who owns this group?

Old July 9th 05, 05:17 PM
Wolf Halton

Default who owns this group?

There is so much trolling going on,
seems like it is hard to make sense of half the posts.

Somebody educate this newbie. Please!

If in fact the group is owned by the troll,
then I will wander off. If it isn't, then
I got to go get a box of trollbait.

-Wolf
Old July 11th 05, 09:27 AM
Charles Richmond

Wolf Halton wrote:

There is so much trolling going on,
seems like it is hard to make sense of half the posts.

Somebody educate this newbie. Please!

If in fact the group is owned by the troll,
then I will wander off. If it isn't, then
I got to go get a box of trollbait.

ISTM that a guy called "The Puppy Wizard" is posting to this
group with long and boring posts...under different names, so
that he can *not* easily be kill-filed. That is the problem
here...

| Charles and Francis Richmond It is moral cowardice to leave |
| undone what one perceives right |
| richmond at plano dot net to do. -- Confucius |
Old July 11th 05, 03:56 PM
Michael A. Ball

On Sat, 09 Jul 2005 12:17:07 -0400, Wolf Halton
wrote:

There is so much trolling going on,
seems like it is hard to make sense of half the posts.

Somebody educate this newbie. Please!...

This group is not owned by anyone. In my opinion, it is one of the most
important news groups there is.

Jerry Howe, Puppy Wizard and many other pseudonyms are all the same
person. His rants are often very sparsely sprinkled with logic;
otherwise he's just a waste of bandwidth.

Occasionally, someone will stumble in and just can't resist trying to
strike up a thread about J.H. They often quote his entire posts--which
are often long and pointless. When these folks persist after they've
been advised against doing so, I filter them, too.

This is a good to superior group, but you must be able to use your
filter.

You have to love the sound of the line, more than you love the sound of your own drum.--Drumline
Old July 12th 05, 05:54 AM
Wolf Halton

Thanks for the input.

I am now completely getting the APW aspect of the list. :-)

I am going to avoid as many aspects of long-windedness, I may have by
forcefully standing for inflicting only good on y'all.

Wolf

Old July 12th 05, 11:40 PM
John Ferman

Not every news reader can do this; if you download one of wizards
's post with full header enabled, you might be able to trace back to
his root server name, the one used by his ISP. Then try block filtering
on that occurrance in the header. You should be able to block all of
his posts, regardless of name used. This wizard guy just must have too
much time on his hands - can we get him a long hours job somewhere.