stop urine killing plants

Old August 8th 07, 07:24 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.breeds
Andy[_2_]

Default stop urine killing plants

hi

my jack russels urine keeps killing the plants in our garden, I have heard
that adding brewers yeast to a dogs food can help with this. is this right,
can anyone suggest any other ways of solving this problem

thanks
andy

Old August 8th 07, 07:36 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.breeds
diddy[_2_]

"Andy" spoke these words of wisdom in
:

hi

my jack russels urine keeps killing the plants in our garden, I have
heard that adding brewers yeast to a dogs food can help with this. is
this right, can anyone suggest any other ways of solving this problem

thanks
andy

The absolute best way is to water the spot after the dog urinates.
Old August 9th 07, 11:49 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.breeds
Robin Nuttall

This header made me visualize vicious pee-yellow bushes marching forth
to kill urine.

Die urine, Die!

Old August 19th 07, 09:14 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.breeds
redbordy

On Aug 9, 4:24 am, "Andy" wrote:
hi

my jack russels urine keeps killing the plants in our garden, I have heard
that adding brewers yeast to a dogs food can help with this. is this right,
can anyone suggest any other ways of solving this problem

thanks
andy

hi i am sure you can buy a product that you can spray near the plants
to stop him from peeing on there. I also suggest you train him to pee
in a certain spot. Take him to a designated spot and tell him to pee,
he will soon get used to where it is appropriate to relieve himself.
cheers

Old August 26th 07, 10:20 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.breeds
Shelby Windsor

On Aug 8, 11:24 am, "Andy" wrote:
hi

my jack russels urine keeps killing the plants in our garden, I have heard
that adding brewers yeast to a dogs food can help with this. is this right,
can anyone suggest any other ways of solving this problem

thanks
andy

I have the same problem. My Olde English Bulldogge is trained to
deficate in one area of the yard but we did not train him to urinate
in only one spot. He is not nuetered and likes to mark his
territory. If your JRT is not too old neutering may help, however,
depending on his age the habit may be difficult, if not impossible to
break.

You can try various products sold at garden and pet centers but most
of them must be reapplied after a few days or after rainfall. Too
much time & expense for me.

Whenever I put in a new shrub, tree, or bush, I put wire fencing
around the new plant just far enough out so that when my dog lifts
his leg the stream does not reach the plant directly. I also have a
20" tall fence along my 20' perennial border. The fence is made out
of inexpesive wire mesh (from DYI type store) and 2x2's spay painted
black. It sounds incredibly tacky but it really blends in pretty
well.

Another alternative would be to use raised beds and/or container
plantings.

Best of luck!