hip dyspasia

Old December 11th 05, 11:24 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health

Default hip dyspasia

has anyone had any luck reducing a score from an xray .. by doing anything
different ...

Tina

Jyetara German Shepherds - http://www.jyetara.com

Old December 12th 05, 12:50 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health

There are a couple of things that can affect the OFA score. From th
www.offa.org website:

Radiography of pregnant or estrus females should be avoided due to possible
increased joint laxity (subluxation) from hormonal variations. OFA
recommends radiographs be taken one month after weaning pups and one month
before or after a heat cycle. Physical inactivity because of illness,
weather, or the owner's management practices may also result in some degree
of joint laxity. The OFA recommends evaluation when the dog is in good
physical condition.

Some vets just aren't good at doing the initial X-rays. OFA will
re-evaluate a new set of X-rays if you desire.

Ruth

Old December 12th 05, 07:02 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health

You might find the information on this web site helpful:
http://www.leerburg.com/hipart.htm

Old December 13th 05, 02:11 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health

You've got to stop it, PW. Your killing me. I haven't stopped laughing
since I read your last post:

That's HOWE COME we TRAIN dogs not to engage in indiscriminate
sex.

You gotta know that I am the only one who reads your insane babble.
Ever thought about changing your shtick?

Best regards, scott

By the way, have you got yourself a dog yet?

Old December 14th 05, 06:46 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health,rec.pets.dogs.behavior

Hip Dyspalsia cane easily be cured by first addressing The Crucia joint
problems that cane also recur from improper surgery done on the dog.
When that is addressed then only is it safe to address the Hip problem.
As detailed in the Veterinary Hand Book For Dogs.

Old December 14th 05, 10:55 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health,rec.pets.dogs.behavior

Put the dog down, it is not Show Quality anyway if it has hip dyspasia.

Old December 15th 05, 10:03 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health,rec.pets.dogs.behavior

The dog doesnt have HD it is far from having to be put down ... the dog will
never have pain with these scores .. i was asking if anyone had done a re
xray and reduced the score basically ..

Tina

Jyetara German Shepherds - http://www.jyetara.com
wrote in message
ups.com...
Put the dog down, it is not Show Quality anyway if it has hip dyspasia.

Old December 15th 05, 10:05 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health,rec.pets.dogs.behavior

HP = HD .. ya right if carnt be cured but could be read wrong .. i once had
a dog that was lazy doing obedience, especially the jumps ..so i thought
better get him xrayed .. the vet said his hips were so bad i wouldnt even
bother sending the film in .. but being a breeder and knowing that we need
all the results good or bad i did send them in .. well when i got the
results he had perfect hips .. so you carnt always believe everything the
vet tells you

wrote:
Hip Dyspalsia cane easily be cured by first addressing The Crucia joint
problems that cane also recur from improper surgery done on the dog.
When that is addressed then only is it safe to address the Hip problem.
As detailed in the Veterinary Hand Book For Dogs.

News==----
Newsgroups
=----