Home Visit Checklist?

Old September 24th 03, 02:27 AM
Child

Default Home Visit Checklist?

Doing my first home visit for rescue. Does anyone have a checklist for me
to use?

thanks in advance!!

Old September 24th 03, 02:33 AM
Tara O.

"Child" wrote in message
Doing my first home visit for rescue. Does anyone have a checklist for me
to use?

I could email you mine if you give me a valid email address..or email me at
am

--
Tara

Old September 24th 03, 04:02 AM
Kaabooo

I usually don't worry too much about trash or messes... unless of course the
yard is full of glass or tin cans or something!
A home&Garden magazine n=model home usually scares me... how can people with
homes like that have a shedding, chewing, peeing dog?
Not that neat and clean people can't take care of a dog... I just don't pay
that much attention to those things.

What I worry more about is how the other pets in the house are doing. Are
they socialized , the right weight, do they look happy? And I include all
pets on my checklist - including aquariums and reptiles!
If there are other dogs I usually discretely have a look at its nails.
Naturally worn nails are great - that means the dog gets plenty of exercise,
walks and outdoor quality time with its owner. Clipped short nails is second
best - means the owner is cautious about the dogs' grooming needs. If the
nails are looong I get sceptical.

I also ask to see the sleeping- and feeding areas. Then I check fences and
gates.

I usually try to have a conversation rather than "inspecting". There is a
lot you can learn from just talking about people.
What happened to their other pets? Will they attend training classes?
I usually go by gut feeling rather than chacklists... but that's just me.

Kate