Fri, 20 Sep 2002 00:04:00 GMT
Subject: Night time barking.. Help needed
"This morning he barked at 4:45. Since I have the neighbor
from hell and live in a townhouse, I get up when he barks
esp. if the windows are open (right now they are closed and
we have the AC on.

I can't let him bark or my neighbor will take me to court.

He's already filed complaints with out [SIC] homeowner's
association about the dogs being outside on tie outs when
I am with them.

Now I can't tie them outside, I can sit outside with them
on leashes but not leave them tied outside even if I have
to run into the house for 30 seconds."

They shut right up huh?
Old January 27th 09, 05:23 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
Janet Boss

In article ,
chardonnay9 wrote:

They shut right up huh?

Why are you quoting something that is over 6 years old, and the barking
dog in question is now deceased? Are you Jerry's sister and afflicted
with the same disease?

--
Janet Boss
Old January 27th 09, 05:25 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health

chardonnay9 wrote in
m:

They shut right up huh?

That was seven years ago, and Nessa was a novice dog owner then. She
subsequently learned how to handle the problem and is now sharing the
process that worked for her. That's what reasonable people do. They
learn from their experiences.

Chard, unless and until you learn to read for comprehension, Google is
*not* your friend.

--
Shelly
Old January 27th 09, 05:26 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health

Janet Boss wrote in news:janet-
:

Are you Jerry's sister and afflicted with the same disease?

My working theory is that Mikey got a cyber sex change.

--
Shelly
Old January 27th 09, 05:54 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
Paul E. Schoen

"Shelly" wrote in message
1...
chardonnay9 wrote in
m:

They shut right up huh?

That was seven years ago, and Nessa was a novice dog owner then. She
subsequently learned how to handle the problem and is now sharing the
process that worked for her. That's what reasonable people do. They
learn from their experiences.

Chard, unless and until you learn to read for comprehension, Google is
*not* your friend.

Actually, why bother with Google when you can just cut and paste Jerry's
tired old posts from the past.

To give Jerry some credit, his advice on barking control is similar to
Janet's, and it makes sense. Some of the rest, not so much.

Paul and Muttley

Old January 27th 09, 08:30 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
Tara Green

chardonnay9 wrote:
Nessa wrote:
On Jan 26, 4:44 pm, Janet Boss
wrote:
In article
,

From: Nessa
Date: Fri, 20 Sep 2002 00:04:00 GMT
"This morning he barked at 4:45. Since I have the neighbor
from hell and live in a townhouse, I get up when he barks
esp. if the windows are open (right now they are closed and
we have the AC on.

I can't let him bark or my neighbor will take me to court.

He's already filed complaints with out [SIC] homeowner's
association about the dogs being outside on tie outs when
I am with them.

Now I can't tie them outside, I can sit outside with them
on leashes but not leave them tied outside even if I have
to run into the house for 30 seconds."

They shut right up huh?

Idiot.

Did Jerry forget to point out the date of
that post when he sent it to you?

She was coning here to *learn* how to handle
these things.

And she has.

Not everyone is stuck in their inability to
see beyond their nose. Many people here
actually evolve and learn and grow.
Ironically, you and your bud represent the
only ones here that can't do that.

Barking Lab RCE Dog behavior 0 March 26th 07 12:35 AM
Barking [email protected] Dog behavior 6 August 20th 06 04:54 PM
Barking Dog Nick Dog behavior 0 August 6th 04 10:05 AM
Barking Dog Nick Dog behavior 0 August 6th 04 10:05 AM
Barking Dog Nick Dog behavior 0 August 6th 04 10:05 AM