Who wants my lab?

Old February 18th 08, 12:39 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Sue and Atty

Default Who wants my lab?

Lab for sale - real cheap. At this point, she's free. Here I sit, 6:30 am,
windows and doors open in February, and 1 dog who's had a bath already
today. Why? Somebody's dear sweet Atty (she's not mine this morning)
decided to roll her head through deer poop or some type of poop whilst out
for her morning business. And somebody decided to send her back to the
bedroom and wake me up to tell me so I could give her a bath.
GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Gee, and I was hoping to get to sleep in this morning.

Who wants her?

Sue and Atty

Old February 18th 08, 01:50 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Judy

"Sue and Atty" wrote in message
t...
And somebody decided to send her back to the
bedroom and wake me up to tell me so I could give her a bath.
GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Gee, and I was hoping to get to sleep in this morning.

Who wants her?

Sue and Atty

I believe it's the Somebody who sent her back to wake me up who would be
offered for free to the first taker.

Judy

Old February 18th 08, 01:52 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
diddy[_2_]

"Sue and Atty" spoke these words of wisdom in
t:

Lab for sale - real cheap. At this point, she's free. Here I sit, 6:30
am, windows and doors open in February, and 1 dog who's had a bath
already today. Why? Somebody's dear sweet Atty (she's not mine this
morning) decided to roll her head through deer poop or some type of poop
whilst out for her morning business. And somebody decided to send her
back to the bedroom and wake me up to tell me so I could give her a
bath. GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Gee, and I was hoping to get to sleep in this morning.

Who wants her?

Sue and Atty

If this is the tracking dog, I do!
Old February 18th 08, 04:09 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Sue and Atty

"diddy" none wrote in message
. ..
"Sue and Atty" spoke these words of wisdom in
t:

Lab for sale - real cheap. At this point, she's free. Here I sit, 6:30
am, windows and doors open in February, and 1 dog who's had a bath
already today. Why? Somebody's dear sweet Atty (she's not mine this
morning) decided to roll her head through deer poop or some type of poop
whilst out for her morning business. And somebody decided to send her
back to the bedroom and wake me up to tell me so I could give her a
bath. GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Gee, and I was hoping to get to sleep in this morning.

Who wants her?

Sue and Atty

If this is the tracking dog, I do!

Tracking dog? Not likely - the only thing she'll track reliably is food -
and apparantly deer poop.

Old February 18th 08, 05:24 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Sue and Atty

"Terri" wrote in message

Then she'd fit right in with Carmine the walking stomach. Although he's
not discovered deer poop yet I anticipate it will be met with the same
careful and scientific testing. What's one more Lab, I say. Atty will fit
in nicely. But you can keep that SOMEONE person!

No way - he's part of the deal. Right about now I'd send him for free and
keep her.

In his defense, though, he was getting ready for work and I didn't have to
go. Although, come to think of it, I get woken up to clean up the puke,
too. hmmmmmmmmm He does clean - washes floors, toilets, counters, dusts,
vacuums, just doesn't do the icky things. Lucky me.

I'm open to hints on how to desmell the house - I didn't realize the smell
until I went out to try to find what she rolled in and came back in.

Sue and Atty

Old February 18th 08, 05:28 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Sue and Atty

"Judy" wrote in message
"Sue and Atty" wrote in message
t...
And somebody decided to send her back to the
bedroom and wake me up to tell me so I could give her a bath.
GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Gee, and I was hoping to get to sleep in this morning.

Who wants her?

Sue and Atty

I believe it's the Somebody who sent her back to wake me up who would be
offered for free to the first taker.

Judy

Oh, he is. I was just going to send him with her - sort of a package deal.
I was afraid if I put him in the deal there wouldn't be any takers.

Sue and Atty

Old February 18th 08, 07:11 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Sue and Atty

"Terri" wrote in message
snip
I'm open to hints on how to desmell the house - I didn't realize the
smell until I went out to try to find what she rolled in and came back
in.

Not having dealt specifically with deer poop I'd have to call on my
arsenal of how to get rid of other nasty odors.
I'd probably begin with good old baking soda sprinkled on any areas
of carpet and upholstery to vacuum up later.
Failing that I'd go get the Resolve. Failing _that_ I'd probably
graduate up to an enzyme neutralizer of some sort.

Until any or all of those kick in I'm fond of Fabreeze and scented
candles. Or in a pinch, plain old wooden kitchen matches lit and
blown out. And unless it's -20F* outside I'd probably turn off the
furnace for a bit and open up the windows.

*Unless of course you're cooking liver, in which case even -100F
isn't too cold to open up the windows.

Let me know if this works. Yesterday we were walking the dogs
around the field at the new place and Carmine became an 80#lb
black nose and urine generator. It's too soon to be able to
tell for sure but I'm fairly certain a great many fox, coyotes,
deer and other critters have all left their calling cards
around the base of each tree.

The windows were open at 6:30 (it's only 26F today - it was 57F last night -
welcome to Ohio weather). although I've closed up the house since, she's had
2 more neck baths - collars, too(at least she doesn't smell anymore), the
candles are burning, as well as the "paint odor neutralizer sponge thing" I
found in my painting supplies. But I still smell it! Now it just smells
like apple pie scented deer dung!
Headed to the baking soda. Then maybe the pet store to get something. We
don't even have anything like Nature's Miracle in the house - haven't had to
use it in years.

thanks for the suggestions.
Sue and Atty

Old February 18th 08, 07:27 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Rocky[_2_]

"Sue and Atty" said in
rec.pets.dogs.behavior:

Why? Somebody's dear sweet Atty (she's not mine this
morning) decided to roll her head through deer poop or some
type of poop whilst out for her morning business.

Deer poop doesn't really adhere and, in my experience, isn't
particulary stinky. Any geese around?

The worst I've seen was a dog who'd found a human, uhm,
"campsite."

Old February 18th 08, 07:28 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
[email protected]

On Feb 18, 12:59 pm, Terri wrote:
*Unless of course you're cooking liver, in which case even -100F
isn't too cold to open up the windows.

Amen to that. I made liver treats for Yoda once. Never again. I
don't love him THAT much.

Nick
Old February 18th 08, 07:35 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Rocky[_2_]

"Sue and Atty" said in
rec.pets.dogs.behavior:

I'm open to hints on how to desmell the house - I didn't
realize the smell until I went out to try to find what she
rolled in and came back in.

Febreeze or Glade for the quick fix, bleach'n'water if it's on
lino or tile, Petastic if on carpet or furniture, garbage can if
on pretty much anything else.

This time of year, I do all that first and then open windows and
doors whilst putting on a sweater. I get lots of wind, so house
odours flush quickly.