Lawn spray to dissolve dog poop?

Old February 1st 05, 01:57 PM

David Sherman wrote:
Or, how about going outside with your dog? Put them on the leash and make
them understand that after they poop they can be let go to play.

I have four dogs. However, I really don't care - cleaning
up the yard just isn't a big deal.

In 1978, George Bush was warning that Social Security
would go broke in 10 years
Old February 1st 05, 02:26 PM
Janet B

On Tue, 01 Feb 2005 12:51:04 GMT, David Sherman
wrote:

All of you will get no sympathy from us urban apartment dwellers. We have
to bundle up against the cold or batten down against the rain three, four
times a day and we have to pick up all donations.

I've been an urban dweller for many years. One with a postage stamped
sized yard though (now have 1/2 acre yard). In both urban and
suburban settings, go out with dogs frequently.

Wouldn't be easier for you to actually watch your dog when they are out in
the yard, and simply run out and quickly pick anything up that they make,
when they make it?

I scoop my yard 2x+ per day. Usually, when scooping, Franklin
provides more matter for me, which is scooped immediately. We spend a
lot of time outdoors in the summer, and poos is scooped as soon as
it's deposited. I almost always watch my dogs in the yard. These
days (with snow on the ground), I walk out and scoop right away if the
pile is close enough to the house and the precip light or
non-existent. Otherwise, I revel in the luxury of not having to scoop
until the next day or when I feel like it.

Or, how about going outside with your dog? Put them on the leash and make
them understand that after they poop they can be let go to play.

My dogs don't need to be on leash to know that. That is the routine.
play and walks come after elimination. I'm outside with them a lot.

Dogs learn
to poop quickly that way. That way you poor poor people with back yards
only have to be outside briefly, pick up the poop, and go back inside and
stay warm and not have to worry about frozen/thawing doggie poo poo.

You don't seem to understand that a yard does not a lazy owner make.

--
Janet B
Old February 1st 05, 02:34 PM

Janet B wrote:
No place to fling it - the neighbors would probably be unhappy! ;-D

I've begun experimenting with placing it strategically
around the mini-orchard I started putting in last summer.
And so far the results are ... makes no difference
whatsoever in keeping the deer away.

Old February 1st 05, 09:45 PM
Sharon too

Wouldn't be easier for you to actually watch your dog when they are out in
the yard, and simply run out and quickly pick anything up that they make,
when they make it?

We live where snow falls in feet, not inches. We *do* go out with the dogs,
and pick up after them when we can. But things like toddlers tagging along
and the poop sinking through feet of snow makes cleaning up in the dark not
easy.

-Sharon

Old February 2nd 05, 01:58 AM

The problem is my dogs need to go at night and I have no way to
illuminate the whole yard. If you have an apartment, you can always get
a dog litter box. They sell then at Petsmart. They also make sod boxes
for apartment decks.

Old February 2nd 05, 11:39 PM
Joshuall

Here's a sure way to make a million bucks folks. Some one of us ought to
invent something (natually safe) that will melt that poop away. Spray and
Melt. A sure zillion dollar item g.

--
God Bless America

Josh The Bad Bear

Old February 3rd 05, 12:07 PM
ellis

What I really want is infrared goggles to spot it in the dark. The army
issue ones cost a bundle. Any inventors?

Dog poop on the lawn Tim Dogs - general 3 September 26th 03 08:31 PM
Dog poop on the lawn Tim Dog behavior 21 September 25th 03 09:28 PM
Dog poop on the lawn Tim Dog behavior 0 September 24th 03 09:35 PM
Dog poop on the lawn Tim Dog behavior 0 September 24th 03 09:35 PM
dog poop on lawn nosredna Dog behavior 27 July 24th 03 06:07 PM