yet another new trick

Old May 22nd 04, 01:13 AM
culprit

Default yet another new trick

yesterday, Manu sat on the floor at my feet and started crunching on
something. i opened his mouth to see what he had *this* time, and it was an
eggshell. now, there are only three places he could have gotten an
eggshell. there are whole eggs in the fridge, but there was no egg in this
one, just shell. from the compost pile, but that's outside of the IF range,
and he had been inside the house the whole time. then i noticed that the
door under the kitchen sink was open. he had figured out how to open it and
stolen the eggshell from my compost container (the holding area that i empty
every other day to the outside pile).

so now he opens sliding glass doors, unlatched hinged doors (both ways), and
cabinet doors. he also sometimes gets into the toilet for a drink, when
the seat is down.

i guess it's time to install the child proof catches.

at least he still hasn't figured out the fridge yet.

-kelly

Old May 22nd 04, 02:59 AM
FurPaw

culprit wrote:

so now he opens sliding glass doors, unlatched hinged doors (both ways), and
cabinet doors. he also sometimes gets into the toilet for a drink, when
the seat is down.

i guess it's time to install the child proof catches.

at least he still hasn't figured out the fridge yet.

Pretty smart doggie! Just don't leave any rags hanging from the fridge
door...

FurPaw

Old May 22nd 04, 01:37 PM
Shelly & The Boys

"culprit" wrote in message
so now he opens sliding glass doors, unlatched hinged doors (both ways),
and cabinet doors. he also sometimes gets into the toilet for a drink,

when
the seat is down.

hehehehe...I know a woman w/ Labs that catches whole, small duck
eggs and then eats them. But, to find & eat the shells himself? That's
pretty smart!

i guess it's time to install the child proof catches.

I learned pretty quick when Coda was a youngster that pretty much
everything had to be locked up w/ baby latches. It confuses our friends
when they come over, knowing that we don't have children.

at least he still hasn't figured out the fridge yet.

Just don't let your dish-towel hang to dry from it. I've always hung mine
from the stove handle. Friends came over and she hung it from the
fridge. We were cooking and making a big dinner, so we were in & out
of the fridge quite a bit before settling down to finish up the baking.
Within 15 minutes, Coda had opened up the fridge by pulling the towel.
Argh.
Coda is deceptive, he looks sweet, but he's secretly and evil mastermind.
Bodhi is just his sily sidekick.
Shelly & The Boys

Old May 26th 04, 07:39 PM
Gwen Watson

"culprit" wrote in message

so now he opens sliding glass doors, unlatched hinged doors (both ways),
and cabinet doors. he also sometimes gets into the toilet for a drink,

Blade drinks from toilet with seat shut daily. He also gets ice cubes
out of ice chest
and if you let him will take every single cube. He hasn't opened any
cabinets yet, thankfully.

at least he still hasn't figured out the fridge yet.

Blade has been doing this for years. We even have a baby latch, but he
tests it all the time
because he knows how forgetful we are. Sunday night he had left over
ribs. GGGGGGgggggggrrrrrrrrrrr! You just best never walk away from the
refrig without the latch
on or else he is sure to help himself to whatever is appealing.

Gwen

Help with a trick. vboy Dog behavior 15 May 19th 04 04:54 PM
Help with a trick. vboy Dog behavior 0 May 3rd 04 05:20 AM
Help with a trick. vboy Dog behavior 0 May 3rd 04 05:20 AM
Help with a trick. vboy Dog behavior 0 May 3rd 04 05:20 AM
Trick training advice [email protected] Dog behavior 1 September 7th 03 08:30 PM