Home Visit Checklist?

Old September 27th 03, 08:09 PM
Mark/Shell

"Kind2dogs" wrote in message What works for me and my
dogs besides the GESTAPO thing, is being for the
people and the dog AFTER the adoption when there WILL ALWAYS be a problem

that
needs to be smoothed out.

Paulette~

Jerry is excellent, she listened for hours when I was blubbering down the
phone when my dog had to be euthanized a few years back (I'm sure she
couldn't understand a word I was saying) I usually call her if I have a
worry or just want a second opinion. She provides an excellent service and
is an extra special woman.

Shell

---

Old September 27th 03, 08:11 PM
Suja

Mark/Shell wrote:
couldn't understand a word I was saying) I usually call her if I have a
worry or just want a second opinion. She provides an excellent service and
is an extra special woman.

Ditto Lea, even when I was being an utterly paranoid newbie - 'He's not
eating enough'. 'Is he drinking too much?' 'Is it okay if he hikes his
leg *that* high?' 'I think that one eye is blinking too fast'. Woman
is a saint. She never once hung up on me, or pointed and laughed.

Suja

Old September 27th 03, 08:15 PM
Mark/Shell

Crikey Suja your house sounds like mine. Someone asked today why I always
have a perfumed candle in the hearth, am I candle mad? The truth...my lounge
stinks of dog (not urine or anything similar just a dogy smell)....I'm going
to rip up the carpets, floorboards don't retain smells.

I don't like strangers in my house but if it's necessary I don't have a
problem, if it were the choice of me having a dog or not then that's fine as
my house is a dogs haven, certainly not aimed at humans

Shell

"Suja" wrote in message
Chris Jung wrote:

My biggest concern with having people in my house is that I'm a -ahem-
"casual" housekeeper.

Mine as well. There is always newspaper strewn about, and assorted
computer parts and tools scattered around. Of course, DH starts
disrobing as soon as he enters the house, so there is also a little
obstacle course consisting of shoes, ties, socks, and an odd sweat shirt
or two.
Dave and I putter around absent mindedly and don't realized how junky

this
place looks until people visit.

Ditto. I get a little upset when people give me little or no warning
before showing up. But, I have greatly improved in the efficiency with
which I straighten up (read stick clutter where it is out of sight), and
have also loosened my definition for what "neat" is.

but after 4 weeks at Frau Jung's School for Kitten Hooligans, they have

been
socialized up the wazoo and are ready to cause major havoc in their new
family's homes.

Yay! Do they have homes waiting for them already?

Suja

---