Bull Terrier

Old May 22nd 04, 11:08 AM
chevin

Default Bull Terrier

Hi, I have a bull terrier with which I am delighted in almost every
way. He is just over 4 years old and friendly to other dogs and
humans alike. However, he does present one problem - he hates
windscreen wipers working on a car. (When he is in it that is.) He is
a very powerful dog weighing almost 40kgs and if he is in the back of
my 4 x 4 when I turn on the wipers he instantly attacks the screen in
the hope og being able to kill them. We have tried tying him down in
the back but he is so strong that short of tying him up with cable
ties we just can't imobilise him. There is no point in blacking off
that part of the vehicle because if he hears them working, he starts
barking, and there is no way you can go anywhere with him barking
while you are driving.

We are fortunate in as much that it doesn't rain here very often and
we tend to stay at home when it does - we know the weather will soon
be good again. However, today we were going away for the weekend and
as I reversed down the drive, it began to rain heavily. Although we
had the dog securely tied down in the back, (we thought), as soon as I
turned on the wipers, he managed to get into the back seat and started
barking at the wipers. Unfortunately we just had to cancel our trip!

Does anyone have any idea as to how we can cure him of this problem?