Pink Nose / Pigmentation / Remedies?

Old August 24th 03, 03:39 PM
mom2adog

Default Pink Nose / Pigmentation / Remedies?

Hi All,

My beloved 4-yr. old golden's nose turned pink at about 1 yr. of age and
never turned back to being black, even in the summer months when she had
more light exposure. She's been on Canidae dry kibble since 6 months of
age and does very well on their formula; her skin and coat are
absolutely gorgeous.

One friend recently told me I should add 1 tablespoon of of extra-virgin
olive oil in each meal and that would help restore the dark pigmentation
to her nose. I'd never heard of this before.

Do you have any info on this or any other suggestions that you know of
to restore pigmentation to a dog's nose?

thanks.
--

Mom2aDog
(owned by the world's most spoiled golden retriever