Pit bulls totally upstaged by cute little fox

Old November 6th 08, 04:09 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior

Default Pit bulls totally upstaged by cute little fox

[]
Locking jaws of d00m:

Authorities in Arizona say a jogger attacked by a rabid
fox ran a mile with the animal's jaws clamped on her arm
and then drove herself to a hospital.

http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5i...6wjHAD948VDVG0

Old November 7th 08, 12:55 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior

Melinda Shore wrote:

[]
Locking jaws of d00m:

Authorities in Arizona say a jogger attacked by a rabid
fox ran a mile with the animal's jaws clamped on her arm
and then drove herself to a hospital.

http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5i...6wjHAD948VDVG0

She's a braver girl than I. I'd have done whatever was necessary to get
the damned thing off of me, and just sucked it up and taken the shots.
And possibly have left behind an animal that would attack somebody else.
Which it ended up doing anyways, so I guess it's a wash.

I had an orphan possum bite me on the inside of the upper arm and refuse
to let go (nice pet, eh?). I clamped her between my arm and my body and
just kept squeezing until she lost her air and had to open her mouth to
breath. She left a bruise the size and color of a plum, with a couple
of pretty deep scratches.

Luck was on my side, though, because I did not report the incident to my
parents. We'd had her a couple of months by then and I thought that if
she had, I don't know, prenatal rabies or something like that, she'd
have been showing symptoms by then. Only, even healthy possums are so
stupid and nasty and weird, who even knows what a rabid possum might act
like? All I knew was that I didn't want a baby I'd bottle-fed
euthanized in order to inspect her brain.

Old November 7th 08, 01:03 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior

On Nov 6, 6:55*pm, Kathleen wrote:

All I knew was that I didn't want a baby I'd bottle-fed
euthanized in order to inspect her brain.

My understanding is that possums are a dead-end species. They can get
rabies (though they aren't very susceptible), but they cannot pass it
on.

--
Shelly

Totally OT Kathleen Dog behavior 0 December 19th 07 07:34 PM
Totally OT - We're alive! flick Dog behavior 28 September 17th 05 11:49 AM