Kennels for Great Pyrs

Old October 4th 09, 04:24 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.breeds

Default Kennels for Great Pyrs

Hello,

We have 2 Great Pyrs puppies (4 months old). What is the minimum
height for their kennels ? Is 31" or 32" enough ? Where to get second
hand Vari Kennel for them ?

Thanks

Andre
Old October 4th 09, 05:22 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.breeds

Andre wrote:
Hello,

We have 2 Great Pyrs puppies (4 months old). What is the minimum
height for their kennels ? Is 31" or 32" enough ? Where to get second
hand Vari Kennel for them ?

Honestly, they're going to grow so quickly,
that I would go ahead and get a kennel for
what their adult sizes will be.
Old October 4th 09, 04:02 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.breeds

On Oct 3, 11:22*pm, Tara Green wrote:
Andre wrote:
Hello,

We have 2 Great Pyrs puppies (4 months old). What is the minimum
height for their kennels ? Is 31" or 32" enough ? Where to get second
hand Vari Kennel for them ?

Honestly, they're going to grow so quickly,
that I would go ahead and get a kennel for
what their adult sizes will be.

48" long Heavy Duty -Midwest, Others - is what I would recommend.
Anything lighter and it may not stand up to a big dog. VarKennels
that large are not easy to find - so called Giant or X-Large. For
snow dogs, I like the greater ventilation that the metal crates allow.

Linda H., lurking for a while
Saint Bernards
Old October 5th 09, 08:41 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.breeds

On Oct 4, 12:22*am, Tara Green wrote:
Andre wrote:
Hello,

We have 2 Great Pyrs puppies (4 months old). What is the minimum
height for their kennels ? Is 31" or 32" enough ? Where to get second
hand Vari Kennel for them ?

Honestly, they're going to grow so quickly,
that I would go ahead and get a kennel for
what their adult sizes will be.

According to the standard, females are 25" to 29" at the shoulder. So
add a rather large head and you get...36" ?

Andre
Old October 5th 09, 08:48 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.breeds

Andre wrote:
Hello,

We have 2 Great Pyrs puppies (4 months old). What is the minimum
height for their kennels ? Is 31" or 32" enough ? Where to get second
hand Vari Kennel for them ?

Honestly, they're going to grow so quickly,
that I would go ahead and get a kennel for
what their adult sizes will be.

48" long Heavy Duty -Midwest, Others - is what I would recommend.
Anything lighter and it may not stand up to a big dog. *VarKennels
that large are not easy to find - so called Giant or X-Large. *For
snow dogs, I like the greater ventilation that the metal crates allow.

Linda H., lurking for a while
Saint Bernards

My wife and I are trying to stay away from metal cages and would
prefer, if at all possible, Vari Kennel type of enclosures for them.
But where to find them and how big should they be ?

The previous dogs we had were shelties so we are getting used to a
giant breed; quite a jump !

Andre
Old October 6th 09, 12:32 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.breeds

Andre wrote:
[...]

In my experience, the lerger breeds I've
known have actually been more comfortable in
wire crates (when they were needed) than in
the plastic crates.

I would err on the side of the largest crate
available for a dog that size.

Depends on if its for housetraining, or
mostly for travel though.