Need references on Klar or Bijou Standar Poodles

Old February 13th 05, 06:05 PM
marc

Default Need references on Klar or Bijou Standar Poodles

Hi All,

I would like to have references on a breeder that I found on the web. So
far, I found nothing. If you have information please help me.

That breeder operated under two different name: Klar and Bijou Standard
Poodles

Thanks for you help!

Old February 13th 05, 06:16 PM
Rocky

marc said in rec.pets.dogs.breeds:

I would like to have references on a breeder that I found
on the web. So far, I found nothing. If you have
information please help me.

Can you provide their website URL? Even if no one here has
heard of this breeder, someone can probably point you to the
good stuff and (hopefully not) the bad stuff on their site.

A google on "Standard Poodle (Klar OR Bijou)" turns up a lot of
hits, even in central or eastern Canada (from where I assume
you're posting).

Old February 13th 05, 06:51 PM
Rocky

marc said in rec.pets.dogs.breeds:

Here is the URL http://geocities.com/brownpoodles/index.html

Thanks! It's unavailable right now due to high traffic.

Old February 13th 05, 07:03 PM
Rocky

marc said in rec.pets.dogs.breeds:

Here is the URL http://geocities.com/brownpoodles/index.html

FWIW, a search on "Standard Poodle (Klar OR Bijou) brownpoodles"
turns up some red flags, but I'll reserve judgement until I see
the buyers contract, pedigrees, and titles that they should be
promoting on their website - when the website becomes available.

Old February 13th 05, 07:59 PM
AndreaS

Just reading it quickly, there is very little information to go by. Only one
dog in their breeding program is noted as having an OFA number (Coaco) and
she's also the only one who appears to have titles of any kind. Oddly, they
list "OFA" afte her name as if it were also a title. No dogs are
specifically noted as having CERF numbers. I didn't see anything about SA or
Addison's. No registered names or pedigrees are listed that I saw.

All this is troubling since ostensibly a website is there to provide
information about the breeder's dogs, yet there is really very little
information of value to be had there. It doesn't mean the dogs _don't_ have
OFA, CERF or other testing or titles, but since the breeder was not kind
enough to provide registered names there is no way to check.

This I lifted from one of the pages:
" Our pups will have up to date vaccinations, deworming, health record,
tails and dew-claws done and come with a 2 year health guarantee against any
genetic defects or crippling hip dysplasia. The pup's parents, are health
checked, CERF'd and OFA'd. "

Dogs cannot be OFA'd until _after_ their 2nd birthday. PRA often does not
show up until later in life - 4 years and older. Sort of makes the health
guarantee worthless, doesn't it? And as I noted before, the site provides no
specifics on CERF/OFA. What are the dogs registered names? What are their
numbers and results?

Also of note is the idea of specializing in rare colors. It's cool to have a
color you like and attempt to produce it. I like tri's myself, and when all
other things are equal, I will go for that color. However it's not often
that all things are equal and I tend to have some trepidation when someone
states they breed for color. It might not be a big deal, but...

-Andrea Stone
Saorsa Basenjis
http://home1.gte.net/res0s12z/

Old February 13th 05, 08:11 PM
AndreaS

snip top posting and previous failure to snip

Apologies on the top posting. 8 years on Usenet and I done screwed up!
Sorry, no coffee yet. I schlepped the puppy off to his auntie's for the
night and slept in. That's my excuse and I'm stickin' with it.

-Andrea Stone
Saorsa Basenjis
http://home1.gte.net/res0s12z/

Old February 13th 05, 10:00 PM
Sue

I think I'd find another breeder.

They clearly state they are breeding to produce pets & from the photos the
dogs are only pet rather than show/ breeding quality.
No one who has any regard for the breed standard would dare decribe a dog as
having "Perfect form and movement" especially when this is the caption to a
photo showing an appauling topline.
They also state that you won't be allergic to their poodles!
The guarantee is a farce & they go on about titles and retiring dogs once
they have them - What titles?

Old February 13th 05, 10:56 PM
Christy

"Sue" wrote in message
I think I'd find another breeder.

They clearly state they are breeding to produce pets & from the photos the
dogs are only pet rather than show/ breeding quality.
No one who has any regard for the breed standard would dare decribe a dog

as
having "Perfect form and movement" especially when this is the caption to

photo showing an appauling topline.
They also state that you won't be allergic to their poodles!
The guarantee is a farce & they go on about titles and retiring dogs once
they have them - What titles?

I found this rather amusing -
"We know you may have allergies. That is why our poodles are purebred
with no Retriever, Lab or other breeds mixed in."
Really? That's the ONLY reason you breed purebred poodles? Funny, I thought
responsible breeders bred for the benefit of the breed as a whole, not just
to produce something marketable for the general public. But we aren't really
talking responsible breeders here...
"We only breed our females once a year." - wow, now that's remarkable!

Christy

Old February 16th 05, 04:56 AM
marc

Many thanks for the help to Rocky, AndreaS, Sue and Christy. You confirmed
my impressions on that breeder. I asked her to give me references and she
gave me a long story why she could not. Then I found an hold web post where
she was offering ''labrapoodles'' a few month ago. Guess to me this means
something when you have to trust a breeder you'll never meet.