Killfile is getting huge

Old July 23rd 03, 08:15 PM
Nomdeplume

Default Killfile is getting huge

Not only do I have to killfile heavy posters like Jerry & Melanie, but
I have to killfile all the the "pings and rants" too. People take
your private comments and arguments elsehwere, please.

When you are fighting, most of us can't even follow the thread without
slogging through tons of meaningless caustic drivel. I chose not to
waste my time on it, and I'd appreciate it if you took it private.
Please.

Who is michael, anyway? I have about 5 diff versions of the name
killfiled.

Thanks

Sara D.
Old July 23rd 03, 08:59 PM
Rocky

Nomdeplume said in rec.pets.dogs.breeds:

Not only do I have to killfile heavy posters like Jerry &
Melanie [...]

Melanie's a heavy poster? IIRC, she's 5'1" and thin.

Seriously, I think you're confusing her with someone else.

Old July 23rd 03, 09:23 PM
sionnach

"Rocky" wrote:

Melanie's a heavy poster? IIRC, she's 5'1" and thin.

I didn't have to look up to talk to her, and I'm 4' 11.75". G

Seriously, I think you're confusing her with someone else.

Maybe nomdeplume has trouble reading *long* posts?

Old July 23rd 03, 09:57 PM
sionnach

"Nomdeplume" wrote:

Who is michael, anyway? I have about 5 diff versions of the name
killfiled.

He's a guy who lives near Philadelphia. Unlike Mr. Howe, he does actually
own a couple of nice dogs and knows something about training. Like Mr. Howe,
he seems to have delusions of his own importance. He keeps changing his
"screen name" to avoid killfiles.

Old July 23rd 03, 10:15 PM
Dimpled Chad

On 23 Jul 2003, Suja opined:

Why would you put Melanie in the same category as Jerry? She is not
exactly a prolific poster, and mostly has useful information to contribute.

My guess is she means Charlie, who seems to post 90% of the time following
Melanie's posts....

Chad

--
Looking for a pet? Adopt one! ** http://www.petfinder.com
Info for a healthy, happy dog? * http://www.dog-play.com

Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean nobody's
out to get you.

Old July 24th 03, 01:12 PM
Marcel Beaudoin

Dimpled Chad wrote in
:

My guess is she means Charlie, who seems to post 90% of the time
following Melanie's posts....

Could she mean me?? I will freely admit that I do contribute to my fair
share of OT postings and conversations.

Marcel Beaudoin & Moogli

*Four hours* to bury a cat? Yes - it
wouldn't keep still'

Old July 24th 03, 02:25 PM
Gwen Watson

Marcel Beaudoin wrote:

Dimpled Chad wrote in
:

My guess is she means Charlie, who seems to post 90% of the time
following Melanie's posts....

Could she mean me?? I will freely admit that I do contribute to my fair
share of OT postings and conversations.

I doubt it. And I can't possibly see how she could have meant Melanie.
Not even. Melanie always posts OT. She never posts alot. There
are days that go by without seeing a single post from her. And she
posts good information about her dogs and dogs in general.

It had to be a mistake or seems as though it did.

Gwen

Old July 24th 03, 03:47 PM
Gwen Watson

Sionnach wrote:

"Gwen Watson" wrote:

Melanie always posts OT.

Um- I'm thinking you mean to say that Melanie's good about putting OT in
the subject headers WHEN she posts OT, rather than that all her post are OT.

No I meant ON TOPIC, not Off topic. Duh. Sorry I certainly was not very
caffienated when I posted this. And both are OTs.

Anyway thanks for bringing this to my attention.

Melanie always posts On topic and it is very rare to see many posts
in one day posted by Melanie.

Gwen

Old July 24th 03, 11:02 PM
Suja

Nomdeplume wrote:

No, not confused. I have nothing against the posts. I don't read
most of them, in fact. This is based on sheer volume alone. (325
posts deleted when I removed and re-filtered the posts) And I only
keep the headers for 45 days

I don't get this. Between 6/9 and today (roughly 45 days), Melanie has
made a grand total of 12 posts. Not excessive by any stretch of the
imagination.

Suja

Old July 25th 03, 12:50 AM
dianne marie schoenberg

Suja wrote:
Nomdeplume wrote:

No, not confused. I have nothing against the posts. I don't read
most of them, in fact. This is based on sheer volume alone. (325
posts deleted when I removed and re-filtered the posts) And I only
keep the headers for 45 days

I don't get this. Between 6/9 and today (roughly 45 days), Melanie has
made a grand total of 12 posts. Not excessive by any stretch of the
imagination.

Maybe her newsserver burped? (Sara, that's perfectly possible;
when a newsserver is having problems, it will often send multiple
copies of the same post.) Melanie's posts *do* tend to be longer
than most, but that's because she's very thoughtful.

I agree that Melanie is no one's idea of a heavy poster.

Dianne