When to buy a second std schnauzer?

Old November 29th 08, 01:29 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.breeds

Default When to buy a second std schnauzer?

My std schnauzer is 7 months old. What is the best age for a 1st dog
to be for introducing a 2nd dog of the same breed?

André
Old November 29th 08, 01:44 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.breeds

In article
,
André wrote:

My std schnauzer is 7 months old. What is the best age for a 1st dog
to be for introducing a 2nd dog of the same breed?

André

My personal general rule of thumb is when the first dog is what you want
him to be, behaviorally and has matured. That is generally around 18
months if you have been doing your work, but could be later, and in some
cases, earlier. In many breeds, opposite genders are a very wise choice
as well, and particularly for anyone without prior multi-dog experience.
Of course, reproductive status becomes something to pay great attention
to at that point.

--
Janet Boss

Schnauzer Injury? Dali Dog Dog health 4 July 30th 06 08:49 PM
Should we get a Schnauzer? Irene Dog breeds 9 March 31st 05 07:33 PM
Schnauzer Paulo Dog breeds 9 December 27th 04 09:40 PM
Schnauzer Ana Lucia Dog activities 2 September 17th 04 05:00 PM
Schnauzer Refuses To Eat Doug Dog health 0 September 23rd 03 02:35 AM