Inner Eye Lump

Old January 13th 05, 12:11 PM
Veripwolf

Default Inner Eye Lump

Hi there,

Ripley, my 8 year old cross breed girl (gsd/collie), has a lump inside her
eye. It is growing on her iris, it seems. We brought her to a veterinary
opthamologist and he has scheduled her for an ultrasound to be performed at
the veterinary college in Dublin tomorrow. Our *possible* veterinary route
will be ... ultrasound, biopsy & chest x-ray, enucleation.

Last February, Ripley was running on the beach and a small piece of rust (we
think) got lodged in her cornea. After weeks of getting nowhere at an Irish
*country* veterinary clinic (their advice, keep applying eye cream and the
object would eventually dislodge itself!), we went to the opthamalgist in
Dublin. He performed surgery and removed the rust from Ripley's eye. After a
couple of weeks, she was back to normal and the eye looked perfect.

Do you think the eye trauma and operation from last year could be related to
this growth in her eye. The opthamalgist thinks not. Perhaps, he doesn't
want in any way to be at fault. Not that I would point the finger and from
what we have seen, he is very competent. However I read on the net that
trauma to the eye can be the cause of iris melanoma (jumping ahead
diagnosis).

If anyone has been though a similiar thing with their dog, I'd appreciate
any info or advice.

Thanks in advance,
Veron

Blood work prior to lump removal Ar Fai Ve Dog health 1 August 13th 04 10:11 PM
Lump under the tail Carlos Dog health 2 November 16th 03 01:08 PM
Lump under the tail Carlos Dog health 0 November 15th 03 11:08 PM
Lump Grinder Dog health 20 September 15th 03 10:26 PM
Lump Grinder Dog health 0 September 14th 03 03:36 PM