Note to self...

Old November 6th 08, 06:38 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior

Default Note to self...

"Robin Nuttall" wrote in message
Shelly wrote:

WHY do they always eat your FAVORITE pair????

Nessa wrote that, not me.

I had no clue that my left foot was so attractive...

Dogs are perverse. Elliott and Harriet once got into a 10# bag of
potatoes. They put *one* set of tooth marks in each potato. They left
them scattered all over the living room floor, except for the ones they
hid under my pillow.

--
Shelly

Old November 6th 08, 06:56 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior

"Suja" wrote in message

How are they supposed to know that those potatoes aren't edible unless
they
try each one individually?

That was clearly their theory!

It kind of pissed me off, until I went to bed that night and found
potatoes under my pillow. I started giggling and couldn't stop.

--
Shelly

Old November 6th 08, 07:39 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior

On Nov 6, 12:27*pm, Robin Nuttall wrote:

I had no clue that my left foot was so attractive...

didn't they make a movie about that...

duck
Old November 6th 08, 07:41 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior

On 2008-11-06 12:56:15 -0500, "Shelly" said:

It kind of pissed me off, until I went to bed that night and found
potatoes under my pillow. I started giggling and couldn't stop.

I'm always delighted by that kind of canine thinking.

Old November 6th 08, 08:23 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior

"Shelly" said in
rec.pets.dogs.behavior:

"Nessa" wrote in message

WHY do they always eat your FAVORITE pair????

Because they're the ones you wear the most, so chances are
they'll be the ones left out most often.

And taste the best.

FWIW, Maybe has a thing for my thongs - "Flip Flops" to those
whose minds were considering the other clothing item.

Old November 6th 08, 08:41 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior

"Rocky" wrote in message:

FWIW, Maybe has a thing for my thongs - "

Oh, that visual and the accompanying WTF??? were quite something.

Suja

Old November 7th 08, 02:31 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior

"Nessa" wrote:
I agree Shelly! I just FORGOT about shoes and puppies...

Perhaps the fact that he's way bigger than many adult dogs had something to
do with it? ;-D

Also, it really depends on the puppy. I've never had a shoe chewed ON, let
alone chewed UP, by a dog of any age... and I leave my shoes all over the
house. Only animal I've ever had chew on a shoe was a cat...

Which is not to say I haven't had canine chewers!
Pepper (the dog I had before Brenin) chewed on furniture when she was
teething (chair legs, mostly), and Brenin ate holes in the pockets of
several pairs of jeans; he'd pull the jeans down, or out of the laundry
basket, turn the pockets inside out, and eat them... which is of course my
own fault for habitually keeping dog treats in my pockets..
And when I first had Morag, she not only chewed up all sorts of odd things
found about the house, but ATE them - in her case I believe it was some form
of pica, possibly due to malnourishment. Rocsi was a dedicated chewer, but
preferred wooden things or woobies - as a pup, she was satisfied with dried
kudzu and dog toys.

Cenau (who is NOT a puppy) loves to chew things up, but mostly confines
himself to the multitude of bones, nylabones, and woobies scattered about
the house - however he does snitch yogurt containers and the like and gnaw
them up if he can. Like Rocsi, he spits out the bits, so I don't worry about
it too much.
I've also got to watch out for my socks - he doesn't eat them but he does
like to snitch them and run about "killing" them, especially my Smartwool
ones (which is 90% of my socks). The sock thing isn't due to my scent,
either, since he prefers clean ones.

He's got amazingly powerful jaws for such a wee dog - the first week I had
him, I gave him a red Kong (I had two tiny ones that were given to me with
Rocsi) with some meat roll stuffed in the end, thinking it would occupy him
for a bit. He lay down at my feet holding it in his paws & examining it...
couple of minutes later, I glanced down and found he'd neatly chewed off the
small end & was holding THAT in his paws, licking out the goodies. He'd
quite clearly analyzed the quickest way to get the food, then set about
doing it.

Old November 7th 08, 02:33 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior

On Thu, 6 Nov 2008 20:31:35 -0500, "sionnach"
wrote:

"Nessa" wrote:
I agree Shelly! I just FORGOT about shoes and puppies...

Perhaps the fact that he's way bigger than many adult dogs had something to
do with it? ;-D

Ya know that might be part of it... he can counter surf with four on
the floor....I don't think of him as a puppy but he won't be a year
old till Christmas time..

Best Wishes,

Nessa
----
Dog Mom to:
Hannah age 6.5 Pitador rescued age 9 weeks
Harley age 10 months Landseer Newfoundland
(Angel) Bagel went to Rainbow Bridge 9/18/08 my Newfandstuff age 8.5
Old November 8th 08, 04:58 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior

In article rOFQk.367797$TT4.323543@attbi_s22,
Robin Nuttall wrote:

Shelly wrote:

WHY do they always eat your FAVORITE pair????

Oh come on. Nobody can match Viva's record. She once opened my closet
door and at SIX LEFT SHOES. The shoes included a pair of Nina's, 2
Enzos, and a a hiking boot I hadn't even worn yet. Only the left shoe of
each. About $500 worth of footwear.

I had no clue that my left foot was so attractive...

I just turned around --our 18-week old Maltese has just discovered our
(momentarily open) downstairs closet. There are five shoes on the rug
behind me, each from a different pair. I was going to retrieve them and
close the closet. Now I have to wait and see if she can break your
record :-)

Dick Muldoon

Note to Harriet Shelly Dog behavior 9 November 5th 08 07:11 PM
Marcel and White Monkey, take note... Marie Dog behavior 50 July 6th 04 04:11 PM
NOTE ABOUT "The Puppy W..." Ron M. Dog behavior 3 June 2nd 04 10:33 PM
NOTE ABOUT "The Puppy W..." Ron M. Dog behavior 0 June 2nd 04 10:21 PM
NOTE ABOUT "The Puppy W..." Ron M. Dog behavior 0 June 2nd 04 10:21 PM