digging in yard

Old April 28th 05, 08:46 PM
YourConscience

Default digging in yard

HOWEDY doc,

les wrote:
Me again...the original poster of Q...........

The Amazing Puppy Wizard RECOMMENDS you not disturb
the continuity of HIS classroom, doctor.

The freedom of running around in the yard is wonderful to him.

You've become a DISTURBANCE asking the QUESTIONS you
should have RESEARCHED on your own from The Amazing
Puppy Wizard's Archives and then following your DUE
DILLIGENCE, pursue the INFORMATION YOU NEED from your
FREE COPY of The Amazing Puppy Wizard's FREE WWW Wits'
End Dog Training Method Manual {) ; ~ ) :

"The Methods, Principles, And Philosophy Of Behavior
Never Change,
Or They'd Not Be Scientific And Would Not Obtain
Consistent, Reliable, Fast, Effective Results
For All Handler's
And All Dogs,
For ALL FIELDS And ALL UTILITIES
ALL OVER
The Whole Wild World
NEARLY INSTANTLY,
As Taught In Your FREE Copy Of The Puppy Wizard's FREE
WWW Wits' End Dog Training Method Manual,"
The Puppy Wizard. {} ; ~ )

You can TRAIN ANY DOG KAT BIRDY or CHILD
in a few minutes to NATURALLY WANT to do ANY
THING you ask if you DON'T follow the ADVICE of
the lying dog kat birdy and child abusing MENTAL
CASES you're askin for HEELP.

You GET The Critter You TRAINED

A DOG Is A Dog;
As A KAT Is A KAT;
As A BIRDY Is A BIRDY;
As A CHILD IS A CHILD;
As A SP-HOWES Is a SP-HOWES.

ALL Behavior Problems Are CAUSED BY MISHANDLING

ALL Critters Only Respond In
PREDICTABLE INNATE NORMAL NATURAL
INSTINCTIVE REFLEXIVE Ways;
To Situations And Circumstances Of Their Environment
Which We Create For Them.

Damn The Descartean War of "Nature Vs Nurture."
We Teach By HOWER Words And Actions
And GET BACK What We TAUGHT.

Here's your FREE copy of The Amazing Puppy
Wizard's FREE WWW Wits' End Dog Training
Method Manual: http://makeashorterlink.com/?G34D2527A

He plays with his toys, and animals abound in the thickets.

You're asking LIARS DOG ABUSERS COWARDS and ACTIVE ACUTE
L:ONG TERM INCURABLE MENTAL CASES who's own dogs GOT THE
SAME PROBLEM that THEY CAN'T CURE, doctor {) ; ~ )

You'd SEE THAT had you done your due dilligence.

IN FACT, your own dog's problem digging would be CURED BY NHOWE {): ~
)

He never barks, so he's not a nuisance. (in fact I wish he's
bark once as a normal territorial dog)

Your dog doesn't bark on accHOWENT Of the same REASON he digs.
You are IN CON-TROLL and the dog got NUTHIN to worry abHOWET
EXXXCEPT YOU, and THAT'S HOWE COME HE DIGS {) ; ~ )

My dog has done basic obedience,

INDEEDY! THAT'S THE STRESSOR that CAUSES anXXXIHOWESS
RELIEF MECHANISMS like diggin spinning pacing self
mutilation fear of thunder car sickness aggression
shyness OCD'S like light / shadow / tail chasing
and DEATHLY STRESS INDUCED AUTO-IMMUNE DIS-EASES aka
The Puppy Wizard's SYNDROME that MOST of the Gang Of
Lying Dog Abusing Punk Thug Coward MENTAL CASES dogs
you're ASKIN FOR ADVICE ARE DYIN FROM, doctor {) ; ~ )

and I'm sad to say is not up to the same par as my
old beloved dog who mastered basic, advanced obedience,
obstacle course training, and protection work.

INDEED. Let's talk abHOWET HOWE you TRAINED your dogs, doc.

I'm, needless to say, quite disappointed by my new
one-year old who has a completely new set of bad
behaviors I never had to deal with before.

ALL temperament and behavior problems are CAUSED BY MISHANDLING.

( Yes, I know, some will say this is normal behavior

THOSE ARE THE GODDAMEND FREAKIN MENTAL CASES YOU'RE ASKIN, doc.

and any dog who doesn't act like this is ABnormal.)

THAT'S HOWE COME YOU GOT The Amazing Puppy Wizard on your case, doc.

But, I think a canine behaviorist can rationalize an
alternative behavior.

The Amazing Puppy Wizard has DISCREDITED your canine behaviorists.

The idea of channeling him into a "sandbox" is along
the lines of what I would expect.

RIGHT. That's part of the PROBLEM, doc. These DOG ABUSING
PUNK THUG COWARD MENTAL CASES who TAUGHT YOU to jerk and
choke your dog are INCAPABLE of HOWEtwitting the cunning
of the domestic puppy dog, doctor. Yet you're entertrainin
them and makin The Amazing Puppy Wizard WORK REALLY REALLY
HARD to IDENTIFY EXXXPOSE and DISCREDIT the dog abusers
liars cowards and ACTIVE ACUTE LONG TERM INCURABLE MENTAL
CASES you've kicked HOWETA their graves to reply to you.

IMO, it probably makes sense,

No, it probably doesn't MAKE SENSE to allHOWE an
inapupriate anXXXIHOWESNESS RELIEF MECHANISM to
go untreated or the PROBLEM may GET WORSE and
REPRESSING such ANXXXIHOWESNESS behaviors ONLY
CAUSES them to CHANGE to OTHER, SEEMINGLY NON
RELATED, OFTEN WORSE, behaviors as SUBSTITUTE
or TRAINSFER behaviors (cite The Amazing Puppy
Wizard's FREE WWW Wits' End Dog Training Method
Manual) {) ; ~ )

but I still wonder if rechanneling is as
healthy as extinguishing the behavior.

PERHAPS they DID teach you sumpthin at university, doc.

Afterall, I would still be encouraging something
I really don't want him to do !!

Yeah, but THIS AIN'T abHOWET YOU, doc. THIS is
abHOWET your dog's MENTAL HEELTH which you'd
PREFER to IGNORE in favor of your own FEELINS,
IOW, YOU GOT The Puppy Wizard's SYNDROME or you
wouldn't be POSTING HERE abHOWETS on accHOWENT
of DECENT PEOPLE DO NOT POST HERE abHOWETS {); ~ )

AND YOU'D KNOW THAT TOO if you've done your DUE DILLIGENCE.

And that's assuming he understands one spot is okay,

You can't TEACH THAT, doc. You've got to EXXXTINGUISH
diggin in ALL OTHER places BUT the approved site and
YOU CAN'T DO THAT using the INFORMATION YOU GOT from
these lying dog abusing punk thug coward mental cases
and university trained behaviorists.

and another is not.

The PROBLEM is you can't stomach The Amazing Puppy
Wizard's NON FORCE NON BRIBE METHODS, on accHOWENT
of THAT EMBARRASSES you for your own behavior {); ~ )

IOW, YOU GOT The Puppy Wizard's SYNDROME JUST LIKE
the lying dog abusing punk thug coward mental cases
you're askin for advice, doc {) ; ~ )

LUCKY THING there's a CURE for it.

But you'll have to eat a lotta **** first.

After working with him in classes,

You mean bribing jerking and choking him...

he doesn't seem as sharp as my previous dog.

Yeah?

This makes me wonder if anything I do
will make an imprint on him.

You gotta FORGET EVERY THING you've been taught
abHOWET dogs training children and behavior {); ~ )

I think some of his history I have to overcome is his abusive past.

BWEEEEEEEEEEAAAHAHAHAHHAHAAAA!!!

THE ONLY ABUSE YOU GOTTA "OVERCOME" IS YOUR OWN TRAININ ABUSES, doc.

(someone hacked his tail off.....a home-docking job ??)

PROBABLY PRYOR TO HIS EYES and EARS OPENING.

I found him at a Humane Pound, and he was a stray.

The past is HISTORY... LIKE THE HISTORY YOU SHOULD
HAVE READ in The Amazing Puppy Wizard's Archives
PRYOR to posting to these lying dog abusing punk
thug coward mental cases you're RHOWESTING HOWETA
their graves, doctor {) ; ~ )

He had 3 types of intestinal worms, and was a skeleton.

That's IRRELEVENT.

He has found a good loving home,

Do you have a nice shock fence for him, doc?

THAT could be makin him anXXXIHOWES.

but this digging is about to drive my wife nuts
in regard to her garden.

You can TRAIN your dog in a few minutes to RESPECT
your garden and not to NEED anXXXIHOWESNESS RELIEF
MECHANISMS like EXXXCESSIVE DIGGING {) ; ~ )

So that's the scenario.

INDEED.

I want to keep everyone happy and sane.

You're TOO LATE, doc. HEEL THYSELF.

I'm still trolling for ideas.

BWEEEEEEEEAAAHAHAHAHAHHAHAAAA!!!

The "METHODS" you've CHOSEN to "TRAIN" your dog
are the CAUSE of ALL behavior problems, doc. Of
curse, there AIN'T NO ALTERNATE METHODS other
than The Amazing Puppy Wizard's FREE WWW Wits'
End Dog Training Method Manual and THAT would
be CONtraWIZE to your university descartean
trainin as a M.D. {); ~ )

WHAT ELSE did your university FAIL to teach you, doctor?

Thanks.

IN ORDER TO CURE THIS "PROBLEM" YOU GOTTA EAT A LOTTA **** FIRST.

Dr. B.

The Amazing Puppy Wizard {); ~ )

"Terri"@cyberhighway dogsnuts wrote:
Hey, do like me, and killfile Jerry.
He has millions of people aleady reading his posts and
watching him extract his soggy foot out of his mouth!
Out of these MILLIONS, I've only seen 2 naive childs
come forward and actually believe in his training manual.

Robert Crim writes:

I assume that I and my wife are those two naive childs since
I freely admit to having read and, I hope, understood enough
of the manual and it's counterparts by John Fisher and the
posts of Marilyn Rammell to believe and use it. This naive
child would like to say thank you to both Jerry and Marilyn for
putting up with a constant barrage of really infantile crap at
the hands of supposedly adult dog lovers.

The other naive child (LSW) has to put up with the nagging
idea that if people like them had been posting earlier, maybe
we would not have had to hold the head of a really
magnificent animal in our arms while he was given the
needle and having to hug him and wait until he gasped
his last gasp.

To my mind, "naive" is believing you can terrorize a dog into
good behavior. Naive is believing that people that hide
behind fake names are more honest than people that use
their real names. Naive is thinking that dilettante dog
breeders and amateur "trainers" like Joey (lyingdogDUMMY,
j=2Eh.) are the equal or better than those that have studied and
lived by their craft for decades.

"Stupid" is believing that people do not see kindergarten
level insults for what they are. Really stupid is believing
that people like Jerry Howe and Marilyn Rammell are going
to just go away because you people act like fools.

Why do you act like fools? I really have no idea,
and I don't really care.

And, to date: I've not seen ONE come forward and actually
admit to buying and having success with his little black box.

I think I'm going to get one myself for Father's day and take
it down to the Animal Shelter for their use and testing. You
would never believe the results, so you'll never know.

Anyone by now that doesn't see a scam man coming by
Jerry's posts deserves to get what is sure to be coming to
him! LOL!

I don't see a "scam man", so I guess I and Longsuffering
Wife and Rollei will just have to get what we deserve, eh?
As Joey (Dogman) says, "poor Rollei.".......right.

Terri

Yes it was, and that is sad.

Robert, Longsuffering Wife and Rollei (do I
get to listen to the box first?)

Hello People,

Robert Crim was a former Gang Of Thugs Member, and
hated me a much as the rest of our Thugs do. Robert was a
long time friend and prominent contributor to rpdb, till Jerry
came along and smartened him up. He learned the hard
way, and no longer posts to his former pals, because it is
just too painful knowing his pals would rather HURT and
KILL their dogs than to admit that JERRY is RIGHT.

=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3 D=3D=3D=3D

GRIN

Care for a teaspoon, doctor?

"I'm not Jerry but sure you could use a clicker to
distract a dog but that is not the purpose of a clicker.

You can also use a teaspoon to cut steak but that
is not the purpose of teaspoon!"

--Marshall

PERHAPS you'd PREFER a tablespoon, doc?

The Amazing Puppy Wizard {); ~ )

ENJOY!

Take your idiocy to private Email.

You've accidentally posted to The Amazing
Puppy Wizard's FREE WWW Wits' End Dog
Training Method Forums and we don't enterTRAIN
lying dog abusing mental cases to post here
abHOWETS.

"I Am Willing To Take Jerry's Theory On
How Dogs Think As A Likely One, Simply
Because The Dog Training Methodology
He Describes (Based On His Suppositions)
Works So Well," Lisa B.

Jerry's Dog Training Manual

From: Marshall Dermer )
Subject: Jerry's Dog Training Manual
Date: 2001-07-10 13:34:38 PST

In article "Jenn"

writes:

Hi Lynn,

I used to have a barking problem with my
German Shepherd Dog a couple of years ago.
I tried several things recommended to me by
different trainers, and nothing was working.

When I read that section of Jerry's Manual,
I thought the same way you did.

"What???? PRAISE her for barking?" It sounded
counterproductive, but I had tried everything else
I'd heard so I thought I'd try it too.

Next time she went nuts at a person walking by
outside, I told her, "Good job! Good girl! You are
such a good protector!" And instead of continuing
the barking, she came to me for a belly rub! She
will still bark (she's a guard dog, that's her job),
but after one bark, she knows she's done her job
to warn me by my praise, and she stops.
Jenn,

Could you be so kind as to post here the
section from Jerry's manual where he
writes that you should JUST praise the
dog when it barks?????????

As I recall, I thought he first advocates
distracting the dog from barking, with
keys or the soft sound of pennies in a
can, before praising.

Perhaps you can tutor me regarding
Jerry's system.

Thanks in advance!

--Marshall Dermer

PS: I don't read Jerry's posts but I look
forward to your post.

From: Marshall Dermer )
Subject: Clicker training "stay"
Date: 2001-06-21 20:25:38 PST

In article "Jenn"

writes:

Hi, DogStar716, sorry you feel this way about
me. I hope I can change your mind in the future,
as I love reading your posts, and value (and
have used) some of your advice.

BWWWWWEEEJAJAJAJAJAJAAAAA!!!

As for my post to Jer, I am just attempting
to get a plain answer about something instead
of a trash- fest. I just want to know if it can be
done.

Jenn Standring

I'm not Jerry but sure you could use a clicker to
distract a dog but that is not the purpose of a clicker.

You can also use a teaspoon to cut steak but that
is not the purpose of teaspoon!

--Marshall

Hi Marshall,

I'll do my best to answer you... please bear with me, ok? :-)

Marshall Dermer wrote:
In article =AD
2tails writes:

snip Dave's response
Not to mention, the manual has a lot regarding how dogs
think, which can't be explained just by a short description
of "what to do." The psychology behind the method is
needed so that the person reading it will be able to figure
out their dogs' problems by themselves.

Problems, as in "why is my dog doing 'X,'" and figuring
out ways to address it, if necessary.

regards,
Lisa

Dear Lisa,
How would you know if Jerry's analysis
of "how dog's think"
is correct?

That is, if thinking is some invisible process inside of a
dog's head how would we know if Jerry or anyone is correct?

Of course, it isn't necessary at all to know how dogs think,
or even if they *do* think. I believe that they do, but of
course I can't prove it, and neither can Jerry.

The heart of the matter is, the discussion in the manual
regarding "how dogs think" is part of a wholistic approach to
dog training.

It helps to comprehend the reasoning behind the
methodology. The methodology works quickly
and easily, therefore lending credence (as far as
I'm concerned) to his theory of how dogs think.

It's the same sort of thing regarding theories of whether the
earth revolves around the sun, or contrariwise. Is it possible
to send a rocket to the moon, based on the assumption
that the sun revolves around the earth?

The answer is, of course, yes, though it would most likely
be enormously complicated. The better solution is to begin
with the theorythattheearthrevolvesarou=ADndthesun.

In other words, the simplest answer or description is the
best, even though it may not be empirically provable.

And so, I am willing to take Jerry's theory on how dogs
think as a likely one, simply because the dog training
methodology he describes (based on his suppositions)
works so well.

I hope this helps you to understand from which perspective
I say the things that I do about Jerry's method and manual.

regards,
Lisa

"If I Knew It Would Be That Easy, I Would Have
Done This A Long Time Ago Saving Myself 5 Years
Of Dealing With A Bouncy, Over Excited Dog!" Jenn.

Hello Jenn,

"brijen" wrote in message

Hello Jerry,
I just wanted to let you know that I am
trying this right now.

Good.

I am the woman who wrote to you a while
ago about trying to walk my dog without the
pinch collar.

I recall.

She also goes APE when I grab the leash.
We have been doing this technique you
recommend for about a half an hour now
and the results are already fantastic, as
well as amusing!

Yeah, dog training should always be more
fun than work.

At first, we went out and I stood there,
and Anya kept trying to head out to the
sidewalk. When I didn't follow, she came
and sat beside me at heel! (Thanks to
your help!) She'd NEVER done that before.

It's the same principle as in the Hot And
Cold Exercise.

I rewarded that with a few steps of a walk,
but we came in after about 30 seconds. She
stopped and looked at me as if she were
thinking, "What? But we just got out here!"
The second and third times, she was even
MORE eager when she saw the leash, and
I got the same look when I turned around
to go back in. The fourth time, she just
bounced a bit as she walked to the door
with me, and sat nicely to wait until I hooked
up the leash, and this last time, I HAD
TO CALL HER TO ME!!!!!!!!!!

Fine. That's because dogs learn on the basis of
four repetitions. That's not to say they can't learn
some things faster, but for breaking habits, it
usually happens the fourth time we repeat a lesson.

Then we need to repeat the lesson at three more
locations our time in each to generalize the idea.
Let's say your dog gets excited when you take her
lead and go to the front door. She would probably
do the same at the back door, but to not such a degree.

Likewise for any other door.

It would behoove you to repeat the exercise with
several other doors and it would be easiest to
start with a door that had less excitement involved
with it.

If I knew it would be that easy, I would have
done this a long time ago saving myself 5
years of dealing with a bouncy, over excited dog!

The non force methods work fast and easy
because we are not challenging the dog or
calling our attention to their behavior problems.

I have to tell you how the walk is going though.
I have a lot of problems there, but it is all ME.
I have been so conditioned to "correct" her,
that I still find myself yanking on her collar.

Yes, those habits are hard to break. It's easier for
me to train a person who has no experience at all
because they have no bad habits of pulling and
forcing control.

I feel so awful! We have only been working
in the yard without distractions, because I
honestly don't know what will happen if she
sees another dog and I won't have the pinch
collar to keep her from dragging me over for
a fight.

You know that working the dog in the back
yard is not preferable, because that causes
them some anxiety because it's their free area.
But with your dog and with the difficulty he is
to handle, I don't see any reason you shouldn't
do the Family Leadership Exercise and the come
command several times out there, and then you'll
have the control to do it in a more neutral area.

The upside is, when I take the leash off it's
hook and don't take the pinch collar, her
excitement to go for a walk is NO LONGER
combined with the intense fear I used to see
in her eyes at the sight of the pinch!

Our group likes to think that is EXCITEMENT and
eagerness to work. It is sheer terror. The pinch
collar works by overriding the opposition reflex
through fear and that cause tremendous stress
and anxiety that must be released through anxiety
relief mechanisms like barking, digging, whining,
chewing, self mutilation and aggression.

That does it for me. I can't believe I instilled
fear in my beautiful dog just for the sake that
I didn't know how to train. Well, I still don't
know how, but I'm learning!

That's where I was three dozen years ago. I was
ready to just quit. I wasn't going to sour any more
dogs to make them work.

Thanks for your help. Please send more
suggestions if you saw something I could
be doing differently!

Jenn & Anya

I was thinking about your difficulties with
your dog. Just getting the Hot And Cold
Exercise and the Family Leadership Exercise
and the come command installed will solve
most of your difficulty with him.

I presume you've got msn messenger. We
can speak over that if you are set up for it,
and I can demonstrate the timing and tone
and tempo for using sound distractions
and praise, or we could speak on the phone.

The most important thing to remember is to
pick up and handle the lead in a relaxed manner,
no white knuckles, keep your elbow relaxed and
your arm down at your side with the length of the
lead breaking just below the knee.

Let me know if you need further help.

Jerry.

"James Roberts" wrote in message
I have downloaded and have read Jerry's Wit's End
document.

Ignoring what you think of his participation, what
is your assessment of the merits of his techniques?

Paul B wrote in message

Hello James,
I have used his recommended techniques and
ideas with great success, and over the period
I've used these methods the more I've become
to understand and appreciate how his methods
work and how effective they can be if carried out
correctly.

His manual isn't conventional and as such gets
critisized and misunderstood. The basic concept
is to allow the dog to choose whatever behaviour
it wants for any situation but to distract (and
immediately praise ) it from behaviours we deem
undesirable, because of the correctly timed
distractions repeated usually about 4 times (in
each location) the dog decides of it own accord
that this behaviour is undesriable and therefore
pursues something else, if that behaviour is also
inappropriate to us then we carry on distracting,
very soon the dog finds a behaviour that is mutually
acceptable. The benefits of this type of approach
are numerous, firstly we aren't challenging the dog
so there is no conflict so the dog does't develop any
possible negativity to us, the dog decides of it own
free will that a behaviour is unsatisfying so chooses
to cease it (in other words even if we are gone the
dog won't have any desire to pursue that behaviour
i.e. bin raiding etc).

I would recommend his manual.
Paul

From: Marshall Dermer )
Date: 2001-07-12 06:49:13 PST

Paul B wrote:
While the concept of shake cans is not new,
I haven't read any other advice that says to
praise immediately regardless of what the dog
does next (the common advice is to praise once
the dog is doing a desired behaviour or at least
stopped the unwanted behaviour), this is unique
to Jerry (and Marilyn) and from my own
experiences is an important part of the process.

And how do we know this aspect of his
advice is right?

Jerry is not God and his manual is not the Bible.

His advice could be subject to an empirical analysis.

--Marshall

=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3 D

"Marshall Dermer"

From: Paul B )
Date: 2001-07-12 00:13:28 PST

Hello Marshall,

The way I view it from my observation of how
my dogs react is that the distraction interrupts
the dogs thought, not for good or bad, just
interrupts, the dog is therefore distracted for
a second and then will either continue the
behaviour or do something else.

The praise reassures the dog that the sound
distraction is not a threat or punishment,
however if everytime the dog resumes a
particular behaviour it's distracted immediately
(and praised immediately for reassurance) then
it quickly decides this behaviour is not fulfilling
and it ceases.

A dog will offer another behaviour in it's place
and if that is acceptable to us then we let it be
otherwise the distraction continues until a suitable
alternate behaviour is offered.

One example, Sam used to jump up on me
when I arrived home, I would shake can to
distract him right at the moment he was
about to jump up, after about 4 repetitions
he tried sitting and offering me his paw, of
course this was fine so I let it be.

While the concept of shake cans is not new,
I haven't read any other advice that says to
praise immediately regardless of what the
dog does next (the common advice is to
praise once the dog is doing a desired
behaviour or at least stopped the unwanted
behaviour), this is unique to Jerry (and Marilyn)
and from my own experiences is an important
part of the process.

Thanks Paul! He does recommend praising
a dog for barking, but he appears to recognize
that this may not work and so distraction
is recommended as a back up procedu

"Estel J. Hines" wrote in message

Until i read the Jerry method of Bark
reduction, it went something like this
with our 11 month old puppy "Yoshi"
Yoshi: Bark, bark,
us: HUSH Youshi
Yoshi Bark, bark......................
us: Hush Youshi
Yoshi BARK, BARK, BARK, ..............................=AD...
it stopped when Yoshi got tired barking
We decided to try the Jerry method
:Yoshi: BARK, BARK
US: GOOD Yoshi, Good Boy, who is it?
Yoshi Bark, Bark
US: It's ok, good boy Yoshi, We know them.
Yosh without fail, now stops after we say that.
I must say, it is so much more fun, when we
can praise him, to deal with things like this.
Thanks Jerry
ps: We are just starting to go thru the Jerry
Papers, and learn how to live with our son
"Yoshi", whom we love very much. --
Best Regards,
Estel J. Hines

=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D

There really is NOTHING new about
the advice above!

Nuthin EXXXCEPT HOWE IT'S DONE.

"Dan Moore"

wrote in message
.
..=2E

Tracy,

What worked for me, in just one storm,
was to praise the dog after each clap
of thunder, telling him he's a Good Dog!

This is an almost 13 year old Doberman, BTW.

The next time it thundered, he did not even react at
all--you could not tell it was the same dog as before.

There was more thunder just the other day, and same
thing, nada, nothing, zilch, no cowering, whimpering,
trying to hide at all, it was that simple.

I got this idea from Jerry Howe, who might seem
to be a "wild and crazy" character, but his non-
abusive way of handling dogs WORKS.

Wonderfully.

Praise.

It's that simple.

Juanita

Until i read the Jerry method of Bark reductioon,

--
Best Regards,

Estel J. Hines

=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D

HOWEDY Brandy,

"Brandy Kurtz" wrote in message

om...

(Brandy Kurtz) wrote in message

. com...

Hello everyone! We have a 2 1/2 year old male

Well I just printed out the Amazing Puppy Wizard info,
so I haven't actually started to train yet.

Today a salesman knocked on the door, and Pokey
was going balisstic. I calmly go to the window to see
who it is, and off-handly say Good Boy, It's a stranger,
Good Boy. Pokey shut right up, gave me a quizical
look, and came and sat beside my feet! OMG, I could
not believe it!

I was totally floored, as this has been his
behavior since a pup. Just wanted to update,
and Pokey and I are hitting the sack...

Well THAT IS encouraging, AIN'T IT.

Brandy

"Just Want To Second Jerry's Method For
Dealing With This (Destructive Separation
Anxiety). I've Suggested It To Quite A Few
Clients Now And It's Worked 'EVERY TIME
The Very First Time' - marilyn, Trainer, 33
Years Experience.

Date: 5/22/03 11:24:35 PM Eastern
Daylight Time

Well, let me tell you, your Wits' End
Dog Training Method works.

My dog, Dasie, Loves to chase chameleons
around the barbecue on the patio. I
used this system on four different occasions.

When she went out today, she looked
everywhere else but the barbecue.
Amazing, just amazing.

I will write to Amanda about the video.

I am really excited to learn more, and
understand. Maybe just a little reassurance
that I am going about it the right way.

Thanks again
Paul

From: Chris Williams )
Subject: Thank you Jerry Howe
Date: 2002-03-26 08:16:19 PST

Engrossing account, Anthony. Our best to Angel
and your family.

A friend, who socializes the kittens I've taken
from a feral cat colony, is using the DDR.

She reports far fewer panic problems than
she's had before.

=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3 D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=
=3D=3D=3D

Chris Williams writes:

"The FREE Wits' End Dog Training Method manual
I do find valuable. Much of it I recognize as what
I've always done without thinking of it as "training".
New stuff, I've used. His anchoring technique erased
the last of Mac's fireworks trauma,"

=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3 D=3D=3D=3D

From: Mike )
Subject: Info. on the puppy wizard?
Date: 2004-07-15 12:28:54 PST

Alan,

The puppy wizard calls it as he sees it.

He isn't PC and that pisses people off.

The fact is that I have used his FREE
methods and they DO in fact work.

What a crock of **** relating his methods
to a science experiment.

Yes, the man is a cross posting menace
and has proly smoked too many batts in
his day but he has the canine species best
interest at heart and doesn't profit from his
point of view.

He is a selfless advocate for dogs and
that's enough for me to respect the man
no matter how controversial he gets.

Oh, and did I mention his methods work, ya nuff said.

Mike

From: Mike )
Date: 2004-07-18 14:27:02 PST

Oh, and did I mention his methods work, ya nuff said.

Mike

Ok Mike which part worked for you?

It helped clear problems from my dogs in the
field using the can penny distraction technique.
Works like a charm. My dogs get distracted easy
from their jobs ie, retrieving or training to find lost
people, oh did I mention that I am a Search and
Rescue Team Leader.

Sorry that slipped my mind.

I have read volumes of training books and don't
know where people get that Jerry copied others
work as I have NEVER come across his methods
before. I would like to see proof.

Just like Jerry outlined I eliminated problems one
at at time as they arose. I used to try and train to
the way I wanted them but this is backward, you
train out the problems leaving what you want left
over.

Funny part is the second dog who had the same
problems as the other didn't need correcting for
some of his habits after I cleared it from the first
dog. Seemed he learned through osmosis.

Nice side benefit there.

It nearly came to giving them up to a 3rd party
trainer as they were not performing well. The
VAST majority of working dog trainers are
agressive in their actions with the dogs.

I tried it and it didn't work and guess what?
I was at my "Whits End" then someone I
knew turned me onto Jerry and the rest is history.

I referred friends and families to Jerry's manual
and all have had great results. Starting puppies
out on the distraction technique is especially
good because they never develop the habit.

I had my sisters dog healing, sitting and down
stay reliably at 8-9 weeks.

The first night home following Jerrys advice
we ditched the crate and put the pup on the
floor beside the bed and after 2 whimpers
NOT A SOUND OUT OF THAT DOG FOR
6 HRS! first night, that has never happened
in all my days.

Sorry, the man understands dogs its that simple.

Mike

The Puppy Wizard sez:

"A dog is a dog as a child is a child. They only
respond in PREDICTABLE NORMAL NATURAL
INNATE INSTINCTIVE REFLEXIVE ways to
situations and circumstances of their environment
which we create for them.

ALL BEHAVIOR PROBLEMS ARE CAUSED BY MISHANDLING.
Damn The Descartean War of "Nature Vs Nurture."
We Teach By HOWER Words And Actions
And GET BACK What We TAUGHT.

In The Problem Animal Behavior BUSINESS
FAILURE MEANS DEATH.
SAME SAME SAME SAME,
For The Problem Child Behavior BUSINESS.

http://tinyurl.com/2v9oh

Here's professor of ANAL-ytic behaviorISM research
at UofWI, marshall "SCRUFF SHAKE and SCREAM
"NO!" into ITS face for five seconds and lock IT in a
box for ten minutes contemplation," dermer:

"At this point, "No" does not have any behavioral function.
But, if you say "No,"pick up the puppy by its neck and
shake it a bit, and the frequency of the biting decreases
then you will have achieved too things.

First, the frequency of unwanted chewing has decreased;
and two, you have established "No" as a conditioned punisher.

How much neck pulling and shaking? Just the
minimum necessary to decrease the unwanted
biting.

**********IS THAT A CONSISTENT 5 SECONDS?************

When our dog was a puppy, "No" came before mild
forms of punishment (I would hold my dog's mouth
closed for a few seconds.) whereas "Bad Dog" came
before stronger punishement (the kind discussed above).

"No" is usually sufficient but sometimes I use "Bad Dog"
to stop a behavior. "Bad Dog" ALWAYS works," marshall
dermer, research professor of ANAL-ytic behaviorISM at
UofWI. For MOORE animal abuse, please visit dr p.

BWAHAHAHHAHAAAA!!!!!

That's INSANE. Ain't it.

The Amazing Puppy Wizard. {}TPW ; ~ }

P=2ES. Contacting Dr. P:

Please note that due to the large number of
requests I receive, I can no longer give free,
personal advice on problems related to dog
training and behavior.

In order for me to give such advice we would
have to "talk" about the problem at length.

That is, I would need detailed information about
the dog, it's environment and routine, the problem,
and the situation in which the problem occurs.

Thus, this type of consultation takes time which
I cannot afford to give away for free.

If you wish such advice, please see the information
I have provided about my K9 Behavioral Consulting
practice. Another alternative to obtaining personal
advice is to participate in e-mail, chat room, &
newsgroup discussions.

P=2EP.S. BWEEEEEEEAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAA!!!

YOU'RE FRAUDS, drs p. and dermer!

Either DEFEND your LIES, ABUSE And
Degrees or get the heel HOWETA THIS
BUSINESS.

"If you talk with the animals, they will talk with you
and you will know each other.
If you do not talk to them, you will not know them,
and what you do not know you will fear.

What one fears, one destroys."
Chief Dan George

"If you've got them by the balls their hearts
and minds will follow,"
John Wayne.

The Amazing Puppy Wizard. {}TPW ; ~ }

"(Also, it is best to killfile posts from the
few regulars here who are either ill-
tempered, ill-mannered, or just plain ill.),"
--Marshall

digging in yard les Dog behavior 15 April 13th 05 06:47 AM
Yard Sign Man phillydog Dog behavior 0 September 26th 03 06:04 PM
Yard Sign Man phillydog Dog behavior 0 September 26th 03 06:04 PM
Yard Sign Man phillydog Dog behavior 0 September 26th 03 06:04 PM