Need Good Home: Young BOXER-MIX Brother & Sister THE WOODLANDS, TEXAS

Old November 13th 05, 05:25 PM

Default Need Good Home: Young BOXER-MIX Brother & Sister THE WOODLANDS, TEXAS

My husband and I found two young dogs in our driveway and they happily
came into our back yard which is where they've been since 11/10. We
want to adopt them to a loving, responsible home so they can live like
all dogs aught to. They're VERY FRIENDLY. They look like Boxer mixes
especially in the head and chest. The male is a dark brindle with lots
of white around his neck and on his paws. The girl is such a dark brown
she seems black at first with a lot of white on her chest and a bit on
her paws. We have awesome photos that we'll be glad to send to anybody
interested in fostering or adopting these pups.

We learned that others in the Northampton area saw these poor pups
running loose about three weeks ago. They've obviously been left to
fend for themselves, probably dumped here when their "owners"
discovered that they outgrew their cute puppy hood. We've taken the
pups for a few walks and discovered that they don't have experience
on leash, they don't know any basic commands, and they're terrified
of trucks. When we feed them breakfast and supper, they woof it down as
if they've been starved in the past. Being young dogs, they have a
lot of energy so they tend to jump up on us. They're learning to get
attention by sitting quietly, but they'll need a lot of patient
guidance once they're adopted. They really need to be a part of
somebody's family where they'll have a defined leader and positive
training. They're currently in a safe environment and they have play
sessions with our bigger dogs (both mixed mutts we rescued from similar
conditions to these two young dogs). We're not able to bring the pups
inside with us because of our cats and our grumpy older Corgi.

Please contact us if you're a responsible pet owner who would like to
consider adopting one or both of these wonderful young dogs. We'd
like to keep them together, but we realize it may be too difficult and
we're willing to split them up to give each of them exceptional
homes. We may be reached at 281-255-2878 or