Reasons to neuter

Old December 16th 05, 01:18 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health

Default Reasons to neuter

Hello all,
My Girlfriend has a 6 month old puppy. I hate the thought of getting
him "fixed".
I guess its a male thing but I also cant see him being happy about it
either. I have heard that it is better for them in some way and helps
them to live longer.
How beneficial is this for a male dog? Are the health benefits extreme
or marginal? Are we talking about "he MIGHT be less susceptible to
certain problems"?
Behavior issues if he is not fixed as opposed to fixed?
This dog will not be getting out and creating unwanted puppies so that
is not a good reason in this case.
Any help would be appreciated

Old December 16th 05, 01:36 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health

In article .com,
Sabado wrote:
How beneficial is this for a male dog? Are the health benefits extreme
or marginal? Are we talking about "he MIGHT be less susceptible to
certain problems"?
Behavior issues if he is not fixed as opposed to fixed?

Right. You really can't predict with any certainty what the
future holds, but reasonable people do what they can to
improve the likelihood of a good outcome. In this case we
can't know whether or not your dog is going to develop
testicular cancer or mark all over your house if he isn't
neutered, but the odds are a lot better that these things
won't happen if he's neutered (indeed, if he's neutered
there's a 100% chance he won't develop testicular cancer).
There really isn't any downside to it and potentially quite
a bit of upside. Neutering is, among other things, about
improving the odds that your dog will live longer and
healthier (not to mention that little matter of not becoming
a father).

1/3 of US GDP growth is based in consumer borrowing

Replies and Reasons RhodesianRidgebacksRule Dog behavior 58 December 6th 05 01:55 PM
problems after neuter Lawlam Dog health 6 October 12th 05 04:32 AM
neuter?? MauiJNP Dog activities 4 November 30th 04 03:33 PM
Neuter Question cov Dog behavior 0 September 26th 04 10:21 PM
Neuter Question cov Dog behavior 0 September 26th 04 10:21 PM