Female dog heat

Old August 16th 05, 04:38 PM
Kathf

Default Female dog heat

Do bitches have seasons all their lives or do they stop after a certain age?
She always has a phantom pregnancy after every heat is there anything we can
do to stop/help this?

Old August 16th 05, 04:45 PM

on 2005-08-16 at 16:38 wrote:

Do bitches have seasons all their lives or do they stop after
a certain age? She always has a phantom pregnancy after
every heat is there anything we can do to stop/help this?

spaying should solve the problem.

http://www.cat-sidh.net
http://cat-sidh.blogspot.com/
http://letters-to-esther.blogspot.com/ (updated 7/10/05)
Old August 16th 05, 06:23 PM
flick

"Kathf" wrote in message
Do bitches have seasons all their lives or do they stop after a certain
age? She always has a phantom pregnancy after every heat is there anything
we can do to stop/help this?

Please have her spayed.

flick 100785

Old August 16th 05, 09:02 PM
Opinicus

"shelly" wrote in message

Do bitches have seasons all their lives or do they stop
after
a certain age? She always has a phantom pregnancy after
every heat is there anything we can do to stop/help this?

spaying should solve the problem.

Depends on the type of spaying apparently.

In our compound we've got a bitch who was allegedly spayed
(in Switzerland). Twice a year all the males in the vicinity
show a more than passing interest in her butt. She, on the
other--uh, hand--shows no interest in the males and
aggressively rebuffs them.

--
Bob

Kanyak's Doghouse
http://www.kanyak.com

Old August 17th 05, 01:28 PM
diannes

Opinicus wrote:

In our compound we've got a bitch who was allegedly spayed
(in Switzerland). Twice a year all the males in the vicinity
show a more than passing interest in her butt. She, on the
other--uh, hand--shows no interest in the males and
aggressively rebuffs them.

It's apparently not uncommon in Europe to remove the uterus but
leave the ovaries when a bitch is spayed. This would explain
most of the behavior you're describing here - the exception
being that if she were coming into season there *ought* to be
a period where she's sexually receptive.

JFWIW,

Dianne

Old August 17th 05, 03:10 PM
Brittany

Spaying is the way to go. This will stop this from ever happening again.